A few problems with Carrara 8.5 PRO, Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female...Can anyone help?

echevarriajjechevarriajj Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Ok, where do I start?....I'm using Genesis for a comic book im making for myself, but I've been having alot of problem's getting anything done, sort of....Genesis 2 didn't give me as much trouble, but still ended up pissing me off (lol), being the reason why I switched back to Genesis 1...Maybe the problem is Carrara? Or maybe its compatibility with those models? Here are my question's:

1-When I dial Genesis' hand pose (to grasp, or make a fist), the finger's only bend about 3/4's of the way (though, that can be altered in the parameter settings), but they bend pretty ugly. The thumb bend's upward's and goes over the index knuckle, its ugly lol When IMPORTING a 2nd or 3rd Genesis model, their hand's bend even worse than the 1st one, which is completely unusable :( Posing each finger manually would be a bit too much lol So basically, what's happening and how can I fix it?

2-Is there any way to decently Decimate any of the Genesis model's? Or any model, for that matter. When adding more than 2 fully morphed & ready Genesis model's into the scene's, editting becomes unbareable. Any solution would be appreciated.

3-Here's an example.....I've got 2 genesis' in a room, both fully clothed & the room is fully furnished (bed, dresser & accessories, rug, and maybe even a pet in the scene), I'm using 2 to 4 light's & the scene & only 1 camera......When I save the scene It saves pretty slow, but when I LOAD the scene, it takes triple the time to load......Is there any way to reduce the size of the scene, and avoid that? I dont mind waiting for saves, but the loading times are ridiculous lol

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to explain everything the best I could....If you need to know anything else, let me know. I appreciate the help.

Comments

• echevarriajjechevarriajj Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Heres some pics of whats happening with the hands

0-Prob2.jpg
    1361 x 619 - 193K
    0-Prob1.jpg
    1346 x 577 - 161K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited August 2014

Do you have Constraints on for your figure? It's the icon next to the Pane Views....eg single view, double, triple, etc that are along the top right of your Assembly window.

That's been my problem with Genesis in the past, weird hand poses being the worst. Not done any G2 yet.

:) Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
    edited August 2014

Hello! Thank's alot for your quick reply! Didn't think anyone would answer, haha!

But yes, Constraint's we're on. Tried it with Constraint's set to "off" as well, but it doesn't help the problem, it actually makes it worse lol :(

Post edited by echevarriajj on
    edited August 2014

OK, instead of using the preset hand poses... rotate the joints individually to make the fist...I do that now as it gives more control. But you need to definitely have constraints on for that.

I think Fenric has a utility that can help with this. Not sure so don't quote me as I haven't bought it.....yet. When the experts wake up you will get a better answer.

http://www.daz3d.com/posing-pack-3

It has a section for Change Rotation command along with other items (edited as I made a mistake...see later post).

Be patient.... there's a lot about Carrara that is very different from DS. I think the original programme was written by an entirely different developer/company so getting DAZ stuff to work in Carrara is a process and will never be an event. But the other features of Carrara are worth the work-arounds for my purposes. It's cheaper than Z-Brush!

Hang in there, someone with better knowledge will post today.

:) SIlene

• arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

I was putting together a Genesis 2 figure in Daz Studio last night and seeing bad posing with using the grasp dials even in that application. It might just be that Genesis 2 (and maybe 1) lacks good combo parameter dials - and not be a Carrara specific issue.

edited December 1969

arcady said:
    I was putting together a Genesis 2 figure in Daz Studio last night and seeing bad posing with using the grasp dials even in that application. It might just be that Genesis 2 (and maybe 1) lacks good combo parameter dials - and not be a Carrara specific issue.

Yes, I do remember seeing similar behavior from Genesis 1 & 2 in Daz Studio as well....Damn, as much as i love Genesis, its nothing but a big frustration for me haha!!

