Eclipse Studios Closes

0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

For your info
This is the email advice I received from Eclipse

Block sender This is not junk
Eclipse Studios Newsletter August 4th, 2012

www.es3d.com

Unique Products and Services for 3D Artists.
Motion Capture for Poser/DAZ and 3D Max biped
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ola Comancheros!
Said this before, but this is the real deal. Hanging up the hat for good on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, at 8:00PM Pacific time.

Me calling it quits really has nothing to do with the site. Business is actually pretty good and improving.
The economy must be getting better. The reason is because after 25 years years of writing screenplays and sending them out,
I finally scored and sold my latest screenplay to a studio for a tidy sum. Not enough to retire on, but enough to
hit the road for a few years and work on my bucket list. Crazy thing is I swore that was the last time
I was going to send one out. It landed on the right desk, at the right time. I signed the paperwork and got the check this morning.
Look for my name in the credits on a Sci-Fi thriller drama in a couple of years.

In all honesty, its not just that. Ive been doing this for a long time and my hearts not in anymore. Its time to move on.
My creative juices have run dry. Its been fun though.

! ! ! ! ! PARTING GIFT SPECIAL ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a parting gift to all those who hung in there with me over the years, I am making all the content on the site available for just $49.00
to my mailing list members. All the Poser and 3D max motion sets, props, sound effects, etc, any and everything for just $49.00.

Just send $49.00 to [email protected] via PayPal and you will be sent a file with all the dowload links for the content on the site.
If you dont have Paypal, simply purchase some items that roughly sum up to $49.00, send an email indicating that you have done so,
and I will send the download links for all.
Offer is good till the shutdown on the 8th. The download server will not be shut down and will be up and running for weeks
to give you plenty of time to download. So why not take advantage of it, a deal like this doesnt happen often.

SITE FOR SALE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After all the years and hard work myself and others I put into creating the site and products, it would be a shame for them
to just dissapear. Given that, I am making Eclipse Studios available for purchase.
Either as an online business,for brokering or added to an existing sites content Eclipse is a excellent opportunity.
for anyone who enjoys this line of work and is looking for a business to invest in.
If interested...
Contact Keith at [email protected]

Thanks and Regards,
Keith
Eclipse Admin

Comments

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Anyone know how to get in touch with Keith / Eclipse Studios?

I paid the $45 to take advantage of this closing deal, but have not gotten any download links and have not gotten any responses to email or phone calls in the last five days.

Thanks

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

I paid 24 hours ago with no response so far - Was not worried until I see you have had no response after FIVE days but more worrying you get no response to phone.
    Is it just unanswered, dead or "he's in a meeting" ?

My thinking is all links will be provided after he closes off on August 8th in one mass emailing - I sincerely hope so.

Big complaint to paypal if not.

edited December 1969

I've purchased a number of items there in the past without any problem, so I'm guessing it's just a time thing, but a quick email reply would certainly go (have gone) a long way to allay any fears.

Phone is just am answering machine -left a message a couple of days ago but didn't hear back.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

if I had known of this site before, I might have bought something, some nice stuff there
    but now you guys got me worried he is grabbing the money and running, no time left to find out if all is okay (deadline today and I am in a bit of a tight financial position anyway)
    hope his opportunity in the big movieworld works out for him
    (and you guys get your models!)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

gee it sounds like those emails you get from nigeria.....
    not that I am saying its is the same

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Keith has taken a little time in the past sending me the links, but usually no more than a day. Happy to see he's had some good fortune. Sorry to see the store closing but maybe he'll sell it and it stays open with more new stuff. Only one new pack that I'm interested in. I have several others already from purchases over the years. Hope you guys get your links. Check your e-mails or let him know. He might be on a spam list with some ISPs. I never got this e-mail and usually I receive them.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Sent Eclipse an email today and I'm (extremely ) happy to say I had a reply with the links ...

Am now busily downloading all this product which it appears is all there as promised - everything shown on site .
    I imagine Keith was busy with his new plans for which I wish him all the best and a thank for this special deal.

Hope some of you took advantage of it despite the slight worries expressed above.

edited December 1969

Glad to hear that.
    I'll send a new email and post back.

• spacebonesspacebones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happy to read this thread. I was waiting for a reply, too - and still got none so far...
    Just hope that my charge with Paypal didn`t go into Nirwana...

edited December 1969

Hey all. Sent another email last night and had download links this morning.
    So no Nirwana or Nigeria or any of that.

edited December 1969

Still waiting for response - no mail, no DL links so far...

To which adress did you send your mails, please? I mailed to both, admin and his Paypal-email...

edited August 2012

I'm thinkin' somebody reported him as a spammer and his e-mails might be getting blocked by your ISP. I always get his e-mails but didn't get this last one. There was a another merchant who used to send me e-mails but they'd always get blocked or sent to spam or even bounce back to him. He'd been blacklisted. Just a suggestion. I don't know if that's what's happening here. I just know I see more and more e-mails from people I've even written back to ending up in spam lately.

