Product cull (commercial)

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads-up. :-) I will post the information in the German language thread.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

:) Danke

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited July 2014

WOW, I think Skyline Hall was the very first of your products I purchased back in 2006. I also have a couple of others on this list, but I think I'm going to grab the Aquatic Containment Facility.

I already have the Generic Sci-Fi Corridor and Level 19, so this should round the group out nicely. :coolsmile:

Post edited by Miss B on
  • arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

How soon is soon, give or take?

Can we get past another paycheck cycle before we've got to push all these through the cart? :)

• ArkathanArkathan Posts: 65
    edited July 2014

Jungle ruins? Not on par?

I still use that one.
    Much of your old stuff is better than a lot of other people's new stuff out there.

Post edited by Arkathan on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

Arkathan said:
    Jungle ruins? Not on par?

I still use that one.
    Much of your old stuff is better than a lot of other people's new stuff out there.

WORD.

edited December 1969

arcady said:

Can we get past another paycheck cycle before we've got to push all these through the cart? :)

at a guess? ...at least a month.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

:blank: This just is not fair, I just got into this CG stuff, AGHHHHHHHH. lol.

I must ask, why? Do they bill you for the number of items in the store, or are you just looking to not support them any more (for whatever reason)? Is it an incompatibility with making smart-tab metedata work for them?

edited December 1969

:blank: This just is not fair, I just got into this CG stuff, AGHHHHHHHH. lol.

I must ask, why? Do they bill you for the number of items in the store, or are you just looking to not support them any more (for whatever reason)? Is it an incompatibility with making smart-tab metedata work for them?

they're just old models,they've had a good run and don't get many sales now,I also want my storefront to look the best it can possibly be and those older models don't fit the level of quality I'm (hopefully) producing now.
    and no, DAZ don't bill us for the store space.
    I'm also finally getting my name off the older plat club models I did years ago

thanks
    Stefan

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the classy way you handle this: Giving public notice in advance alone is fantastic, but arranging discounted pricing for those who still want to grab the items is above and beyond. I was surprised to see that I didn't have the Aquatic Containment facility, so that's in the cart, but I have the others I wanted. (Mind you, looking at what Urban Sprawl is selling for now and thinking of what I paid for it originally makes my wallet want to sob a bit, but....)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I'm actually very surprised to see Urban Sprawl on that list. I had always envisioned that to be one of your better selling products.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Thank you for the warning!
    :) :) :)

edited December 1969

I'm actually very surprised to see Urban Sprawl on that list. I had always envisioned that to be one of your better selling products.

well it did sell well in it's time..but it's showing it's age now, I think that one came out before DAZ Studio even existed

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up SM :)

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

well it did sell well in it's time..but it's showing it's age now, I think that one came out before DAZ Studio even existed

So are many cities. It just mirrors RL.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited July 2014

I agree maybe the other sets could be retired if you do not feel up to your present standards
    (still better than many other PA's current standards though)
    but
    Urban Sprawl REALLY?????
    it is a great set I use a lot and many new users in future would enjoy
    it imports nicely into iClone too so maybe consider the Reallusion marketplace too and sell ready converted versions of your sets there as well.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

I was interested in some of these... I put urban sprawl in my basket yesterday but today it's back to normal price....:(

edited December 1969

Eva1 said:
    I was interested in some of these... I put urban sprawl in my basket yesterday but today it's back to normal price....:(

It looks like PC+ is over. That means until it starts up again, if ever, PA items are all back to full price.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited July 2014

Greetings,

Eva1 said:
    No, it's normal price was $35.95. It was $6.95 yesterday because the PC+ was still running, and Stonemason was part of it. It's $9.95 today, which is still 72% off its original price.

Edit: Let me help; here's the list, with their original prices, and the discounts. That it doesn't show 'special price' doesn't mean that it isn't a special price right now.

ACF_L20 'Aquatic Containment Facility' - 28.95 (65% off)
    Urban Sprawl - 35.95 (72% off)
    Urban Ruins - 19.95 (50% off)
    The Fortress - 19.95 (50% off)
    Skyline Hall - 22.95 (56% off)
    Ruins of War - 16.95 (41% off)
    Jungle Ruins - 25.95 (61% off)
    Jungle Ruins 2 - 16.95 (41% off)
    One Tree Hill - 14.95 (33% off)

So yes, Urban Sprawl is a massively good deal right now. So are many/all of the rest.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

I didn't see the date that they will no longer available! Will you eventually give that out?
    Thanks!!
    dbb

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

the level of quality I'm (hopefully) producing now.
    nothing "hopefully2 about it as far as I am concerned.
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    the level of quality I'm (hopefully) producing now.
    nothing "hopefully2 about it as far as I am concerned.
    I agree Pete. Stefan (and of course Jack Tomalin) are my favorite environmental/prop vendors in the store. The quality of their work is unquestionable in my estimation.
  • LaughingVulcanLaughingVulcan Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Stonemason,

Picked up a few of them...Thanks for both the price and the 'head's up'!

...And I AGREE with those who praise the beauty of even your 'old' work!
    Even your OLD stuff is damn fantastic! :)

Be well.

Greg

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited July 2014

It's long been known that there is no greater critic than yourself. I still find Urban Sprawl to be one of the best purchases I've made in recent years, and I feel it's well worth the full asking price. It's practically a steal at its sale price, so it's a great opportunity for people to snap it up so they don't miss out on a gem!

Of course, I also own Urban Sprawl 2... and I'll undoubtedly get Urban Sprawl 3 after Stonemason has preened it to perfection. Stoney's latest releases have been absolutely gorgeous, so I'm very interested to see what he'll come up with next!

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

I am with Stefan as I also think Urban Sprawl is looking dated...compared to his latest products that is. But even saying that it still has it's uses. :)

edited July 2014

Szark said:
    I am with Stefan as I also think Urban Sprawl is looking dated...compared to his latest products that is. But even saying that it still has it's uses. :)

It may be technology dated, but the style and use-case is still unmatched.

I grabbed it as I really don't see anything else that can give me backdrops for assorted 'city life' scenes that look like the streets 'regular folks' live on, rather than the ones the chamber of commerce puts in brochures. :)

- Thats great for life shots, super hero scenes, and all kinds of other things that more genre works and 'downtown' works cannot provide.

Post edited by arcady on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

I will start this off that I really do like the RDNA website/store............but I did get a chuckle that in their "Grand-Reopening" email, they have in the main graphic a product that Stonemason is culling because it is too old to be relevant LOL

http://www.daz3d.com/urban-ruins

Yeah...I have a weird sense of humour

Rawn

edited December 1969

arcady said:
    Szark said:

It may be technology dated, but the style and use-case is still unmatched.

I grabbed it as I really don't see anything else that can give me backdrops for assorted 'city life' scenes that look like the streets 'regular folks' live on, rather than the ones the chamber of commerce puts in brochures. :)

- Thats great for life shots, super hero scenes, and all kinds of other things that more genre works and 'downtown' works cannot provide.
    exactly it is still useful.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

arcady said:

at a guess? ...at least a month.

By the way: thank you for giving us time ... at the moment I am broke, but inside the month I am sure I will get the money together for those products I don't have ...

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

I still use many of these from time to time, I got them all, useful stuff.
    And I agree with Szark and Miss B, Stetan and Jack are my top favs for environments.