log file??

hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

i just got an error that told me to go read the log file... but i can't find the log file... anybody know where it is??

thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

• hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks! silly me! I was looking in the various daz directories!

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

hiker_1 said:
    Thanks! silly me! I was looking in the various daz directories!

On Windows machines you can find it at %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D\studio4\log.txt

• saintpinpinsaintpinpin Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

It was giving me the error to see the log file for more detail I did but need to know how I fix it so it could work.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

What is "it" in this case?

edited December 1969

it is the genesis when i try to open one it don't let me and if i do open one it docent have geometry is in cubes how can I fix this I purchases Photoshop what else I need so the genesis have curves not cubes I,ll be grateful if someone can help me

edited December 1969

I'm so frustrated what I'm doing wrong none of the genesis model have geometry I'm not liking this I sit hours in font of the computer and I can't make it work can someone help me please

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Genesis showing up as 'cubes' implies that it's having trouble finding the Genesis geometry. It's finding the high level figure file okay, but the actual geometry is missing. (Don't panic, it's probably not actually missing, it's just your configuration isn't pointing to it for some reason.)

So... If you have DAZ Install Manager, bring it up. Go to the second tab ('Ready to Install'), and down at the bottom make sure 'Show details' is checked. There should be a label: 'Content Files Install To'.

Now pull up DAZ Studio. Go to the Content Library tab, and up at the top should be an icon with a right-pointing solid arrow and four horizontal lines. Click that. That's a sort of 'context menu' for the tab. Down from there is 'Content Directory Manager'. That'll bring up a new dialog. Use the disclosure arrow (right-pointing arrow) to open up 'DAZ Studio Formats'. Now make sure that the path listed in DAZ Install Manager's 'Content Files Install To' is also in the 'DAZ Studio Formats' list.

If that's not, then add it to DAZ Studio Formats by clicking the DAZ Studio Formats row, then an 'Add' button will appear on the left. Click that and put the path in.

If the path DOES exist in DAZ Studio Formats, then it may have gotten installed wrong.

In DIM (DAZ Install Manager) go to the Installed tab. Search for 'essentials'. There should be at least three, I think. 'Genesis Starter Essentials', 'Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials', 'Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials'. To the right of Genesis Starter Essentials is a right-pointing arrow. Click that, and one of the options will be 'Show Installed Files...' Click that.

In the resultant dialog, at the VERY top should be 'Content (...a path...)'; make sure THAT path is in your DAZ Studio Formats list in DAZ Studio.

Below that top line should be a long list of files. You don't need to focus too much on those files, just quickly scroll through it and see if any _aren't_ marked in blue and underlined. If they aren't, then that means that file is likely missing. Too many of those, and I might suggest uninstalling and re-installing.

I hope this helps. I'd provide screenshots, but this forum software makes those not very helpful. :(

-- Morgan

• majesticcreationsmajesticcreations Posts: 105
    edited October 2014

Im trying to export a daz3d character to fbx, to futher my editing and modelling in 3ds max but i keep getting a error..here is my log file, im trying to upload it but it will not allow me so here.

can anyone help?

