any free/cheap flash type game creation apps?

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was looking at Google play and some of the flash type games and though it would not be that hard to use renders to make my own if only one had a game engine to drive it, preferably on Android.
though shockwave flash or java ok too.
was thinking in particular of the various talking animals with touch screen movements
one would only need all the phonemes rendered for the face and a means of accessing the inbuilt text to speech engine with the phonemes used to do a talking animal, and a few tweened body movement renders.
I ofcourse know nothing of scripting and programing but wondered if there was a simple application out there already that does this sort of thing, links images, gifs and videos to user imputted events in a simple language even a noob can understand.
I have no doubt a PAID app exists and unlikely to be very cheap, Adobe flash springs to mind!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,847
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons - Developer Discussions is for DAZ Studio scripting.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons - Developer Discussions is for DAZ Studio scripting.

sorry, I though game development meant game development by any means even 2D renders
  • Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 390
    edited August 2012

"This is a public forum, intended as a gathering place for developers to discuss the projects they're working on and help each other out." I agree, Wendy. There is nothing that even mentions DAZ Studio scripting in the forum description.

As for game creation, you can get The Games Factory 2 relatively cheaply.

For free, I've heard good things about GameSalad (available at http://gamesalad.com/ )

Post edited by Strange Voyager on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

that game salad looks cool from my brief look
    and
    it does android!
    thx, might check it out (on my computer later, on Android now)
    if you try Googling Android games, you get
    wait for it
    lots of Android games!
    not apps for making them! ;-P
    and no, don't worry RH is right? the OLD forum had a game developer section, that forum was more for Daz development

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • edited December 1969

HTML5 should be your preferred technology, as both Microsoft and Apple have (quite surprisingly) practically ditched other technologies (in particular, Adobe Flash)

That's because Adobe has stopped developing and supporting Flash for mobile platforms, encouraging and assisting devs currently using Flash in their mobile apps to transition to other platforms. So, yeah, whatever you choose to do, don't do it in Flash.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    HTML5 should be your preferred technology, as both Microsoft and Apple have (quite surprisingly) practically ditched other technologies (in particular, Adobe Flash)

That's because Adobe has stopped developing and supporting Flash for mobile platforms, encouraging and assisting devs currently using Flash in their mobile apps to transition to other platforms. So, yeah, whatever you choose to do, don't do it in Flash.

Only for web-based stuff, Flash is still fairly well supported for building apps that are run directly on the mobile device. Via web browsers, it never preformed well on any of the mobile devices I tried. I do use it to develop some things for my ios devices, though.

Another option for developing Flash games is Stencyl:

http://www.stencyl.com/

Kinda neat for building stuff that will run on most desktop platforms, ios and (soon) Android and HTML5; it looks pretty good for non-programmers, and it's free (unless you want to put out mobile games professionally).

-- Walt Sterdan

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Sure, Try CopperCube, its free version is not crippleware. Check out my tutorial/demo how to make a 3D flash or HTML5 game with Coppercube here http://www.farmpeeps.com/webgl3d_1.html Follow this to lean how you can make a fun, free game in a evening without coding and using my sample source source example game development walkthrough.