Site down???

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Everytime I go directly to www.daz3d.com I get the unhappy alien telling me that the site is down for maintenance. Yet I have a "favorite" that links to the forums and I can obviously sign in and navigate the forums to post this message.

I can also go to the store through the side links.

What's up with the front door being closed but the back doors are wide open???

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Works OK for me. Maybe they fixed it between your post and my reply.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I get the Site Down Alien if I try to 'View New Posts',
    They may be trying to fix somethings or they may be breaking more - who knows anymore.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

Well I have been away for a half hour or so, as a storm moved through. Rebooted and got straight here from my bookmark, straight onto the forum, and new posts came up fine for me. Mind you my FF is set to automatically clear cache on closedown, which does help the caching problems.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Strange. View new posts is working OK for me too. I'm on my iPhone Sarari right now, if that matters.

edited December 1969

I can't access the members forum either now.

edited December 1969

I can't access the members forum either now.

That is also OK for me. I just checked after your post.
  • adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

I get the unhappy alien when clicking on some store items. those i remember > Toon Crab - Motorbike Viking - train Haulage thing

edited December 1969

Try clearing your cache, to see if it is resudual caching issues. We found yesterday evening that for some of us the Alien did hang around a bit after the site came back up.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Try clearing your cache, to see if it is resudual caching issues. We found yesterday evening that for some of us the Alien did hang around a bit after the site came back up.

Tried that didn't work

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The site was taken down for me last night while I was in the middle of forum browsing. Came back up less than an hour later and all the forum windows I'd left open with new posts lists were still working.

Anyone know what was actually done? The official annoucement the other day (that we can't reply to) seemed to suggest a site speed increase was a big part of it. Can't say I've noticed any speed changes recently, the store and forums are still moderately OK most of the time with random sluggish periods.

edited December 1969

Did pretty much the same for me, except the one tab I had tried to open that got the little green alien show up did not want to get rid of the alien, he seemed to like that tab. I had opened that tab form an ebot, and every time I tried closing the tab and opening it again from the ebot I got the alien, but all my other tabs were fine.

A lot of the tings they are working on are behind the scenes, so we may not actually appreciate what it is they are doing, but it is all directed towards getting the site sorted out.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited December 1969

I cleared my IE9 temp files (cache) and the problem went away.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

A couple of us mods had the problem and that's how we fixed it

edited December 1969

I've cleared my Cache and I still get the Alien site down message if I try to View New Posts or go to the members forum.
    If I use Firefox then its ok - I don't like FF, Daz really do seem determined to drive away there customers.
    I've had nothing but problems lately with posting in general and posting images.

edited December 1969

Have you tried Ctrl F5 (Cmd F5 on a Mac) to send the Alien back to his own planet ?

edited December 1969

This seems to have finally sorted itself out - but I couldn't access the Members section all weekend.