pisaacwilliamspisaacwilliams Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, DAZ Team,

I read the EULA and i am confused about this one topic and would like clarification. If i purchase a prop, character, etc.. from the Shop (A DAZ created character for example). Can i render the character out as pictures (not using the exact 3D model) and import those pictures into a game? Maybe i am reading wrong but i am thinking that the Game Developer License is for those who would like to export the character into a 3D Format and Import it as a 3D Character in their game. TIA!


  • barbultbarbult Posts: 11,035
    edited December 1969

    I believe you are reading it correctly. My understanding is that you can use the 2D renders without a game license. That has been discussed several times in threads in these forums. I'm not sure it a search would turn those threads up for you. Search is a little weak still. Maybe a search for the word game would work. You could also call DAZ support and ask, if you want to hear it directly from then, I guess.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    You can use any and all renders freely in games. You can use any and all Animations freely in games, even as sprites or moving objects. You only need a Gamers license if you wish to use the 3D mesh of the object in a 3D game engine.

  • pisaacwilliamspisaacwilliams Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    @barbult @Jaderail Thanks you so much guys!

Sign In or Register to comment.