DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

'K, thanks :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

CMS just stands for Content Management Service, it does not mean Valentina or PoserSQL. It just stands for whichever Database service you have installed and running at the time now. The Valentina version did call itself the CMS in services but it now just stands for the DB system currently working on the Daz Studio boot screen.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thanks, that's what I wasn't sure about.

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Hi! I need some help. I dloaded 4.6 pro 3.52 but when I looked in the log it says Connect to CMS 4.8 and this means it the Valentine. How do I get the PostgreSQL CMS?. To get the new version of Studio I went to product library went to dazStudio and dloaded with the DIM but it's still the old CMS. Can someone tell me how to get PostgreSQL CMS?

Thank you,

Kalazar

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

Kalazar said:
    Hi! I need some help. I dloaded 4.6 pro 3.52 but when I looked in the log it says Connect to CMS 4.8 and this means it the Valentine. How do I get the PostgreSQL CMS?. To get the new version of Studio I went to product library went to dazStudio and dloaded with the DIM but it's still the old CMS. Can someone tell me how to get PostgreSQL CMS?

Thank you,

Kalazar

Just enter Postgre in the search box in DIM and you can then select it and install it.

There are two version to install, a 32-bit and a 64-bit version, pick one and the PostgreSQL CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion file.

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

nDelphi,

YEA, That worked. Thank you very much.

Kalazar

• IndigoneIndigone Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

I have a problem. Well, it may be two separate problems.

I have both Daz Studio and Daz Studio Beta on my new computer I've been using the Beta, but it is version 4.6.2.106. DIM shows it as being installed, so it won't let me download an updated version.

I'd be fine with using the general release, but none of my content shows up like it does in the beta. I tried "reinstalling meta data" but I still show no data. So being an obvious dabbler, i downloaded the postgresql thingie and installed it with still nothing showing up.

How do I 1) get the most current version of the data, and 2) get the general release to see my content?

Thanks..

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Indigone said:

I have both Daz Studio and Daz Studio Beta on my new computer I've been using the Beta, but it is version 4.6.2.106. DIM shows it as being installed, so it won't let me download an updated version.

I'd be fine with using the general release, but none of my content shows up like it does in the beta. I tried "reinstalling meta data" but I still show no data. So being an obvious dabbler, i downloaded the postgresql thingie and installed it with still nothing showing up.

How do I 1) get the most current version of the data, and 2) get the general release to see my content?

Thanks..

After installing PostgreSQL CMS, are you able to re-import metadata?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Indigone said:
    I'd be fine with using the general release, but none of my content shows up like it does in the beta.

If your "current version" installation isn't seeing your content, but the beta is, most likely the Content Directory Manager was never properly pointed to the existing installed content. This should happen automatically when you install a new version of D|S, but Weird Stuff™ sometimes happens.

Go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library and click on the Content Directory Manager button at the bottom, then open the two categories for "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" — these are the content locations D|S knows to look at. Check the same thing in the beta; if they don't match, that's your problem. Edit the settings to match the ones in the beta, and you should see the same content in both installations. (Note that this might not happen right away until you quit then re-start D|S.)

edited December 1969

Indigone said:
    I'd be fine with using the general release, but none of my content shows up like it does in the beta.

If your "current version" installation isn't seeing your content, but the beta is, most likely the Content Directory Manager was never properly pointed to the existing installed content. This should happen automatically when you install a new version of D|S, but Weird Stuff™ sometimes happens.

Go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library and click on the Content Directory Manager button at the bottom, then open the two categories for "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" — these are the content locations D|S knows to look at. Check the same thing in the beta; if they don't match, that's your problem. Edit the settings to match the ones in the beta, and you should see the same content in both installations. (Note that this might not happen right away until you quit then re-start D|S.)

The settings are identical.

edited December 1969

Indigone said:

Thanks..

After installing PostgreSQL CMS, are you able to re-import metadata?

