How do I import JPGs or PNGs into my scene?

KeiththegamergeekKeiththegamergeek Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in New Users

I bought some PNG explosions from Renderosity, and want to add them into a scene but it's not immediately apparent how to do that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You can either add them in postwork afterwards, or else create a primitive plane and a transmap for the effect (white where the effect is, black elsewhere), then apply the png to the Diffuse channel and the transmap to the opacity channel.

• KeiththegamergeekKeiththegamergeek Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Please advise as to the procedure, I'm grasping at straws trying to make it work.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

If you want to use it in scene in DS.

1. Create a new primitive
    2. Change it to type: plane make size: 10m
    3. Select plane in viewport change x Rotate in parameters to 90
    4 adjust y rotate to make it perpendicular to your camera view
    5 change to surfaces palette
    6 Add your image to Diffuse Colour channel and possibly ambient colour channel
    7 If you have a black and white alpha map to match apply it to opacity strength channel
    7a if you don't have an oppacity/Transpareny map you will need to create one in an image manipulation program
    7b in image editor open png, add a layer of black behind the image. Convert the explosion to grayscale and add brightness till it is all white. White means visible, black means transparent in a transmap. Save as eg Explosion01Trans and apply to opacity strength channel
    8 Render

:)