Meta Data for Michael 4?

DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have searched for Michael 4 Meta Data but have not found it. I re downloaded but still no Meta Data. I don't see how Victoria 4 and even 3 have Meta Data but not Michael 4.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It just has not been updated yet. They have lot's of files to Update and I think they might be doing them in order of release date. Not sure on that part. Give it some time it will be Updated. I the short term is can still be found in the Poser Formats folder once installed.

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited December 1969

It's been about 2 years. I think a figure as important as Michael 4 should have been updated by now.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

My Michael 4 has Metadata. Several things in Smart Content for him.

edited December 1969

My Michael 4 has a yellow border and when I load him I get a no metadata message.

I've attached the screenshot. I guess it's possible this is for related content... guess I'll have to research exactly what those product codes are referring to.

---------------

Daz Studio 4.6 - 64-bit (latest build; I installed it recently).
    I've already reimported the metadata... and rebuilt the database.
    I've also uninstalled Michael 4 and reinstalled him.

M4_Metadata.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 260K
    edited December 1969

Apologies, but I have just realised that M4 has Metadata in my runtime because I added it myself, also added to a load of his clothing.

I've been so busy making 3D clothing that I completely forgot.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

That is the PowerLoader, the metadata for it is not the same as for Smart Content. You have to download and install the powerloader pack with its associated morph pack. Not all morph packs have a powerloader pack.

edited December 1969

Jestmart: I'm not sure what a "Power Loader" is, nor whether or not it will add the M4 metadata.

Smart content is one of the features that helps differentiate DazStudio from Poser -- the ability to quickly find related content is a powerful incentive to give up the more-advanced dynamic features you can find in Poser (not trying to be rude, but it's a fact; at this time they do it better). That, and Daz's vastly superior integrated shopping cart/installation system.

M4 is still a viable model. I'm just saying that the metadata should be here by now.

-----------------------------

I will look into how to install the data myself, but that's just a temp fix, because doesn't it vanish when the database crashes and I have to re-install the database after it crashes (already had that happen twice this year alone).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The metadata in the message you're seeing is not the metadata that powers the Smart Content pane -- M4 does have Smart Content metadata.

edited December 1969

Thank you!

What does the message mean, though? And why the yellow border and icon in the corner?

edited December 1969

PowerLoader is a DAZ Studio function that assists with the injecting of morphs for figures that use ExP (the system DAZ developed so a figure can add more morph channels as needed). The Powerloader metadata is a script file that the function uses and that little yellow scroll in the corner of M4's .cr2 icon indicates that there is a script associated with that file. PowerLoader appears to see any morph package that has been initialized but without an associated metadata script file doesn't know what to do with them. The yellow border simply means you have selected it (clicked on it at least once and have not click on anything else since). As for Smart Content we will have to agree to disagree. I am cranky old fart that first started using computers in the age of DOS and think "Smart" and anything computer related should not be used in the same sentence.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the clear explanation. I appreciate it.

I'm not a huge fan of the word "Smart" (and I kind of agree with you about how it seems to be an oxymoron in the computer world), but it is a key feature behind my migration to DS from Poser. I have between 2500 - 3000 different products (not files, but products) dating back 12 years or more. So, when I click on M4, and start looking for hair, it's nice to not have to weed through the David and Victoria stuff to find something that will work with him.

edited December 1969

I promise this is the last anti Smart Content rant I make in this thread. The hair example is a prime example of Smart Content's weakness. Most short hair style models can be made to fit most any figure by parenting it to the head and doing a bit of scaling. With Smart Content you are only seeing the hairs tagged for the figure you are using so you are missing out on lot of other hair options.

edited December 1969

If you unselect the figure you will be able to see ALL the hair etc.

edited August 2014

Thank you for the tip about seeing all the hair, but I did already know that (but thanks again for the tip -- maybe someone else who reads this didn't know and it will help them).

And that's just it. I don't want to see all the hair at once. A lot of the hair does not identify who it is for in its name, so that leaves me hunting through it trying to remember who it's for. And as for trying to "make them work" on the model?

Why would I want to spend 30-minutes fiddling with a hairpiece in the hopes that it will fit perfectly, only to create a high-def render where I see a shadow from the skullcap? Or just find that it just doesn't look quite right (hairline is too low or too high)?

Sometimes I don't mind doing this -- but not often. When I'm creating a character that will be used in many renders, it's best to use hair, clothes and props designed for that figure. It saves a LOT of time when posing the figure and minimized problems down the road.

Honestly, without the Smart Content Pane, I might as well just be using the Content Pane -- which is what I have to do about 80% of the time anyway. It's just that it would be nice to have contextual filtering (i.e. smart content) available on all content so I could speed up my workflow.

Post edited by mmitchell_houston on