I can go through the motions, but nothing shows up in my Smart Content tab. When I do it, I get a screen with all the content I have installed with check marks, I say ok, and it does something, but nothing is in my Smart Content tab.

edited December 1969

Does the DS log file say "Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL" or "Connected to CMS: 4.8"?

edited December 1969

Does the DS log file say "Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL" or "Connected to CMS: 4.8"?

Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit

edited December 1969

How long does it run when you click okay on the re-import metadata screen?

edited July 2014

How long does it run when you click okay on the re-import metadata screen?

About a half a second.

Edit: I should add, I can see all my content in the content library, just not in the smart content tab.

Post edited by Indigone on
    edited December 1969

Does the Content Library pane show the "Products" and "Categories" sections?

edited December 1969

No.

Now I don't see a connected to: line in the log file. Now I see : Error connecting to CMS.

Good grief, I give up. I uninstalled the 4.6 beta to see if I could reinstall the current version because the beta DID show my smart content, and I can't reinstall it now.

So I'm stuck with the released version which will NOT show the content. Why so complicated?

edited December 1969

Indigone said:

No.

Now I don't see a connected to: line in the log file. Now I see : Error connecting to CMS.

Good grief, I give up. I uninstalled the 4.6 beta to see if I could reinstall the current version because the beta DID show my smart content, and I can't reinstall it now.

So I'm stuck with the released version which will NOT show the content. Why so complicated?

Ahh... I uninstalled the PostgreSQL and it's all there. Not sure why, don't care. :) Thanks so much for trying fixmypcmike.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I don't have time to read 30 pages.. I'm trying to install the PostgreSQL CMS, I click on the green download and install button in my product library and the install manager opens and this is what I get... I would love to be able to use this, the old one only works for me the first time I run DS after I've rebooted my computer.

InstallManager.jpg
    676 x 698 - 86K
    edited July 2014

Here you go, Fisty:

Just enter Postgre in the search box in DIM and you can then select it and install it.

There are two version to install, a 32-bit and a 64-bit version, pick one and the PostgreSQL CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion file.

I posted this here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/635097/

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Here you go, Fisty:

I posted this here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/635097/

Thanks for the attempt at assistance, unfortunately it doesn't work. Interestingly, I also cannot see DS4.6 in list nor does clicking on the green button in product library work for it either. Thankfully that I can download and install DS normally. I can use the install manager for regular content just fine, it shows all my other purchases, I just installed 3 new things this morning.

InstallManager3.jpg
    675 x 696 - 94K
    InstallManager2.jpg
    674 x 695 - 89K
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:

Thanks for the attempt at assistance, unfortunately it doesn't work. Interestingly, I also cannot see DS4.6 in list nor does clicking on the green button in product library work for it either.

Yikes, that is definitely more than just not being able to find a certain product.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Do you have it hidden or filtered out?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Sorry, I don't have time to read 30 pages.. I'm trying to install the PostgreSQL CMS, I click on the green download and install button in my product library and the install manager opens and this is what I get... I would love to be able to use this, the old one only works for me the first time I run DS after I've rebooted my computer.

Make sure Software is checked in Download Filters

Filter.JPG
    569 x 536 - 51K
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Make sure Software is checked in Download Filters

Yay that worked! Thanks!

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

I'm using 4.6.1.39 Pro. Is there a pressing need to upgrade?

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited July 2014

Thnx for the reply -- though my question may be moot since I don't seem to be able to DL the latest version (following the links) anyway.:-S

Post edited by Elowan on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2014

Elowan said:
    Thnx for the reply -- though my question may be moot since I don't seem to be able to DL the latest version (following the links) anyway.:-S

you need to get it from the Daz Install Manager, I'd post a screen shot but mine is in an endless spiral when I try and update and I need to open a support ticket. I think this happens when you try and update and you miss an update in between which has happened to me before, but look in there.

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

StratDragon:
    If you are in trouble with DIM - delete the DIM folders by hand, download and install manually from here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_14811
    Select Mac or Win (ignore Postgre for the moment and install it later with DIM)
    This worked for me, when the DIM inbuilt update failed totally.