But also, maybe it's a rigging issue? I dont know lol

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    OK, instead of using the preset hand poses... rotate the joints individually to make the fist...I do that now as it gives more control. But you need to definitely have constraints on for that.

I think Fenric has a utility that can help with this. Not sure so don't quote me as I haven't bought it.....yet. When the experts wake up you will get a better answer.

http://www.daz3d.com/posing-pack-3

It has a section for Change Rotation command along with other Replicator and Change Bone Viz (which I do have and that's very useful.)

Be patient.... there's a lot about Carrara that is very different from DS. I think the original programme was written by an entirely different developer/company so getting DAZ stuff to work in Carrara is a process and will never be an event. But the other features of Carrara are worth the work-arounds for my purposes. It's cheaper than Z-Brush!

Hang in there, someone with better knowledge will post today.

:) SIlene

Silene, yes, I completely agree....I choose Carrara over D/S any day. It render's much, MUCH faster for me, and It gives me way better result's.....It just seem's like D/S is more Genesis compatible, which suck's lol

edited December 1969

Okay, yes, it seem's to be a problem with Genesis' bones / rigging.

1-Prob4.jpg
    1332 x 623 - 183K
    1-Prob3.jpg
    1334 x 620 - 211K
    edited August 2014

Have you tried going into Motion and changing from Quatemion to Angles? I don't know if it's only possible with Fenric's plugin or if you can change it arbitrarily. Then rotate the joints individually....just to see if it works. Or have you tried rotating them manually first anyways?

I am not in Carrara right now...might be later, but in the absence of the gurus here... can't hurt to try? If it doesn't work, then we will know. I don't seem to have a problem with Genesis 1. I will try and load a G2 figure and see what happens.

ETA: OK, I just did a Genesis Basic Female figure and then G2 Female and I clicked on the HAND and used the present. I made a FIST (very tight and boxy) and then a GRASP which was softer looking) for each figure. When I checked MOTION, it was on Angles. But I switched it back to Quatemion and it didn't matter!

I am a big user of after-market morphs and have several I have several and use them a lot. I often wondered if it was getting away from the basic rigging with morphs (eg making fingers shorter, etc) that was causing my problems. Dunno. But on stock Genesis and Genesis 2, things were OK with hands.

Don't know if that helps or just creates more questions!

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    Have you tried going into Motion and changing from Quatemion to Angles? I don't know if it's only possible with Fenric's plugin or if you can change it arbitrarily. Then rotate the joints individually....just to see if it works. Or have you tried rotating them manually first anyways?

I am not in Carrara right now...might be later, but in the absence of the gurus here... can't hurt to try? If it doesn't work, then we will know. I don't seem to have a problem with Genesis 1. I will try and load a G2 figure and see what happens.

I will be trying that right now, and ill let you know what happens!.....Thanks alot!!

edited December 1969

Hope it works... now I just found I made a BIG MISTAKE telling you about Fenric's product above for BONE visibility, it's for FIGURE visibility... for that part of the package. If you want BONEs to be invisible you need to get his plug-in direct from his site. Great product, use it all the time.

This is a separate issue from yours...just wanted to set things straight.

http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/products/change-bone-visibility/

Doh?

edited December 1969

SOLVED IT! xD ..... Well, im still not TOO SURE why it was actually happening, but the problem seemed to have been in one of Genesis' bodymorphs that i purchased a while back. I left Genesis' fist "closed" (looking retarded) and UN-dialed every dialed morph on the model.....When i zeroed Genesis' "Stalker Girl" morph, her finger's went back to normal lol

Now I know never to use the Stalker Girl morph for anything LMFAO i'll also be paying more attention to the morph's I use to mold Genesis from now on.

You're help was great though, guys!! Thanks alot!

edited December 1969

OK, that helps me too!

I have way too many morph packages and they don't play nice with Genesis figures, or their clothes when trying to pose!

Sorry for all the trial and error... thanks for bringing it up as I have learned a thing or two and what to avoid.

xx :) Silene