Free Bryce?!?

MatCreatorMatCreator Posts: 215
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I fell off the planet for a while, but no worries, all is well =)

I'm poking around and wanted to know if Daz still offers Bryce 5.5 for free anymore, and if so, where would one go to get it. I have it already, even 7, but wanted to get someone into the Bryce community... The $20 isn't bad at all, and Studio is still free, I was just wondering...

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No free version of Bryce is available now.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

@MatCreator - good to see you back.

• MatCreatorMatCreator Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, it's good to be back =)

But omg, I've forgotten everything, LOL!!! And there are so many new updates, I'm getting lost. Trying to get back to speed. I don't think Bryce has been updated, but I fell off the planet during the genesis boom, new Daz Studio isn't as friendly so far, a little overwhelming for now but I'll pick up. Exporting direct to Bryce seems to work, which is good, content wi$e, I'll be backed up for a while though =P Poser is crashing on me and I haven't a clue why, I don't even recall the slightest thing about ZBrush anymore and my 3DCoat isn't as I remember (my memory doesn't do much good at this point anyway)...

Even this new Daz3D website is foreign to me, lol....

What about you, what you been up to?!?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

@MatCreator - I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the software. Yes, I also have the feeling Studio gets more and more awkward to use. Luckily, I still have 2.3 and 3 beside 4.6 installed. The bridge to Bryce works most of the time though I usually export as OBJ and import in Bryce because it's more reliable. Bryce has indeed not been touched for 3 years now. And for this new website and forum, I can't say my experience with it left me particularly enthusiastic. You're not alone in this.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah but there are some good points since MatCreator last visited the Bryce forum

You have now got a Bryce addict as moderator. :red: :coolsmirk: