Serial numbers

Comments

• edited May 2012

Also if im looking in the right thread in the above link thats a 025 code, we need a 026

There is no hexagon version 2.6

What's the name of your exe, and what's its CRC32?

Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on
  • rhattrhatt Posts: 2
    edited May 2012

I don't have a serial key either for mine. I'm trying to teach my cousin's son modelling and there is no serial key in this account. It's very frustrating!

Do we have to email DAZ for it now? I'm not going to dig through hundreds of posts on a forum archive I'm not sure I can even get to and don't have a link for.

Post edited by rhatt on
  • ucp_urqucp_urq Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3, thanks so much for the tip. It took, like, 15 min to find (only that long because the search is broken). Hardly too long to spend for a great piece of software, free.

--nnuri

• darknight666darknight666 Posts: 13
    edited May 2012

thats true, but my serieal request is asking for 026. as the codes are universal and public licence can someone not just post one? they are after all all the same arent they?
    P.S MY EXE IS A 2.5.1.79MAC32, but heres the thing why its asking for a 026 code in the build it says its a 2.6.0?

Post edited by darknight666 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We have flagged this up, and are still chasing for a solution.

• jonwatson87jonwatson87 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012

Sorry to throw another spanner in the works, for those who are saying "look under account settings".

You don't need to register for an account to download the free versions. Even if you do register for an account there is no longer an "add to cart" button, only a "download now" button which automatically starts the download.

I, too, have got the .exe files, not the .zip files. The only readme file I have is a .htm and just opens a welcome/support document with broken links.

I've emailed support, but clearly they're inundated.

Can't find the serial number on the forum, and don't have time to scour every single post. Can someone repost here?

It's asking for a code in this format:

HDZSTND-026-???????-???-???-???????

Post edited by jonwatson87 on
    edited May 2012

THis is the problem we have been talking about. It has been flagged up to the people who can sort it out, and we are just waiting for them to get back to us..

Until we get that feedback we will not allow a serial number to be posted in the forums, sorry.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

ucp_urq said:
    DaremoK3, thanks so much for the tip. It took, like, 15 min to find (only that long because the search is broken). Hardly too long to spend for a great piece of software, free.

--nnuri

+1 - failed last night but had another look this morning and bingo!!

• peter a066peter a066 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I have no life. I looked through every thing on my com puter that is related to Hexagon. I got nothing. Where can I find the ******* serial code?

• peter a066peter a066 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I also keep getting error messages when I go to "contact us".

• edited December 1969

You know, from a troubleshooting standpoint, there's a number of interesting anomolies occurring here, such as:

ucp_urq said:
    --nnuri

In this case, it appears that the posted serial number worked.

But in these cases:

P.S MY EXE IS A 2.5.1.79MAC32, but heres the thing why its asking for a 026 code in the build it says its a 2.6.0?

and

It's asking for a code in this format:
    HDZSTND-026-???????-???-???-???????

We have the right installer name, but an unexpected error message. It's asking for a serial number for a version that (as far as anyone knows) doesn't yet exist.

This is proof of one thing: The installer that is asking for the "026" format IS NOT THE SAME INSTALLER as that which is found in the ZIP file that was freely available prior to the website revamp.

And this points at another anomoly: many people here are speaking of having downloaded an EXE file alone, and not a ZIP file.

Yet ever since the revamp, clicking on the download link from my end has ONLY resulted in a 404 error. IOW, I can't get to ANY download, regardless of whether it's an EXE or a ZIP. The link I have to the software is http://freedownloads.daz3d.com/Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip , but the file simply doesn't exist.

So I have to ask: Are some people in some places able to download an executable while others can't download anything at all?

• edited December 1969

WHOA!!! Hold on!

It appears DAZ's brand-spanking-new website has a mini-bug, and the answer to my last question in my previous post is "yes". I just poked around the "products" tab, and found that the product links take me to 2 DIFFERENT download addresses, even though to the uninitiated eye they look identical.

Clicking one of the links takes you here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/hexagon/hexagon-what-is-hexagon
    This page has a download button, but clicking it returns an "HTTP 404 not found" error.
    The button on this page links to http://freedownloads.daz3d.com/Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip

Clicking a different link takes you here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/hexagon/hexagon-what-is-hexagon/
    Note the backslash at the end - it's CRITICAL. The page that appears looks identical, but clicking the download button initiates a download for an EXE file...still not the ZIP file.
    The button on this page links to http://free.downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.exe?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJVLM2RKESISABG2A&Expires=1354573939&Signature=oq3Vm1luSEYQfmkYQPMqU7GCVnE=&FixForIE;=.exe

AND FINALLY, WE GET TO THE BOTTOM LINE HERE:

I just downloaded the EXE from the above link and checked its CRC32. It MATCHES the file in the former ZIP file, so the posted serial number found in the archives WILL WORK.

The CRC32 of your executable NEEDS TO BE "EE7D93A3" in order for the posted serial to work.

If you don't have a CRC generator, you can use WinZIP or WinRAR to zip/rar your executable, and then look inside the zip/rar to see what its CRC32 is.

NO OTHER CRC WILL WORK, so the posted serial number won't be any good on any other version other than the free 2.5.1.79 version.

To fix this once and for all, if your CRC doesn't match, then download the EXE from the above link and use the posted serial number from the archives.

• edited December 1969

I've found a Serial number !!!!!!!!

But - Read FIRST

1. Change your Computer Clock time to e.g. 2010
    2. Start Hexagon
    3. Type in this Code
    HDZSTND-025-0000003-GWF-001-EBTNWXV (Expires 9/27/11)

F.A.Q.
    What will happen if I change back to the real time?
    -The License will be invalid, it asks you for a new one

Hope this will help you, to work with Hexagon :)
    I will looking for a better way.

