facegen modeler and exporter for use on Genisis

RowlandoRowlando Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in The Commons

RE:I will buy facegen modeler and exporter for use on Genisis, so I can model faces I want and transfer to genisis in DAZ stuido pro 4

I want to be able to use my current cloths on the genisis figures

I have already purchased so much content for gen 3 and 4 figures morphs characters and cloths

This is what I have put in my shopping cart:

1. Gen3 iconic shapes for genisis

2. Gen 4 iconic shapes for genisis

3. Genisis evolution morph bundle

4. V4 and M4 Shapes for genisis ( Do I need this?)

5. Genesis generation x

6. Daz studio 4 auto-fit tool ( FREE)

7. Clothing cleavage modifier.

Have I missed something? and since I have hair, cloths for v3-v4-m2-m3-m4-A3-A4-S3 including body shapes will my body shapes be created with the above sotftware and will cloths fit and be adjustable or is there another plug in that makes the cloths adjustable.

Are all my current cloths that are made to fit other shapes, such as v3 when auto fitted to genisis ONLY fitted to the base v3? and if yes how dose one adjust it is it using genesis generation x?

I know I have asked a lot but those of you whom are using the above software your advice is very useful. cheers Rowlando

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited December 1969

facegen exporter only works on Genesis
    you only need the free version of fg and the $99 exporter for Genesis.
    clothes can only be autofitted to Genesis or the figures they are made for not the other way around
    autofit includes V4, M4 & K4 fitting, as you have, V3, A3, M3 &D3; can be purchased as extra options.
    in otherwords Genesis can wear all the clothes of those figures but those figures can only wear their own clothes.
    hope this is not too confusing

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

I use the trail version of the exporter. All this means is that after every conversion I have to open the head in zbrush and smooth out the logo they imbed on the forehead. Saves you $99, but only if you know how to edit meshes in external 3d apps:)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,853
    edited December 1969

Thread title edited to prevent it from breaking the forum layout.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

You need the Genesis Evolution Morphs bundle if you want to be able to change the body and head shape of Genesis (facegen will also provide a way of changing the head shape, but you need the Evo morphs to do any fine changes afterwards or to morph a face from scratch). However the Genesis Starter bundle is only a couple of dollars more, and includes both the Genesis Evolution Morphs bundle and several other items, so is a better value buy.

You only need the Clothing Cleavage Modifier if you are concerned at how tightly autofitted clothing clings to the breasts (and backside) of Genesis. I'd leave it for a later purchase.

If you only need to fit clothes to Genesis, and not transfer over characters, then all you need is:
    For Gen 4: Autofit
    For Gen 3: Autofit+GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle

If you want to transfer characters and have them look identical, then you also need
    For Gen 4: Generation X+Gen 4 iconic shapes+V4 and M4 Shapes (V4/M4 are needed for Genesis, not for Gen X)
    For Gen 3: Generation X+GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle

Gen 3 character textures cannot be used on Genesis unless first converted to Gen 4 using Texture Converter 2.

When Autofit runs, the clothing is converted to fit to Genesis in any format.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

clothes can only be autofitted to Genesis or the figures they are made for not the other way around

Actually .trx clothes designed for Genesis generally do a pretty good job of fitting to any Generation figure.

• RowlandoRowlando Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great answers thank you just one more question

Thanks DWG you have covered everything inc the issue of textures, I have texture converter 2

I guess I need to work out which is best for pricing and what I can add later, I wonder if rejoining daz platinum club woud make these products cheaper?

cheers Rowlando

• RowlandoRowlando Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DWG based on what you recommend would this look correct for what I need.

1 Genesis Evolution Morphs bundle

2 Gen 3: Autofit+GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle

3 Gen 4: Autofit

4 Gen 4: Generation X+Gen 4 iconic shapes+V4 and M4 Shapes

5.Gen 3: Generation X+GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle

6.Texture Converter 2.

7.V4 and M4 Shapes for genisis (V4/M4 are needed for Genesis)

based on my wanting to be able to fit cloths I have for all gen 3 and gen 4 figures? I hoping my head morphs will be usable on all genisis shapes so I can keep the genisis head morph but have a v3 or A3 for v4 or combination of these body shapes, am I correct in this thought?

thanks so much for helping me clear this up, I don't want to buy stuff I don't need.