Actual Facial hair - how resource intensive?

2»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

It's often necessary to reset the order, if the file name has changed that will almost certainly be necessary.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Where does the reset button hide? I don't see it anywhere.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Reset is in the Itemised order history, which is in alphabetical order by product name so this should not be far in.

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you display 50 items on a page, it'll probably be on the first page. I've just reset mine and the same file name comes up, so I can't tell whether it's the new one or not without downloading and installing. Any chance of someone finding out whether the file name has changed?
    (BTW, very impressed with the instant reset - that's definitely an improvement.)

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited May 2012

I have now reseted it and in the download-list it named "14574_ActualFaceHairGen_1.2_trx.exe - PC" but when I try to download it it is the file "14574_ActualFaceHairGen_1.1_trx.exe".... ???? :-/

Post edited by JUJU on
  • MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

It's often necessary to reset the order, if the file name has changed that will almost certainly be necessary.

I have reset my order and it is listed in the available downloads as 1.2 but when I click the download for it, it is read as 1.1 which I downloaded and still the same issue. Something to do with the website itself, still not working 100%. I shall wait awhile more... :D

• MindVision G_D_S_MindVision G_D_S_ Posts: 79
    edited May 2012

*sigh*

Ok..I'll get on it again.
    I do apologize people, I work hard to bring you quality products, this is frustrating for me too :-S

Post edited by MindVision G_D_S_ on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Any update on this?

And can anyone who does have it working answer my original question of how much weight this adds to a scene? :-) Especially (if possible) compared to Blondie9999 or Will Dupre's Genesis beards?

(I'm not interested in other advantages and disadvantages of the various beards. Eventually all three will probably be purchased. it's just a matter of pacing.)

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The update is that things have gotten a little more unhelpful. When I reset the item in my downloads, it resets to v1.2. When I try to download it, I get, "Sorry that item is unavailable. Please contact the seller." And, as usual, we're hearing nothing from anyone who's supposed to be fixing it.
    Doesn't seem much point working out how much weight it adds to a scene until we've got a working version.

• beregarberegar Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

I just bought it but when i try to download it I get following message:

Download is currently unavailable

Sorry, this download is currently unavailable.

Please go to your Account and check your Order Status.

(order status is complete btw...)

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited December 1969

Any update on this?

And can anyone who does have it working answer my original question of how much weight this adds to a scene? :-) Especially (if possible) compared to Blondie9999 or Will Dupre's Genesis beards?

(I'm not interested in other advantages and disadvantages of the various beards. Eventually all three will probably be purchased. it's just a matter of pacing.)

As stated above, the beard works fine for me in DS4.5RC. Download of the new 1.2 version is currently not possible (same error as others get). I have been using it in 4.5 and I do not see any significant impact of the beard on scene performance. It adds 60660 vertices with all parts loaded, but texture maps are small. However, I have a fairly powerful system with 12Gb ram, so your mileage might vary.

I quite like the beard, very nice addition to the toolbox for closeup renders.

Ciao
    TD

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Well I finally downloaded 1.2 last night and checked it out this morning. It works and it looks awesome so a big thank you to MindVision and to DAZ for working your backs off to get the file working. I know that it has not been easy this past week with all the headaches but thank you all. Keep up the good work. :)

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited December 1969

thd777 said:
    I had the same issue until I tried to use the hair in the new DAZ Studio 4.5 release candidate. Using that one, it works as advertised and looks very good. It seems that the hair requires the use of DS 4.5 RC.

Ciao
    TD

Yes, a lot has changed between DS4x and DS4.5. Some things that worked in 4x don't load or work in 4.5 and vice versa.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited December 1969

*sigh*

Ok..I'll get on it again.
    I do apologize people, I work hard to bring you quality products, this is frustrating for me too :-S

Hi, Mindvision G.D.S.: I was trying to get in touch with you, but about the Actual Hair product. Since I don't have an email for you, I just wanted to say that the product looks good but it's all female hair styles. I was hoping you were going to do something like that for male hair styles.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

Post edited by DWG on