Help needed with Clothing Cleavage Modifier

TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

OK, I've read the read me file that came with this at least a dozen times and still have no idea how to find the morph controls for this, let alone use them. I have DS4 Pro and need some help with this. Does anyone have a link to a good tut or would be able to provide me with the info to get started?
Thanks I would sure appreciate it.
John

Comments

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

You find them in the Shaping Tab under Torso - Universal - Clothing and under Hip - Universal - Clothing.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

I'm using the genesis figure and the genesis supersuit. no category for clothing under torso or hip. Maybe it doesn't work with the supersuit? Oh well. Thank you for your quick response.

edited December 1969

It's supposed to work on Genesis. You dial it in on Genesis and the suit follows.

edited December 1969

Sorry Puntomaus, it's just not working for me. :long:

edited December 1969

It looks like this. I have Genesis selected and this should be in the Shaping tab.

gcm.gif
    460 x 930 - 65K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Are you using the Shaping pane or the Parameters pane? In the latter theya re under Actor>Upper Body>Torso>Universal>Clothing and Actor>Lower Body>Hip>Universal>Clothing. Note that you do need to be using a new Genesis loaded after installing the morphs, or to apply the Genesis from the library to a previously saved Genesis and then undo to reset pose and materials, to get the morphs.

edited December 1969

Thanks. I’m going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the modifier. I’m not getting the “clothing” selection at all yet. If that still hasn’t helped, I’m going to start with a new genesis figure and put a simple shirt and pants on it and see if the “clothing” selection shows up. Then I’ll try redownloading the original file. Then I’ll give up if nothing works, and go on to something more constructive. :-)
    A special thanks to you for spending so much time and effort to help out a D/S noob. BTW I’ve been using a lot of 3D programs through the years (20+ years), and the Genesis figures and morphs have added some amazing tools to my 3D arsenal. Now if I can just learn to use them.
    :)

edited December 1969

Cross posted with you, RH. I'm trying to use them on a pre-morphed figure I saved, not a new one. What you're saying helps a lot, I'll start out with a new figure. Thanks.

edited May 2012

Load and select your pre-morphed figure. Now find the base Genesis in the content library and double-click it. You should be asked what you want to do - choose to apply it to the current figure, not to load a new one. Now hit Undo which will restore the lost posing and materials but will leave the new morphs loaded and ready for use. You could also save a Character preset (a DSF format preset, not one of the "deprecated" script-based presets) which would do the same thing without needing the undo step.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Load and select your pre-morphed figure. Now find the base Genesis in the content library and double-click it. You should be asked what you want to do - choose to apply it to the current figure, not to load a new one. Now hit Undo which will restore the lost posing and materials but will leave the new morphs loaded and ready for use. You could also save a Character preset (a DSF format preset, not one of the "deprecated" script-based presets) which would do the same thing without needing the undo step.

So I've done those things, I can see "Clothing" and the sliders -- but when I move the sliders, nothing changes, either on the Genesis figure or on the clothing. Shouldn't I be seeing something change? Should the change appear on the Genesis figure? Or just the clothing?

Thanks,
    MrWizard1024

edited December 1969

The Genesis figure shouldn't change (or rather, shouldn't change visibly) but the clothing should if it's fitted to the Genesis, and assuming you have one of the female morphs dialled in perhaps (I'm not sure if that matters).