Motorbike Viking

GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is the price really $99.95 or is that a misprint???

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/motorbike-viking/

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

It's a freebie for members of the PC. The price is basically to make it unavailable to non-members. Unless somebody wants to pay that much...

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

That's insane!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

That's insane!

They should just throw in a free PC membership if you buy it at that price... :)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,060
    edited December 1969

That's insane!

Well, you could always buy a one-month membership in the PC for $29.95, claim the freebie, and then request a refund of the PC fee -- but I wouldn't advise trying that more than once.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

I think it's the way DAZ has to do it with the new store, they can't limit an item's sales to particular customers, so they have to set the price to change when a particular customer (in this case, a PC member) views it.

It's not insane, and DAZ has already done this three times before (with confusing and complaints each time nonetheless).

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

First time I saw that it really threw me, but then I realized I wasn't logged into the store. Once I logged in, the price changed to $0.

It is a bit disconcerting to someone fairly new to the store though, so I can empathize with those who got all upset when they first saw the $99.95 price.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    They should just throw in a free PC membership if you buy it at that price... :)

On a serious note, does this mean that I ( a non-PC member ) am now allowed to buy any PC items here just as long as I am willing to pay the list price? Paying full price for a $16.95 item is cheaper than the first month membership fee. %-P

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited August 2012

as far as i know everyone has always been able to purchase PC items, it has just been that PC members get them for $1.99 while non-members pay full price. Also if you were paying full price vouchers and gift certificates did apply since all PC items are Daz Originals, but if you were a PC member vouchers could not be applied to the $1.99 PC price.

very few items have been PC exclusives, there have been freebies in the past that were exclusive to PC members, and certain things have only been available to PC members. But most PC $1.99 items have been available to everyone at regular price.

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited August 2012

Love the bike...its not real, and its not steam either as far as can tell - is this a new kind of "retro" theme? I picture Howie Hugh's zooming off into the desert horizon with my fav alternative road tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAP9AF6DCu4 in the background

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

See, this is one of those things that I don't get about how DAZ makes decisions to market stuff... I really like DAZ (despite being really critical of this whole stupid site change ordeal), but for the love of god I can't understand how they do things... for example, if I went through the trouble to make a freebie available to members of the PC club (and by that I mean that if I were the person who made the decision to offer a PC club freebie) then I would be damn sure that people who were not PC members would be aware of what they are missing out on.
    After being borderline on the whether or not to stay a PC member after the new PC restrictions, store problems and credit card confusion... if there was ONE thing that would possibly have swayed me- it might have be knowing WHAT THE HELL THE FREEBIE WAS... actually, I never even knew that there even WAS a freebie for PC member till about a month ago.
    How did I find out? A PC member was asking around about what the freebie was that week...
    Pissed me off, to find out about it after I had quit.
    I know it seems all exclusive to not let the rabble know what they are missing out on, but it is also stupid... if I don't know what I'm missing...Hell, I aint missin' nothin'... right? So why would I join?
    If I knew about the freebie and could of EASILYfound it, I might have remained a PC member... now I won't bother, because the initial fee to join again is too much at the moment.
    Just a Suggestion... DAZ if you want to sell PC club subscriptions this might help:

1)- When the store is working or you guys finally figure out Magento's hellish learning curve, PUT A BIG RED "PLATINUM CLUB EXCLUSIVE MEMBERS ONLY GIFT" tag on the freebie's store page SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE MISSING...

2)- Somewhere have a list, with links or images of the PAST PC FREEBIES, so people will know what they missed... seeing some cool stuff they could have gotten for free, might be a deciding factor...

Just saying "Exclusive monthly freebie" means NOTHING to most people, this is a jaded world and most people will just expect that freebie to be a smelly old pair of socks or some simple useless prop like a paperclip... Most people don't think "OH HOW COOL... MYSTERY OFFER! "
    They think... "Yeah, how crappy is it that they won't tell me what it is".... Its a hard fact, if you are offering something of worth, let it be known or you are wasting money and time.

Look, it won't flood the gates, but it will convince some people of the membership's value.

That having been said, now go and do the opposite. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited August 2012

as far as i know everyone has always been able to purchase PC items, it has just been that PC members get them for $1.99 while non-members pay full price. Also if you were paying full price vouchers and gift certificates did apply since all PC items are Daz Originals, but if you were a PC member vouchers could not be applied to the $1.99 PC price.

very few items have been PC exclusives, there have been freebies in the past that were exclusive to PC members, and certain things have only been available to PC members. But most PC $1.99 items have been available to everyone at regular price.

If I remember correctly, the old store showed the regular Daz Originals with 2 prices posted; $1.99 for PC members and the list price for everyone else. So I thought this was the $1.99 benefit for PC members.

And that everything with the PC watermark were products just for PC members so I never even clicked on them. Didn't know the $1.99 price benefit extended to those items too.
    Hmm . . . in that case, membership might be worth it since I don't have a lot of those stuff, and I don't have any vouchers or gift certificates.

Thanks for the clarification.

Post edited by Graze on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:

If I remember correctly, the old store showed the regular Daz Originals with 2 prices posted; $1.99 for PC members and the list price for everyone else. So I thought this was the $1.99 benefit for PC members.

And that everything with the PC watermark were products just for PC members so I never even clicked on them. Didn't know the $1.99 price benefit extended to those items too.
    Hmm . . . in that case, membership might be worth it since I don't have a lot of those stuff, and I don't have any vouchers or gift certificates.

Thanks for the clarification.

That is incorrect, PC items may be purchased by PC members for $1.99, but non-PC members can buy them at the regular store price. In addition PC members get a percentage discount on all regular Daz Original products (I forget what percent the discount is), PA items are regular price for all

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited August 2012

Hint to marketing ... The $99 "price" on these products _should_ include a first years Platinum Club membership.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    It's a freebie for members of the PC. The price is basically to make it unavailable to non-members. Unless somebody wants to pay that much...

Then there must be freebies for PC members only and other freebies for other (or all) members, as far as I can see:

Summertime Grill

Regular Price: $6.95

Special Price: $0.00

---

Sushi Time One

Regular Price: $14.95

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    riftwitch said:

Then there must be freebies for PC members only and other freebies for other (or all) members, as far as I can see:

Summertime Grill

Regular Price: $6.95

---

Sushi Time One

Regular Price: $14.95

The weekly freebies are available to EVERYONE, not just PC members.

There have been a few items over the years that have been free for PC members, but they used to be listed just for download in the old PC forums.

The MONTHLY PC freebie (that's what the bike is) specifically for PC members is a new benefit that only started in the month of June, so this is only the 3rd one there's been. The first one came out in mid June and was free for PC members till the end of July, as was the second one that came out in early July.

Neither of these items are in the store any longer, and I suspect the bike will disappear at the end of August. Whether they'll reappear in the store again is anyone's guess.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

The MONTHLY PC freebie (that's what the bike is) specifically for PC members is a new benefit that only started in the month of June, so this is only the 3rd one there's been. The first one came out in mid June and was free for PC members till the end of July, as was the second one that came out in early July.

So, am I correct in understanding that when they originally changed the PC benefits there was no mention of a PC club freebie? When I did hear about it I thought I had missed that detail originally.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

So, am I correct in understanding that when they originally changed the PC benefits there was no mention of a PC club freebie? When I did hear about it I thought I had missed that detail originally.

They came up with it later after people complained that nothing new had been added to the program. It's quite possible you quit before they came up with this idea.