School's Out! InTime for School Commercial

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
edited September 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

So much of our lives seem to happen in these unattractive brick structures. It seemed only right to subject our digital doppelgangers to the same fate.
Live and on sale!

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/school-s-out-19787

Post edited by AntMan on

Comments

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

more pics. Back of the school, 360 degrees of learning.

pop1.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 3M
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Any bike sheds to have a crafty cigarette in? :)

edited December 1969

It's all coming back to isn't it. It's scary that so many of these schools sort of looked alike.

You have to chain your bike up outside but I am sure you can find a blind spot to grab a smoke.

pop4.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 3M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It's all coming back to isn't it. It's scary that so many of these schools sort of looked alike.

You have to chain your bike up outside but I am sure you can find a blind spot to grab a smoke.

Used to be behind the cricket pavilion in my old school

edited December 1969

I did an add on pack but maybe I'll need to do a smoking spot. The add on was more an end of the world set, but smoking is permitted.

Mainpop.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 3M
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Heh. Now I've got the Alice Cooper song stuck in my head.

My school actually had an officially designated smoking area (the "mall" between the buildings and the sports fields) until 1988. Then it was the "Red Square" until a year or two after I graduated, when smoking was prohibited (for teachers and students)

Of course, as I like to tease my husband, my school had a larger attendance than the population of some (actually many) small towns.

edited December 1969

I probably should have gone with "School's out for Summer" it was just kind of long.
    Above shot here.

pop3.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 4M
  • Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I am really looking forward to this release.

Any chance you'll do a matching interior? If not, I can kit bash.

edited December 1969

no inside, but I know there are a few good ones on the market. Not that It couldn't happen...

edited December 1969

no inside, but I know there are a few good ones on the market. Not that It couldn't happen...

Yeah, I own a couple and have one in mind that'll work with a minimum of fuss if needed. It'll take a little tweaking to match the interior and exterior window treatments, but that more-school-building-across-the-courtyard look is ideal for the view through the window.

Thanks for the fast response!

edited December 1969

No problem and I'm glad you have a work around.

Here is another angle. The four outer brick walls are easy to hide when you need them out of the way. The set is all props but the main building is a single big prop.

pop2.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 3M
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2014

Ooh! Ooh! Any plans on a broken, run-down add-on like the Parkside series? :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

You got the font exactly right on the school sign.

And that tedious Institutional Yellow to make the windows more "cheerful."

It's scarily authentic.

edited December 1969

You know I would love for someone to do an alternate textures set. I could do one and would be happy to do one if the set does OK sales wise. The schools out forever set would be even more creepy with a silent hill style texture set applied.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I did an add on pack but maybe I'll need to do a smoking spot. The add on was more an end of the world set, but smoking is permitted.

Well, smoking iS bad for your health ;)
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Oh, amazingly good... Soon as I've got a regular income, again, this shall be on my list for purchase.

Any chance the title lettering is optional? It'd be great for substituting as Sunnydale High.

edited December 1969

The Letters are a single prop so that they can be removed or hidden. If you have Hexagon you could make a new set for any name.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Good to hear!

I really like the interface for Hexagon, from what I've seen of the tutorials, but everyone seems to say it's no good under Windows 8.

edited December 1969

There are some 3d alphabets out there for free. They could be imported and grouped as a prop. If the sales warrant I could do add on sets that could include a horror bundle, Named and gore. We just have to see.
    Here is another image from the existing ad on I have in testing.

pop1.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 4M
    pop2.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

This set does not come with teachers, books, or teacher's dirty looks.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/school-s-out-19787

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Put it in my cart last night, woke up this morning going, 'WTF are you WAITING for?!?' and bought it. :)

Amusingly enough, I then took my 6-year-old to the bus stop for his first day of 1st grade (and my 3yo to his second day of preschool). So...School's Out is just in time for School's Start!

In my high school, only a few 'tough' kids smoked cigarettes. But there was a smoking area (unofficial, a grassy knoll across the parking lot from the lunchroom) that was always well occupied...they just didn't smoke cigarettes.

-- Morgan

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I bought this and was excited about trying it out... only to find the .duf files are in the Runtime folder, which means they don't show up in DAZ Studio. I was smart enough to make a copy of the Runtime/Libraries/Props/School's Out folder and place it into the Props folder of the DAZ library, so now I have access to the presets.

If anyone else is having trouble finding the DUF files, that's where they are. If you navigate to the School's Out folder in your Poser Formats section of your Content Library, you only are able to see the .pp2 files

Maybe AntFarm will update the files to appear in the DAZ Library :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    I bought this and was excited about trying it out... only to find the .duf files are in the Runtime folder, which means they don't show up in DAZ Studio. I was smart enough to make a copy of the Runtime/Libraries/Props/School's Out folder and place it into the Props folder of the DAZ library, so now I have access to the presets.

If anyone else is having trouble finding the DUF files, that's where they are. If you navigate to the School's Out folder in your Poser Formats section of your Content Library, you only are able to see the .pp2 files

Maybe AntFarm will update the files to appear in the DAZ Library :)

If you load them from the Poser library the .duf's will be used instead.

edited December 1969

It's strange though because I did two folder sets one for DS one for Poser. I'm not sure why there wasn't a DS installer. The PA does not do that end of it the installers are all done in house by DAZ. But it is true if you load from the runtime folder the .duf file will take control for use in DS.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Ah, I did not know that... Sorry about that AntFarm. And you are correct... Sometimes what we send to QA doesn't stay where we put it :)

edited December 1969

Well thanks for the mini tutorial, I need a Librarian to help me make sense of my Runtime/Library most of the time.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

I have a question/problem.
    I'm trying to render the school in DS 4.6. I use the "Full Set" load.
    It looks as if the grass is not loading properly? It doesn't look like the grass in your images.

school.JPG
    785 x 850 - 105K
    Highschool.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 848K
    edited December 1969

Your not going crazy, the set is designed to work with a DS shader. So basically there is a grass plain which is rendering as you have it. You can apply a high displacement of noise to it and get a grass effect but the set is designed with a second grass plain, labeled that. It loads untextured and then any grass shader you have can be added to it. The one used in the promo art is here at DAZ http://www.daz3d.com/grass-shader-for-daz-studio

In poser the effect is done with bump and displacement maps alone.

The description mentions this on the sales page. It would have been wrong to duplicate another PAs product and include it in my package, I hope you understand. I also hope you have a grass shader, but if not the sale will feature them at some point and makes for a great time to pick one up.

Sorry for any confusion or loss of time and energy on your part.

I try my best to deliver products at an affordable price giving you the user as much detail and realism as I can. Sometimes that means relying on other DAZ products for the final results.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited September 2014

Ah, I thought that this was just valid for the plane, and not for the long leaves/blades of the grass, which show like triangles in the front and background. :red: Thanks for explaining.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

OK I see what you are talking about the blades in the front. Let me dig into the files my take me some time. I know the should look like the grass by the entrance. I will update if need be but it may be a trans map not loading.