Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

The Six said:
    I'm reworking all my old super hero toon Bases
    Still a WIP

very slick

edited December 1969

I've been working on a Marvel Now style Captain America from Hickman's current Avengers run. It's been more of a pain than it's had any business being. I started off working from obsolete concept art (http://geekmodeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/capt_mn_2.jpg) and not realizing it. Then I was all like, well I can just delete the shoulder pads and fill in the mesh with zbrush, then I was like, man that topology is ugly. When I started over again I realized that while I was getting the arm design right, some of the panels on the torso also changed between designs (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/82819/2493383-cap_3_edit_561.jpeg). I tried to fudge it and make it work, but I think I'll probably start over one last time.

By the time I get it right, I think Falcon is slated over to take over as Captain America.

now4.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 307K
    now3.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 320K
    now2.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 367K
    now1.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 258K
  • Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I've been working on a Marvel Now style Captain America from Hickman's current Avengers run. It's been more of a pain than it's had any business being. I started off working from obsolete concept art (http://geekmodeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/capt_mn_2.jpg) and not realizing it. Then I was all like, well I can just delete the shoulder pads and fill in the mesh with zbrush, then I was like, man that topology is ugly. When I started over again I realized that while I was getting the arm design right, some of the panels on the torso also changed between designs (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/82819/2493383-cap_3_edit_561.jpeg). I tried to fudge it and make it work, but I think I'll probably start over one last time.

By the time I get it right, I think Falcon is slated over to take over as Captain America.

I'm sure you will make it look great by the time it's done. I love your Zata... er Ms Magic outfit. :-) Not to mention a lot of the other stuff you have done, both pay and freebies. Plus, Captain America is awesome. :-)

edited December 1969

Hm, I like the obsolete concept better... but just barely. Both of them look like good. (I still prefer my all-time favorite Steve Rogers outfit used in the movie http://i.imgur.com/M0lRmZa.png... which I might eventually one day attempt)

But yeah, you're on the right track.

The unfinished suit you came up with already looks great. Is that for M4 or Genesis?

G2M

If I get it finished and up on ShareCG I'll likely include both tops as it wouldn't take much to finish the shoulder pads version.

I like that movie design and the design from the first film as well, (the one with the straps, not the show one or the Avengers one).

I've thought about buying a coat made from the design you posted. But I don't think it'd be as flattering on me as on Captain America: http://www.fjackets.com/buy/Captain-America-Jacket.html

• The SixThe Six Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

good job on cap :)

i'm testing my morph

boster1.jpg
    584 x 961 - 132K
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Another render of an old favorite.

Excellent!!!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

BOOSTER!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Nice work Joe and The Six.

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Everybody's guessing it'll be Falcon in Cap's suit. I'm guessing it'll be Patriot from the Young Avengers.

Oh, nice work on the Cap suit BTW. ;)

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    Joequick said:

Everybody's guessing it'll be Falcon in Cap's suit. I'm guessing it'll be Patriot from the Young Avengers.

Looks like my guess was wrong. Wow. What a surprise.

As an aside, this is weird to me. Falcon was never meant shown as a future sub for Cap. It's not like Robin, who was often seen as filling in Batman's boots when he was older. Falcon was his own guy who just happened to share Cap's book. It'd be like Black Widow becoming Daredevil if something happened to Matt Murdock... Wait... That sounds like an interesting idea. Never mind. Bad analogy. What I meant to say was that Falcon was his own guy with his own "brand". Patriot from Young Avengers was more in Cap's "brand" style, so there would be a measure of "inheriting the superheroic mantle", so to speak. Although, now that I think about it, with their bird motifs, I can see how Falcon is closely analogous to Robin....

Sorry for the ramble. I'll go eat some breakfast now...

edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    SmallFry said:
    Joequick said:

Looks like my guess was wrong. Wow. What a surprise.

As an aside, this is weird to me. Falcon was never meant shown as a future sub for Cap. It's not like Robin, who was often seen as filling in Batman's boots when he was older. Falcon was his own guy who just happened to share Cap's book. It'd be like Black Widow becoming Daredevil if something happened to Matt Murdock... Wait... That sounds like an interesting idea. Never mind. Bad analogy. What I meant to say was that Falcon was his own guy with his own "brand". Patriot from Young Avengers was more in Cap's "brand" style, so there would be a measure of "inheriting the superheroic mantle", so to speak. Although, now that I think about it, with their bird motifs, I can see how Falcon is closely analogous to Robin....

