Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Well, thanks to you guys for your continued and enthousiastic support. The 2nd beta is finally ready and it's a huge step forward: from now on I expect only minor changes and so the testing process and all the activity that will lead to the release shoud be smoother and faster.

Does that mean we can expect a release date ... in the foreseeable future ;) Kidding! Take your time, get it right. Ok, that's long enough ... are we there yet? ;)

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

I'd be a fool to declare a release date at this time. Some months ago I kind of "predicted" July... you see how reliable I was :-)

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

You haven't mentioned the year :P

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    You haven't mentioned the year :P

Oh, that obviously is 2014.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Well "I'LL" be bald by then! lol

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Well "I'LL" be bald by then! lol

Don't worry about that. You can design any hair model you like, export it and have these guys, http://www.customwigcompany.com/, create your wig out of it. Solved. LOL

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

Wait a min ......RAMWolf is gonna go bald and AA is gonna take another year to finish LAMH ........mmmmhhhhh,this is how rumors get started, isn't it???

edited December 1969

Hahaha... very funny! *spanks* :P

edited December 1969

Hi Rammi !! Spank huh???ummm trying to remember if I'd like that??? oh well better not ,cause I might .!!

edited December 1969

HAHAHA.... I give a good one too! :P I have a flogger! It's one of those that's really soft on the skin but makes allot of noise! lol

edited December 1969

And why does this not surprise me??!!!Heheheheh

edited December 1969

I don't think many folks are surprised by me any more. I think when I mention though that I'm extremely shy around new people in real life, that's what shocks folks! Yup, it's true. Call me wall flower and leave me in the corner! lol

edited December 1969

What is surpriseing is how many intelligent ,talented people are shy, nothing wrong with that I think unless you let yourself become the wallpaper... then there is the advantage of being a wallflower ......you can learn so much about others ,waiting and watching....

edited December 1969

True that. I was thinking... I would love to learn how to model a flogger and then make it furry using Alex' new program when it hits! lol

edited December 1969

I think I'll just stick to makeing furry critters ,that'll be so cool !!
    I keep trying to use Hexagon ,and I have managed to deform a cube ......not exactly what I was going for but it was entertaining ,and I think I'm safer sticking with modeling in clay ,clay I can get to do what I want ,at least most of the time.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Really looking forward to play with this when it's released. Wonder just how many furry creatures will be posted on the forums then :)

edited December 1969

Lots and Lots of furry critters and furry peoples and furry clothes and rocks and and and..........

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

...furry grass and furry spheres and furry...

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

....and a decent beard that isn't transmapped.

Obviously, I'm excited about this project.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited August 2012

After so many weeks programming, today I took a break and made this pretty lady here. It's only that I forgot to trigger shadows on, but that's it. Used about 100K hair, the standard LAMH shader, mid-high render settings. Photoshopped the eyes (made those green) and added a mild glow around the head. Hope you like it.
    On a side note, I was finally able to code frizz effects for roots and tips independently. That allows to frizz hair so that they look more natural and random.

my_doll.jpg
    638 x 901 - 467K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Looking more and more exciting Alessandro!

edited December 1969

GORGEOUS! :-)

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Looking good! : )

edited December 1969

Looks great AA and since I can't do it ,you have to give yourself a pat on the back for good work!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Want, want, want!

edited August 2012

Now that 1.02B is under testing, I started introducing 3D painting. This screenshot shows how you'll be able to define density and cut maps, i.e. directly painting areas over the model, using alpha mapped brushes.
    No need to build those maps in external applications: everything can be done within LAMH.

paintmaps.png
    1246 x 1104 - 437K
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Wowzer! Lots of awesome renders, this plug in will really take my artwork to the next step, can't wait for this one!

edited August 2012

3D painting is obviously working on each model, regardless it being a figure, a prop, a Studio primitive, an imported .obj...

And what if we could use it not only to define density/cut maps, but also to define hair colors, length and other properties.
    Mmmmhhhhh... sexy...

paintmap2.png
    1248 x 1104 - 515K
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Looks great AA and since I can't do it ,you have to give yourself a pat on the back for good work!!

Thank you!

edited December 1969

HOLY MOLEY! WOW Alex. That's just the best news! Woo HOO!

This discussion has been closed.