It requires DAZ_Dynamic_sm.zip & Dyn_to_Morphs.zip
Now they are gone.

Anyone has these 2 file backup?

Thanks in advance

Post edited by Sam_16471 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am not certain what files it is you are looking for, but in the main content files files are not allowed to be redistributed by anyone except the original creator.

• Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Dear chohole,

The tutorial was created by ChipChop.
    How could I contact ChipChop?

Thanks in advance

edited December 1969

I have no idea, as the person is not registered as a member here.

That is a very old tutorial, as it refers to using Poser5 or Poser 6

You would probably be better asking if anyone knew of a current tutorial to acheive whtat you are trying to do.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Those files should be attached to the wiki he's trying to follow but the links are dead. I'll alert the web guys. :)

edited December 1969

Those files should be attached to the wiki he’s trying to follow but the links are dead. I’ll alert the web guys

Hoping the tutor read your message...
  • KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Those files should be attached to the wiki he's trying to follow but the links are dead. I'll alert the web guys. :)

We are aware of dead links in the old AZ wiki to both images and files. We are moving and updating tutorials as we can get to them and will be adding them to the new Document Center.

Document Center

If files in a tutorial were provided and hosted elsewhere by an individual, we may not have copies available. These tutorials may not be moved, or will be re-written with current information and files.

Thanks!

Kat
    Documentation Lead

edited December 1969

We are aware of dead links in the old AZ wiki to both images and files. We are moving and updating tutorials as we can get to them and will be adding them to the new Document Center.
    The above 2 files did exist on DAZ3D website. If you checked the link, you see:

documentation.­daz3d.­com/­tutorials/­resources/­DAZ_Dynamic_sm.­zip
    documentation.­daz3d.­com/­tutorials/­resources/­Dyn_to_Morphs.­zip

documentation.­daz3d.­com

Please help.
  • KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Sam Wong said:
    The above 2 files did exist on DAZ3D website. If you checked the link, you see:

documentation.­daz3d.­com/­tutorials/­resources/­DAZ_Dynamic_sm.­zip
    documentation.­daz3d.­com/­tutorials/­resources/­Dyn_to_Morphs.­zip

documentation.­daz3d.­com

Please help.

I have it on today's list. I will see if I can dig up the files so we can re-link them for you. :) I am aware these were on ours, but in general, if files are not hosted by us, we won't be able to 'fix' the AZ docs. :) Just a general FYI.

Thanks!
    Kat

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

lots have asked about dyntomorphs esp on the Carrara forum,
    it is the only way to get pz3 files with Poser cloth sims into Carrara animated.
    I have the py script from the old site still fortunately but it does contain a copyright so only Daz can redistribute it from the old tutorial page.
    unfortunately there does not appear to be anywhere else on the web you can get this script.

edited December 1969

When you move to a new house, will you drop all your good stuffs (family photos, clothes, documents, etc.) and good computer?
    Similarly, when you move to a new website, why would you drop all good tutorials and related files? They are all DAZ3D treasures!

edited December 1969

Any news?

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited August 2012

I have this Python script here:

Link removed by a moderator

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2012

argus1000 said:
    I have this Python script here:

Can you please PM the link to DAZ_KatBriggs, in case she hasn't yet been able to locate the files.

THanks
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

That is a very old tutorial, as it refers to using Poser5 or Poser 6.You would probably be better asking if anyone knew of a current tutorial to acheive whtat you are trying to do.

I have to disagree here. Although the "dyn_to_morphs" Python script was written a few years ago (2005), what it does exactly the same as the Freeze simulation" script does in Daz Studio . It transforms the simulation into morphs so we can export it to Carrara, or Cinema 4D, and it still does it very well. Besides, there is no new alternative.

edited December 1969

Yes ok, it has been accepted that the files in question should have been attached to the tutorial, and DAZ_KatBriggs, who is Documentation lead for Daz3d has statedd in this thread that she is trying to locate the files in order to restore them to the tutorial.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    she is trying to locate the files in order to restore them to the tutorial.

I just PMd her the script now so she can restore it to the tutorial.

edited December 1969

Thankyou.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Still broken, are the files available anywhere?

• Interesting. 3 years later and still no link available....

This discussion has been closed.