Sorry for the ramble. I'll go eat some breakfast now...

I'm apprehensive, but if it leads to good stories. I tend to follow the writers anyway, I stopped reading Cap when Brubaker moved on, and I'll probably follow Hickman to his next title.

edited December 1969

Making Thor into a Female is absolutely ridiculous. I won't buy Captain Marvel because of that change. Sorry, your born with certain equipment ... well we humans don't have the luxury of changing sexes when it suits us! LORD HAVE MERCY!

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

My main problem with it (and in all fairness, I haven't collected or read comics in years, so Marvel has no reason to care about my opinion) is that it feels a little desperate. They do this every five or ten years; shake up the status quo by changing who's wearing what costume. The problem is... stories are driven by the characters. If you can't write good stories about the existing characters, can you really write good stories about brand new characters? (For Falcon, obviously, this doesn't quite apply, since he's not a new character; but this presents its own issues, as noted above: He's his own guy, why does Marvel think he needs to step into another hero's costume?)

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Heh, shows how old I am.. for a minute I thought you guys were talking about Marvel's Super-Patriot, a character created in the 80's to give the government a replacement when Steve quit and became U.S. Agent.. then when he came back because Super-Patriot was going crazy, Super-Patriot snapped up the U.S. Agent persona..

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited July 2014

Hay joe! The cap looks great so far. I saw your new batgirl up and I just wanted to let now know it loads just fine into Poser 2014

Test.jpg
    287 x 752 - 40K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited July 2014

Finally had some extra cash to get Terrymcg's Wonder Women out fits. Now time to play some!!

WW.jpg
    845 x 788 - 118K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

love the battle skirt.

• leroysquableroysquab Posts: 101
    edited July 2014

Great looking morph, Six and it worked very well on Booster.
    I really like how Cap is turning out, Joe. Looking very good.

Flash Rogues Go Bananas!
    Flash is Genesis2 in Smay's Superhero Suit. Mirror Master is wearing M4 bodysuit, Hardcore boots and Joe Quick's Nadino Mask. Captains Cold and Boomerang wearing outfits I made (except Evilson Boots), Heatwave's suit is also mine (except Action Kicker Boots and Hypersuit Gloves) as is Trickster's (except Puck pants and shoes). Also used: Digital Curlz and Wild Mane hair, Silverkey 3D Monkey and Woodland Playset. All other set, wardrobe and prop pieces are my own.

flash2.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 605K
    Post edited by leroysquab on
    edited December 1969

Totally awesome, nice to see the rouge gallery together in 3D land! lol

edited July 2014

first texture done :D

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Great job with the Rogues, Leroy!

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

not a hero

Red-Skull-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 204K
  • leroysquableroysquab Posts: 101
    edited July 2014

Thank you so much, RAMwolff and Morgan! Glad you enjoyed it!

not a hero

Excellent job on Red Skull, X! Hail Hydra!

Post edited by leroysquab on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much, RAMwolff and Morgan!

not a hero

Excellent job on Red Skull, X! Hail Hydra!

its joe quicks morph

• PGandaraPGandara Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

the new Batgirl

Batgirl_resize.jpg
    1500 x 1531 - 385K
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 1969

the new Batgirl

Very nice render. I like the lighting very much.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I love the new look of bat-girl, Great render

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,986
    edited December 1969

I always prefer to work with my original heroes...so....power!

heroPower2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 259K
    edited December 1969

Finish the texture of the 2 basic morph "man&woman;"
    and restart working on something else
    Etrigan

etrigan.jpg
    546 x 900 - 215K
    girl1.jpg
    1000 x 1647 - 545K
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

The Six said:
    Finish the texture of the 2 basic morph "man&woman;"
    and restart working on something else
    Etrigan

Ooooh! Etrigan! Awesome. He's looking pretty cool so far. A couple minor suggestions: Maybe make his head a bit bigger and his torso a bit shorter?
This discussion has been closed.