I didn't buy anything this time - [email protected] used to work for me

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
    edited August 2012

Hhhmmm - I always received his newsletters correctly, and when I purchased something from his store all e-mail traffic went fine.
    My spam filter shows me all received mails, letting me decide what is spam and what not... I`m afraid, my money transfer had been too late and so he perhaps even was not aware of that... But, if so, the question is what to do?

If you had given me an e-mail adress in your last line, - I cannot see it because there is a message in brackets "Javascript must be enabled to see this e-mail"... very unusual, I guess...

Post edited by spacebones on
    edited August 2012

The DAZ forum now cloaks e-mails. Let's try it this way... losing the spaces admin @ es3d.com

edited December 1969

Thank you for kind help, just in the moment arrive my DL links! YAY! So happy, I wasn`t to late... :)
    (Thanks as well for the info regarding DAZ forum cloaking e-mails! Wasn`t yet aware of this...

Have a great weekend. :)

• ImariImari Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

After reading these posts I wrote a second time to the above email, but still have not had a reply. Is anyone else here still awaiting links?

edited December 1969

Got the links meanwhile. When did you pay for the deal? Was it before 08/08? I think it makes sense to repeat mailing to both adresses, the admin and his paypal mail adress. He may be busy with all the things he has to do now and therefor just frequently looks for his mail.

• iggy88iggy88 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

If Eclipse Studios has in fact closed, it's certainly not apparent on the website. PayPal still processed my close-to-fifty dollar payment to Keith Byrne. No DL link, no nuthin'. What I'm reading here is that he shut down in August of 2012 -- So, nine months later he's still happily accepting payments, but not providing products? Hm. Well, I'm intensely frustrated, to say the least. I'm still a bit foggy about the disabling java in order to receive emails from Eclipse; could someone please explain to me what that is, exactly?

edited May 2013

iggy88 said:
    If Eclipse Studios has in fact closed, it's certainly not apparent on the website. PayPal still processed my close-to-fifty dollar payment to Keith Byrne. No DL link, no nuthin'. What I'm reading here is that he shut down in August of 2012 -- So, nine months later he's still happily accepting payments, but not providing products? Hm. Well, I'm intensely frustrated, to say the least. I'm still a bit foggy about the disabling java in order to receive emails from Eclipse; could someone please explain to me what that is, exactly?

Keith sold it to some of his friends/co-workers.
    They may be slow to respond to payments as Keith was. It was never automated and quick. I believe they are still paying him for some of the packs he created before he sold the store so he may be getting the money directly and fulfilling what comes from him, I don't know. I haven't ordered from them in a while.

Here's an email you can try from an e-mail I received from them in March.

[email protected]

They've been selling bigger motion packs for much more money over at Rendo (to cover the Rendo cut) in the farsunset store. Cheaper if you buy them from the Eclipse site.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the helpful words, Kevin. I've been using the email you listed, but still have yet to hear from anyone. Of course, I'd prefer that it takes them time to respond as opposed to the alternative -- which is receiving nothing. I wish the Posermocaps had more of a variety of dynamic animations, but this doesn't appear to be the case. I also purchased the Aniblock importer for Carrara, but the choices are slim, and again, there seems to be a lack of useful motions for storytelling. Oh well. Thanks again for your help!

edited December 1969

iggy88 said:
    Thanks for the helpful words, Kevin. I've been using the email you listed, but still have yet to hear from anyone. Of course, I'd prefer that it takes them time to respond as opposed to the alternative -- which is receiving nothing. I wish the Posermocaps had more of a variety of dynamic animations, but this doesn't appear to be the case. I also purchased the Aniblock importer for Carrara, but the choices are slim, and again, there seems to be a lack of useful motions for storytelling. Oh well. Thanks again for your help!

You're welcome!
    Here is another one:
    [email protected]

edited December 1969

Wow, thank you yet again, Kevin! If I get any bites, I'll be sure to let you know. Cheers!

edited December 1969

Hey Kevin, thank you so much for the alternate email. The person did respond, and I did receive my DL links. I do feel a bit guilty, because I guess the person who now handles Eclipse Studios was in the hospital for some reason, and I felt like a serious nag. However -- how was I supposed to know? In any event, the transaction is complete, and I certainly appreciate your assistance! Say, you wouldn't know anything about installation problems with VectorStyle 2 and Carrara 8 Pro, would you?! ;-)

• hidalgoserrahidalgoserra Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello there,

just to renew the topic, i have buy a motion pack from eclipse studios, but so far no link to the package, contacted him trough email, phone calls and smoke sign, no trace of the library...
    someone have recently purchased something from them?

Best

• I bought a dance animatiom bundle and never received anything. This is a rip off in my opinion!