How to see all morphs applied to DAZ character in the current scene

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi to all
My problem is : I created a character based on Genesis 2 female with many morphs and i saved the scene.
After a month, I load this scene and I would like to reproduce all steps of the creation of this character, i.e,
I would like to know wich morphs was used to create this character, like body, face etc.
There is any way to see a list of all morphs used in this character ?
Thanks so much

Comments

• MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Load the scene, click on the character, look to your left and click on the "shaping" tab, at the top should be something that says (something along the lines of) "currently used" - click on that and it will show all of your current morphs on that character.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

As MegonNoel said, although the position of the tab may vary according to your layout (in my case the tab is on the right side....)

However, the shaping tab "currently used" option may not show all that is used
    I would choose the "currently used" option in the Parameters tab (see images)

tab2.JPG
    562 x 464 - 38K
    tab1.JPG
    567 x 492 - 50K
  • edited July 2014

MegonNoel said:
    Load the scene, click on the character, look to your left and click on the "shaping" tab, at the top should be something that says (something along the lines of) "currently used" - click on that and it will show all of your current morphs on that character.

Thanks so much
    with respect to morphs, ok. but this procedure works when the character applied has a morph dial in the left pane, but when apply a character than does not contain a morph dial, the name of character not appear. i.e. I have a character from SilverCountess named Norma. When I aply this character to genesis 2 female, how can I know that the character applied was Norma from SilverCountess ?
    Thanks
    Post edited by marcelo.email_bc7aba54dd on
  • edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    As MegonNoel said, although the position of the tab may vary according to your layout (in my case the tab is on the right side....)

However, the shaping tab "currently used" option may not show all that is used
    I would choose the "currently used" option in the Parameters tab (see images)

Thanks
    This procedure works when the character applied has a morph dial in the left pane, but when apply a character than does not contain a morph dial, the name of character not appear. i.e. I have a character from SilverCountess named Norma. When I aply this character to genesis 2 female, how can I know that the character applied was Norma from SilverCountess ?
    Thanks
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

I don't have 'Norma' so I can't check, but the description says it has a custom head morph; if that is applied, then you should see that morph in the parameters tab.

However, if it is a 'dialed' preset, then al you will see is the settings of the various morphs/shapes that are used; not the name of the character/model itself....
    Now there might be a little trick to see what character you did use if the preset also applied textures (and you didn't change the textures yourself with those from an other character ....)
    In the surfaces tab, if you move your mouse over the diffuse color tab of one of the materials, you may see the texture path and the name of the texture used...... with luck you can deduct which model it came from ....

tab4.JPG
    541 x 233 - 33K
    tab3.JPG
    555 x 274 - 34K
  • edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    I don't have 'Norma' so I can't check, but the description says it has a custom head morph; if that is applied, then you should see that morph in the parameters tab.

However, if it is a 'dialed' preset, then al you will see is the settings of the various morphs/shapes that are used; not the name of the character/model itself....
    Now there might be a little trick to see what character you did use if the preset also applied textures (and you didn't change the textures yourself with those from an other character ....)
    In the surfaces tab, if you move your mouse over the diffuse color tab of one of the materials, you may see the texture path and the name of the texture used...... with luck you can deduct which model it came from ....

Thanks again
    Understood. But if I aply only body (inj body) without mats the name in texture wont be correspondent to the body applied. There is any option for history of actions made in Daz Studio ?
    My problem is that I created a character and I dont remenber what character are applied to my Genesis 2 female and I want to recreate a new character using the character perviously applied with new morphs.
    Thanks so much
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I know this doesn't help you on this one, but..
    The minute I use a character, I rename it in Scene tab. In other words, instead of Genesis 2, It will be "Gen2GiaCassia" or whatever combination I do.

And also do that with some of the lights- because I might use more than one set. When I save the file, I put the characters and sometimes the lights in the name of the file. I think if you get in that habit, it will help a lot when you go back to try and figure something out. Sorry I can't help on this one, I don't know of a way other than what was mentioned, to get the exact characters/morphs/process noted.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:

Thanks again
    Understood. But if I aply only body (inj body) without mats the name in texture wont be correspondent to the body applied. There is any option for history of actions made in Daz Studio ?
    My problem is that I created a character and I dont remenber what character are applied to my Genesis 2 female and I want to recreate a new character using the character perviously applied with new morphs.
    Thanks so much

When you save your scene, the morphs used by your characters are written in the file .duf.
    You will be able to read your file, and then your morphs, if you do not compress it when saving.
    So :
    1. select your figure and make "file, save as, scene subset" (for intance scene subsets, other saves may work to).
    2. save it in any folder, you just want to read the file after that. BE SURE "compress file is unchecked.
    3. browse to your duf and open it with a file editor (word pad, notepad ++....)
    4. You will find in your big file a part called "modifiers". (search for it in the duf file). And there, there should be your morphs.
    More generally instead of looking at modifier you can look at dsf, you will find all the files used to create your figure.

Good luck, this is not that complex ;)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

The Used group shows only those morphs that are not at their default values. Unfortunately character presets generally set the morphs' defaults to the on value, so they won't show. One option is to note which morphs appear in user, then zero the figure shape (Edit>Figure>Zero>Figure shape) and look at the user group again - the two together should give you all the morphs contributing to the original shape.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

This is smart! I enjoy!

• edited December 1969

The Used group shows only those morphs that are not at their default values. Unfortunately character presets generally set the morphs' defaults to the on value, so they won't show. One option is to note which morphs appear in user, then zero the figure shape (Edit>Figure>Zero>Figure shape) and look at the user group again - the two together should give you all the morphs contributing to the original shape.

Thank you for your attention.
    I am relatively new in Daz Studio.
    Could you tell me how to view the User Group?
    What would be the User Group?
    Thank you very much
    edited December 1969

"Currently Used", as shown in the screenshots in glaseye2's posts.

• edited December 1969

"Currently Used", as shown in the screenshots in glaseye2's posts.

Thanks
    Understood.
    But even if I zero figure shape, the character morph not appear. The morphs used wiil appear only if the morph applied has a morph dial, Otherwise it will not appear.
    Is the case of the morph I used that does not have morph dial.
    There is any documentation about scene subset file structure ?
    Thanks
    edited December 1969

Unless it's a hidden morph (which you could show in the parameter pane option menu - the lined button in the top corner) then there must be one or more morphs used. Of course it may be a collection of the DAZ or other morphs rather than a single named morph.