Metadata for poser compresed files. Is It possible?

martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have crz, p2z, hrz, ppz items in an external disk. Their directory is in poser format and this is declared in content library. I used "poser format" branch in content library because "daz format" branch doesn't show items, only empty sub-folders. But I want create metadata for this, following "Creating Homebrew Metadata" tutorial, it doesn't work. Then, is it possible create metadata for this items in external disk or not?

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Their directory is in poser format and this is declared in content library. I used "poser format" branch in content library because "daz format" branch doesn't show items, only empty sub-folders.

FWIW, this is how DAZ|Studio has always worked — Poser items and D|S items must be in folders defined as containing Poser or D|S content. Any locations defined as the wrong format will appear to contain only empty folders, as you discovered.

I can't help with the metadata question, I'm afraid, I don't use it.
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Hi Gilikshe

I'd be happy to help you figure out how to do this. If you can see those items in DAZ Studio, then you can create metadata for them. Can you confirm that after you add your externap Poser format content folders to DAZ Studio and select Scan Known Directories for Files or Search Hard Disk, that you see the items in DAZ Studio?

If you can do the above, then which step of the tutorial doesn't work?

Thanks.

I add external runtime to "DAZ Studio Formats", files are not showing in "content library". I add the same external runtime to "Poser Formats" all files are showed. No problem, it is the expected behavior. Next, I go to "Scan Known Directories". When scanning is ended in "Categories/Default/Unassigned" doesn't appear all files. I search carefully the Unassigned folder and only *.p2z compressed files appears, *.crz and *.ppz doesn't. So, I can't reproduce the following steps on the tutorial.

I think "Search Hard Disk" is not appropriate to me, I don't want that all poser folder in the disk are reading, only the folder of interest.

I currently use a clean installation of DS4.5 R3, since DS4.0.3.37 doesn't work more in my machine.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Hi Gilikshe,

Do you own Poser, not sure from your post?

If so, there is an option to uncompress Poser compressed files,ending z, which should solve the issue. If you don't own Poser I am not sure if there is an external program that will uncompress them, WinRAR certainly will not. Maybe someone else knows?

Just another way to approach it.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    Hi Gilikshe,

Do you own Poser, not sure from your post?

If so, there is an option to uncompress Poser compressed files,ending z, which should solve the issue. If you don't own Poser I am not sure if there is an external program that will uncompress them, WinRAR certainly will not. Maybe someone else knows?

Just another way to approach it.

I don't own Poser. I compress my files with gzip, It reduce content size between 25% and 50%. My freebies' collection growth exponentially.

edited August 2012

Already solve!! Steps I apply are slightly different from tutorial, but the information in tutoriaal has been very useful

IDOLA3.jpg
    523 x 510 - 51K
    Post edited by [email protected] on