content management

EmmettturnerEmmettturner Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

i downloaded user created content and i do not know how to get it into the daz directory so i can use it how do i do that

Comments

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I assume it's in a zip file?

If you go into the zip file, there will either be a "my libraries" folder or a "runtime" folder. Just drag those files into the folder containing your My libraries or Runtime folders.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not quite, the Runtime needs to be MERGED with the default Runtime inside My Library. If you do that it will add the content. You can not have one Runtime inside another Runtime, DS will only read the top one and ignore the one inside the other one.

• EmmettturnerEmmettturner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Not quite, the Runtime needs to be MERGED with the default Runtime inside My Library. If you do that it will add the content. You can not have one Runtime inside another Runtime, DS will only read the top one and ignore the one inside the other one.
    i have the location of the directory pinned to my comp when i unzip the files i unzip them to the desktop then transfer and merge the files, but some of the items refuse to show up
  • EmmettturnerEmmettturner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    i have the location of the directory pinned to my comp when i unzip the files i unzip them to the desktop then transfer and merge the files, but some of the items refuse to show upheres a example of what im having problems getting to run http://www.sharecg.com/v/60194/related/21/DAZ-Studio/The-Pin-Up-Girl-Pack-for-Genesis
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    i have the location of the directory pinned to my comp when i unzip the files i unzip them to the desktop then transfer and merge the files, but some of the items refuse to show up

Hi, if you have installed it and merged the folders then you will need to go to the content tab and search known drives for new files. You should be able to find them after doing this.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

If you have DS open when you move new data to the library/runtime folders it won't show up untill you do a refresh or restart DAZ. To do a refresh you can right click on the 'DAZ Studio Formats' and/or "Poser Formats" in the content tab and select 'refresh.'

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Depending on your DS version that set is just morhps and will only show in the Shaping Tab or Parameters Tab when you have a genesis Selected in your Scene Tab. It does say in the info that the extra characters will only work if you have the other DS morphs installed. It does not say which packs, so who knows if they, the characters, will work or not.

EDIT: I looked at the files, if installed properly you should have about 10 new morphs and two characters, one Pin-up and one cartoon version of the pin-up. The file structure is correct. Did you Megre the Data folder with Your Data folder? ect ect ect... You can not have a My Library folder inside another My Library folder.

Post edited by Jaderail on