:: Decrease M4 Polygons?

Rocco1Rocco1 Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in The Commons

I wanted to create an scene with many m4 figures but it takes to long, how could you decrease M4 polygonal count without morphs been affected to much, i wouldnt worry that much to remake the morphs as long as i can decrease the polygonal account as much as i could, im not worry of my M4s loosing some naturality but explain me the process please or if i need another program to acomplish this, the actual model has too many polygons but i still want to morph and render the figure into DAZ.

Thanks.

Post edited by Rocco1 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited August 2012

There is a plugin for DAZ Studio called Decimator, and that is what it is used for. If you type in 'Decimator' in the Store Page search box you should turn it up. I will see if I can find a link for you.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/decimator-for-daz-studio/

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

M4 comes with several levels of detail, see Edit/Geometries/Add Level of Detail and select the file you want at runtime/geometries/dazpeople/blMilMan_m4b_LOD (the number in the file name being the number of polygons: 1K, 2K, 4K or 17000). Then go to the parameters tab, select Mesh Resolution and choose the name of the LoD you want.

It's possible there is a more direct method to get at the LoDs, I've seen a mention of the Power Loader in one of the archived threads, but I never installed that.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yes, as long as you have Power Loader installed (DAZ Studio anyway), on the Power Loader dialog go to Advanced > Mesh Resolution > and select LOD and the LODs you want. E.g.:

201208090911_m4_lod.png
    608 x 470 - 32K
  • Rocco1Rocco1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do have the power loader but i have never seen those levels: M4 LOD

Do they come with another product?

And what u do in the case of V4 or 5?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited August 2012

They should be included in M4 Base (or any of the M4 bundles) file. Reset your M4 Order and reinstall it. V4 also has LOD levels, but Genesis/V5/M5 doesn't. OTOH the latter is significantly lower poly already.

Post edited by ReDave on