Tutorial on Waterfalls

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Anyone know a good tutorial about making waterfalls in Bryce?

Amy

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

www.robinwood.com. Try here as well, lots of other good stuff, for not just new brycers as well.

Cheers
    GG

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

There's one at Renderosity's Bryce tutorials page that uses Bryce and Photoshop. It is not a video, and there is a lot involved. I checked it out but got confused about a quarter of the way in; however, if you can follow what is going on, you might understand it better than I could.
    Hope this helps.

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Anyone know a good tutorial about making waterfalls in Bryce?

Amy

Sure, I am hosting the waterfall tutorial by Richard VanLippe on my website,
    VanLippe's Waterfall tut

plus a section on editing the 2nd terrain in Bryce:
    Editing the Terrain

with some additional material where animating the waterfal is explained:
    Animating the Waterfall

In my opinion this is one of the best tutorials for making waterfalls - which is why I'm hosting it now that VanLippe's website has gone.

edited December 1969

Ah Fran, you don't happen to be hosting some of his mats as well do you? Specifically his mist volume mats, which I lost when one of my external HDs stopped working.

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ah Fran, you don't happen to be hosting some of his mats as well do you? Specifically his mist volume mats, which I lost when one of my external HDs stopped working.

I don't know. I do have a 'vanlippe.mat' on the C drive inside Bryce... however I am waiting on a very long render - using one of David Brinnen's loopy, cubey objects plus a lot of glass, shiny bumpy metal, lights and reflection...
    arrrggghhhh! So I can't look, maybe not until tomorrow sometime.
    Husband is having a knee op tomorrow, so it might not be until the evening until I can look.
    But I will look when I can.

edited December 1969

No rush, have been without it for a while, but was a super set of mats.

I may still have it on the old PC, one of these days I will couple that up to a monitor keyboard and screen and check.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Gosh! it's been more than a year since i got anything from this thread! Nice to see it is still up! Will look into the info Fran! Thanks!