Clothing to Match the Pose

edited August 2012 in New Users

Hi

I have been having difficulties with this for awhile,

how do you get the clothing to match the pose

I'm using V4 at the moment, the clothes are fitted to V4 and I have tried all the magnetize options, but the clothes still do not match the pose. Is there some trick on how to do this.

Thankyou
kind regards

Here is an Example: see attachment

Post edited by darkstudios_6334537e08 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

For skirts and dresses in particular, there are usually dials in the Parameters tab to correct the leg poking through. Select the dress in the Scene tab, and have a look in the Parameters tab for movement morphs to stop the leg from poking through. There are sometimes 'sitting' morphs as well.

What clothing is this?

• edited December 1969

Hi

Thankyou for the reply.

This is the ShilohDress, which I believe I found in Renderosity.com

I have tried all the Parameters, that come with the dress, and all the sub parameters. They work well for some simple poses, such as standing, but for more elaborate poses, the dress gets warped trying to match it to the pose.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks again

edited December 1969

There will always be problems with extreme poses with clothing, especially dresses, skirts and cloaks etc. If there are no morphs for posing them, then you would need to try hiding body parts that are poking through, and adapt the pose to hide the worst poke through from the camera.

A better solution would be to use Dynamic clothing which can accomodate extreme poses. You could try the Optitex site for freebies, there are loads of them, and you may get something to work for you. Is the dress listed at Rendo as working in DAZ Studio? If so, you could try dropping the vendor a PM, and asking how to deal with extreme poses?

• edited August 2012

Hi

What would you recommend doing to fix the above image, as you can see it is not a extreme pose, but the dress has no options for correcting this. The hiding body parts does work well, especially with things like Shoes and Boots.

Optitex is great resource, I already have their entire collection.

A couple other tricks I use are changing the camera position slightly to hide the poke through or using a prop or hand to cover the poke through.

Are there any other tricks to the trade I could try.

Post edited by darkstudios_6334537e08 on
    edited December 1969

I forgot to mention that you could use Hexagon, it is free for the moment, and there is a Bridge from DS4 to Hex. Sned you model to Hex, and use the tools there to pull the dress out to where you need it, then sned it back to DS4 and Morph Loader Pro should pop up and invite you to create a morph for it. You will then have a slider in the Parameters tab which you can use inside DS4 to correct the dress pose.

There is a tutorial in the docs section which shows how to create a morph on a character (longer nose), but the principal is the same.

I may be able to find a link, but if you decide to go that way, give it a try, and then you could ask specific questions on the Hexagon Discussion forum?

• edited December 1969

Hi

Thankyou for your advice, I will give Hexagon ago.

:)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

There are handles to move the skirt, if those don't work and youre using DS4 try using smoothing with collosion set to Genesis.
    Dforms are another way to help this sort of thing.

• edited December 1969

Hi

Scorpio your a genius, smoothing works well.

below is a screenshot of the dress after adding smoothing...

Thankyou

fixed.jpg
    280 x 608 - 56K