• edited May 2012

chohole said:
    THis is the problem we have been talking about. It has been flagged up to the people who can sort it out, and we are just waiting for them to get back to us..
    Until we get that feedback we will not allow a serial number to be posted in the forums, sorry.

In the meantime, a LOT of people are being nailed by this revamp.

Since I was the one who posted the serial in the archives in the first place, I know EXACTLY where it is. May I at least post a link to that archive for the benefit of all?

This is an entirely benevolent excercize. There's neither intent nor possibility of piracy or misuse of the posted serial since it applies ONLY to a specific installer that has always been intended by DAZ to be freely available to anyone who wants it.
  • edited July 2012

Now the right Number

There is no expiration and it works directly :)
    Have fun!

edited May 2012

well, as i was saying that wont work on the 026 ones, afreaginname, thanks for the info, ill try it but im on a mac, so ill try the other download and let you know results

edit, well you may be lucky on the pc, but on the mac download i get the same file (:.
    just another q for the mods :), i cant open a ticket, the links are down, what do i do about that?

Post edited by darknight666 on
  • edited December 1969

well, as i was saying that wont work on the 026 ones, afreaginname, thanks for the info, ill try it but im on a mac, so ill try the other download and let you know results
    edit, well you may be lucky on the pc, but on the mac download i get the same file (:.
    just another q for the mods :), i cant open a ticket, the links are down, what do i do about that?

My condolences, fer shur... As a PC-dood I can't be of much service to the MAC crowd, so all we can do is keep on hacking! :)

Can we find someone running around here who has the zip file for the mac that was downloaded prior to the revamp?

If so, you guys can apply the same procedures as I did with the PC installer to the MAC installer and see what you come up with.

Good luck!
  • elham_ynazeelham_ynaze Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

no feedback from DAZ3D personnel?

we need the serial number

edited December 1969

They say that "If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at [email protected]" on my email after i successfully confirmed my account. After i sent my email to that particular link to request for the serial number...however, this is what i got...

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (sales) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
    * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
    * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
    * This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/a/daz3d.com/bin/static.py?hl=en_US&page=groups.cs.

Thanks,

daz3d.com admins

hope that daz3D personnel could give some feedback. I need the serial number.

Thanks

• evilfabioevilfabio Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've downloaded Bryce 7 and Hexagon 2.5, but the serial numbers for both don't seem to be part of the downloads (like the serial for DAZ Studio 4 was). Am I missing something obvious? I've checked My Account/My Serial Numbers and found nada. Thanks.

edited December 1969

I am going to merge your post with the thtead that is already ongoing about serial numbers.

edited December 1969

Please be patient, we can not do anything until we get some answers from the people who can help, and it is now the weekend, so nothing is likely to happen until Monday at least.

Be aware that these forums are supplied for the use of froum members, and anything you post here is unlikely to be seen byt the PTB.

We are forwarding/ reporting all issues. We can do no more.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Please be patient, we can not do anything until we get some answers from the people who can help, and it is now the weekend, so nothing is likely to happen until Monday at least.

Be aware that these forums are supplied for the use of froum members, and anything you post here is unlikely to be seen byt the PTB.

We are forwarding/ reporting all issues. We can do no more.

sorry for being impatient. thanks a lot for your response. really appreciate it.

edited December 1969

@ evilfabio, if you look on the help button ! Then click software registration, you can get the bryce code there, the hex one is another prob:)

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

My apologies to the MAC users.

I had no idea your version of 2.5.1.79 (latest version: Public Freebie) was not technically the same build as us PC user's version.

Yes, the serial number I was trying to help you all find (without stepping on chohole's toes) was from the PC ZIP (that afreaginname posted), and I thought since no MOD (including chohole) took it down, it would at least be o.k. to inform you about it without directly linking, or posting to this thread (a moot point now, right blackjack4494?).

I do hope you MAC users receive a solution SOON (that's soon, not DAZ soon), so you can all play as well, and enjoy both the benefits of, and the tiresome frustrations with Hex. Good luck to you all.

New PC users, you have a temporary and immediate solution, so you have no excuses. Now, go play.

Take care all...
    Ken

edited December 1969

Thanks guys, spose i should have said i was using a mac, you just forget sometimes,lol.
    Glad you guys are sorted, hopefully macs WILL get a fix soon, i still cant even raise a ticket?

edited May 2012

Thanks guys, spose i should have said i was using a mac, you just forget sometimes,lol.
    Glad you guys are sorted, hopefully macs WILL get a fix soon, i still cant even raise a ticket?

Instructions on how to report issues, until the support system is up an running properly again

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

edited December 1969

thanks chohole, didnt notice that

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

The serial number included in the Hexagon Windows version zip file (posted earlier in this thread), indeed does also work for the Mac version currently being offered. I just downloaded it and installed it using that serial number with no problem.

Ignore the fact that the program seems to be asking for a HDZSTND-026-???????-???-???-??????? serial number, it's a mistake in the serial number dialog box.

• edited May 2012

de3an said:
    The serial number included in the Hexagon Windows version zip file (posted earlier in this thread), indeed does also work for the Mac version currently being offered. I just downloaded it and installed it using that serial number with no problem.
    Ignore the fact that the program seems to be asking for a HDZSTND-026-???????-???-???-??????? serial number, it's a mistake in the serial number dialog box.

Ahem...allow me to be the first to say: YOU ROCK!!!

Even though we still have to get our ingredients from a chinese menu, at least now MACs and PCs are all seated at the same table!!

LET'S EAT!! :lol: