Custom animations with Animate 2 ?

sammyd1988sammyd1988 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi All,

Ive had a look around but I cant turn anything up.... Is there a way to make my own animations/movements with animate 2 ? I saw a really good animation on youtube called 'women in red belly dance' or something like that using animations not included with Daz3d.
Is it a case of literally making one frame at a time then reposing the model and so on ? At 30 fps a 3 min video would take an age !

Thanks

Sam

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hi All,

Ive had a look around but I cant turn anything up.... Is there a way to make my own animations/movements with animate 2 ? I saw a really good animation on youtube called 'women in red belly dance' or something like that using animations not included with Daz3d.
    Is it a case of literally making one frame at a time then reposing the model and so on ? At 30 fps a 3 min video would take an age !

Thanks

Sam

yes if you have the full version - you can make your own aniBlock .
    its easy to do .

• flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hi All,

Thanks

Sam

yes if you have the full version - you can make your own aniBlock .
    its easy to do .

It can be done; and yes for some animation moves it can take an age.
    I have posted 2 animations (only 17secs) as a promo for my 'ClassicRock' rocking chair; and whilst you can 'speed' things up by using 'keyframes';.... with complex movements, (as with M5 in the rocking chair), there were a lot of places where I had to do stop-frame, because 'keyframe prediction' got it wrong...the feet would go through the floor etc. etc.
    These 2 animations were my first real attempt at any type of animation; so don't give in...find the tutorials or help files on Animate2...if memory serves me right then you get taken to their site, where they give some procedures etc. ...pick-out what you need...there's a lot.
    Don't get overwhelmed; keep it simple to start with, until you're familiar with the procedures of using 'keyframes' and creating and saving small 'movement' animations as 'aniblocks'...if things go wrong (Ican vouch for this) you can end up in a real mess; then it's best to start again.
    Good Luck...Have Fun!
    flame3D
    and if you're interested in seeing my efforts then go to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovkQzmQvUdU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwafQu84xg4%-P

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

LOL, love the one with M4!!

• flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    LOL, love the one with M4!!

Thanks ReDave;

I actually thought that I had deleted this vid from Youtube, because I didn't include it with the ClassicRock rockingchair product!:-)