"Fit To" parameter missing with downloaded content

Hey guys! I'm relatively new around here, so forgive me if I'm leaving anything out or posted this in the wrong section.

I've been experimenting with Daz Studio 4.6 Pro, and I've found that if I add in any clothing that came with Daz (Magus clothing, etcetera.) and it doesn't automatically fit to the model in my scene, I can go to Parameters > General > Transforms > Misc and use the Fit To option to select the Genesis model. However, with the content I've downloaded from most-digital-creations, the Fit To option isn't there, and I cannot make the clothing fit to my model. Does anybody know how to fix this?

For reference, this is one of the clothing models I've downloaded: Direct download link removed

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

If you look at the clothing in the Scene pane does it have bones, the way that the human figures do, or is it a single item? If the latter it's probably Poser dynamic clothing, assuming you are loading it correctly and not just importing the OBJ file, in which case it won't work in DAZ Studio.

• edited December 1969

No, it hasn't got any bones. Is there any easy way to modify it to work in Daz?

edited December 1969

You could run the transfer utility to make it into a posable figure, but if it's made as dynamic clothing it's probably going to be a skirt or some kind of drapey item and those don't usually work terrible well. Still, it's fairly easy to try - load the figure adn the clothing item, then go to Edit>Figure>Transfer utility, then click Source and select the figure, then click the Target button and seelct the clothes, finally click Accept and try the now rigged item - if it works, go to File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure Prop Asset, put somethign like "Conversions" as author (to remind your self it isn't your own work) and the name of the original set as product, then when you get a prompt for a file save to \People\Genesis\Clothing\Dynamic Conversions\Product or the like.

• edited December 1969

Hm... That. Kind of worked? It now moves along with my figure, but it still doesn't fit.

edited December 1969

Did the clothing line up correctly with the zeroed figure as imported, without moving or adjusting in any way?

• edited December 1969

No. The shape of the clothing modified itself to more or less fit the shape and pose of the model, but it's not properly lined up.

edited December 1969

OK, if the clothing isn't lined up as it loads you need to line it up yourself (if you can, using the transforms and DForms) then export as OBJ, then import that OBJ back into DS and use that to make the rigged version.