+++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.6.3.52 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.6
    OpenSubdiv Version: 2.3.5
    Running on Windows 8.1, Build 9200, No Service Pack Installed
    CPU Information:
    CPU String: AuthenticAMD
    CPU Brand String: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
    Cache Line Size = 64
    L2 Associativity = 8
    Cache Size = 2048
    Model = 2
    Family = 15
    Extended family = 6
    CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
    APIC Physical ID = 2
    Supported CPU Features:
    SSE3 New Instructions
    MONITOR/MWAIT
    x87 FPU On Chip
    Virtual-8086 Mode Enhancement
    Debugging Extensions
    Page Size Extensions
    Time Stamp Counter
    RDMSR and WRMSR Support
    Physical Address Extensions
    Machine Check Exception
    CMPXCHG8B Instruction
    APIC On Chip
    SYSENTER and SYSEXIT
    Memory Type Range Registers
    PTE Global Bit
    Machine Check Architecture
    Conditional Move/Compare Instruction
    Page Attribute Table
    Page Size Extension
    CFLUSH Extension
    MMX Technology
    FXSAVE/FXRSTOR
    SSE Extensions
    SSE2 Extensions
    Hyper-threading Technology
    Physical Memory:
    Total: 11.9 GB (12779483136)
    Avail: 5.2 GB (5659049984)
    Virtual Memory:
    Total: 127.9 TB (140737488224256)
    Avail: 127.9 TB (140737266946048)
    Current Memory Usage: 55%
    Current DateTime:
    Loc: Tue Oct 7 18:57:50 2014
    UTC: Tue Oct 7 22:57:50 2014
    Temp Data:
    Location = C:/Users/Kenneth/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp
    Disk Total: 297.1 GB (319047069696)
    Disk Avail: 77.8 GB (83599118336)
    Locale: en_CA
    No translator found.
    Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Main Street.style
    Creating managers
    Reading help index
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/EXPExporter/ExPExporter.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FBXExporter/FBXExporter.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FigureSetup/FigureSetup.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/JointEditor/JointEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/LayeredImageEditor/LayeredImageEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/Luxus/Luxus.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoader/MorphLoader.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoaderPro/MorphLoaderPro.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/PolygonGroupEditor/PolygonGroupEditor.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/TextureAtlas/TextureAtlas.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/WeightMapBrush/WeightMapBrush.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/inlinehelp.dsx
    Scanning import folders
    Scanning content folders
    Using GLEW 1.9.0
    Supported OpenGL extensions:
    GL_AMDX_debug_output : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_AMD_conservative_depth
    GL_AMD_debug_output
    GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate
    GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend
    GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect
    GL_AMD_name_gen_delete
    GL_AMD_performance_monitor
    GL_AMD_pinned_memory
    GL_AMD_query_buffer_object
    GL_AMD_sample_positions
    GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture
    GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export
    GL_AMD_shader_trace : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_AMD_texture_texture4
    GL_AMD_transform_feedback3_lines_triangles
    GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer
    GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator
    GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index
    GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility
    GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility
    GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays
    GL_ARB_base_instance
    GL_ARB_blend_func_extended
    GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_color_buffer_float

Loaded image FemaleBody03.png

Error occurred while exporting file. See the log file for details.
    Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
    Failed to export file: F:\Dropbox\Video Game Project - Majestic Games\CHARACTERS & AI\Jesus.fbx
    Unhandled exception during operation
    Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
    Failed to export file: F:\Dropbox\Video Game Project - Majestic Games\Zombie Game Project\Characters\Jesus.fbx
    Unhandled exception during operation
    Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0

I've shortened the log file so i think what its saying at the bottom i the basis of my issue

Post edited by majesticcreations on
  • MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

It looks like either the file stored in correctly in RAM or the RAM isn't responding the way Daz Studio expects.

edited December 1969

so what should i do?
    I'm using windows 8 (update 8.1)

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

I'd do a save as of the file to a different location and then quit and reopen Daz Studio with the new file. Not sure if that will force it to a different spot in RAM, but I know I've fixed quite a few problems with a save as. It seems to clean up files and remove unused code.

edited October 2014

ok I'll try that and update the post when i find out

EDIT: as you suggested, I did it but it did not work I'm still getting an error..
    EDIT 2: to be more specific, this error message comes up when im trying to export to fbx, but I can export to obj, or dae file..

I really want to export it to fbx..

Post edited by majesticcreations on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

I cannot view the log (for general check on rendering speed, no problems)

Help> Troubleshooting> View log file.

DAZ 4.7 MAC OS Yosemite
    I've restarted DS and ran repair disk permissions. Still getting the warning. The log for install manager will open.

I could not find another post about this, I hope this problem (and solution) is familiar to someone.
    thx.

log.txt_cannot_be_opened_.png
    416 x 174 - 29K
  • I can't locate my studio 4 .exe file since I removed the shortcut how can I get it back
  • I can't locate my studio 4 .exe file since I removed the shortcut how can I get it back

Mac or Windows?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Default location is C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DazStudio4