50 Years Ago

evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

50 Years ago Sunday, August 5, 1962, one of America's and maybe even the world's best known pop culture icons died. I speak of course of Marilyn Monroe.

I found a morph package, I think it's called Like Marilyn, sometime ago. I recently installed it and have been messing around with it a bit. Since the Sunday was the anniversary of her death, I figured I'd post some of the images I did in remembrance. I had intended to do this on Sunday, but didn't have the time.

If anybody else has any Marilyn Monroe inspired pictures, feel free to add them here, as long as they meet the forum's TOS.

The first image is based on a pose challenge. I'm including the reference image, and then my rendering based upon that image. All my stuff is done in Carrara 7 Pro. and many use some Carrara specific functions. If anybody has any questions I'll be glad to try and answer them.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

the first one looks spot on!
    second image though nice does not quite look like Marylin, a bit like Christina Agulira actually! %-P

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

This image is not based on anything.

MM-evening-gown.jpg
    800 x 600 - 104K
    edited December 1969

the first one looks spot on!
    second image though nice does not quite look like Marylin, a bit like Christina Agulira actually! %-P

The first one is Marilyn! :P

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

oops :red: I thought it was a bloody good render!!
    yes, yours looks good too but I still think she looks like Xtina!

edited December 1969

I couldn't get the lip pucker right, and let me tell you, the hair was horrible! I'm actually not to ashamed of the hair.

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I think you did a good job, I have tried this type of thing myself and I am rubbish at it.............. :coolsmile: