Morphable Cloth?

H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I recently bought the Soft Sheets bundle over at Rendo, and in my squeal induced haste to buy them I didn't notice the part in the description that says "NOT compatible with Daz". My bad!

So does anyone know of anything like those sheets that would work in Daz. I especially need them to have morphs that would allow them to look like they are blowing in the wind. I did find this but I'm not sure it's the same thing.

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Optitex Dynamic sheets is what I would have suggested.
    Or
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/controllable-dynamic-shapes/
    Do you have the Dynamic Clothing control for wind effects?

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

I don't have the Dynamic Clothing Control, and at $49.95 I'm not likely to be buying it anytime soon either, lol. I take it the Dynamic Sheets won't look like wind is blowing on them without the DCC.

I do have a dynamic cloth plugin (basic) listed in my plugins, if that's of any use.

edited December 1969

The basic one doesn't have wind, I am afraid.
    I bought the Control when it was on sale ...

edited December 1969

Oh well, I'll just have to go without the drapes for my images then. Not a problem. Thank you very much for your help, Karya :-)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited August 2012
    Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

That sounds great! I hope you can track it down.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

maybe you can even pick up an earlier version of Poser at that price!
    there was a sale on Poser8 on Amazon I think earlier this year,
    (I thought about it, have P7)
    Smithmicro is always having sales too.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

That sounds great! I hope you can track it down.

I think those are my all morphing sheets for DS. So, download ahoy.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much, Skiriki! You're an absolute gem :cheese:

@ wendy catz - Thank you very much for the suggestion, but I prefer to render in Luxrender via the Reality plugin at the moment. I'll maybe look into Poser at a later date though.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

lol! I do not render in Poser either!
    using dyntomorph python script you can open the Poser scene animated in Carrara/ or Daz studio 3 but not sure if they have fixed that yet in DS4
    (I actually filed a bug report but them never bothered with trying it again)
    looking through my Gmails after posting found Smithmicro had P9 for $69 for 3 days last month, (thing Poserpro was about $150 too) so keep an eye out for sales
    again, I prefer my Carrara so happy with P7 for my needs.
    they do have Pose to Lux btw too.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info, wendy catz! I had no idea that something was available for rendering in Lux via Poser. Is it a plugin like Reality? This is the first I'm hearing about it, otherwise I'd have given more consideration to buying Poser before now. Especially considering some vendors over at Rendo don't cater to Daz Studio at all, which makes it so I'm missing out on some good content.

Maybe I'll see if they're having a sale on Poser at Christmas time, and treat myself :cheese:

I think I'll have a wander over to the Smith Micro site and see if there's a nice chart or something explaining what the differences are between the standard and pro editions.

edited December 1969

It's called Pose2Lux and it is free
    http://www.pose2lux.com/

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the link, Kerya. Have you or anyone else tried both Reality and Pose2Lux? I'm very interested in how the two compare.

edited December 1969

Sorry - no, I just know about it.