Star Trek Builders Unite 5 : Where no pixel has gone before

Comments

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    They recycled some of the pilot's tunics for women as well, I believe.

How many of us use Daz Studio vs Poser? I was thinking of trying to make some star trek texture maps for the freebies OptiTex has for V4 and M4.

Studio user primarily. DS3 by preference, since I hate the Poser and DS4 interfaces.

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited June 2014

tim g

i use poser , ant trek inspired textures for the mill gen 4 figures would be welcome

Post edited by bluto on
  • Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited June 2014

Textures for FM Jeans for Genesis and Leather Jacket for Genesis. Download from my deviantart page here

Mirror_TPol_Wardrobe_Malfunction_Recovery.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Arcane Von Oblivion on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    How many of us use Daz Studio vs Poser?

Poser Pro 2014. From time to time, I try again to do something useful with D|S, and always go back to Poser ;).

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    TimG said:

How many of us use Daz Studio vs Poser? I was thinking of trying to make some star trek texture maps for the freebies OptiTex has for V4 and M4.

Studio user primarily. DS3 by preference, since I hate the Poser and DS4 interfaces.I hate the DS 4 interface as well but I'm running DS 4.6.3.52 I configured it to look almost like DS3A but a lot more powerful. It is a fully configurable interface. That Said I keep DS3A installed for Plugins not supported in DS4.5+ at this time.

• rschulterschulte Posts: 481
    edited July 2014

Reactivated my old Star Trek Online accounts to see whats new...

1) Here's the Star Trek Online Lifetime Veteran Combadge (for those who pay for a lifetime subscription) done in Poser using primitives. It's a great badge for Admirals and dress whites.

2) Secondly an STO Klingon Combadge in progress, will be doing the Klingon rank pins too. will be like my last STO Combadge Rankpin freebie.

I'm hoping to be releasing them as freebies later.

Feedback welcomed...let me know what you think.

Russ

STO_Klingon_Combadge.png
    938 x 898 - 69K
    STOVeteranCombadge.png
    938 x 898 - 237K
    Post edited by rschulte on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

DazStudio!

I have PP12 for now and then use.

If anybody missed it, V6 is free for a couple more days.

And I've gotta say something. No, I do not like all these uniforms ... most of them, but not all. Honestly, would you guys wear half the crap you put on the females? Pants down to your loins, and skirts up to the yingyang, I don't think so. Try sitting a long time on a nice leather office chair [like one might have on a bridge] ... or a cheap plastic whatever like one might have in the rec room ... and stand up. After you have finished peeling your skin off the chair, and wondering how long it will take for that nasty red mark to go away, I'm looking forward to some more practical, still can be sexy as all whatever, realistic space uniforms, ty.

btw - if anybody has D/S and Garibaldi, there's a pom tail for the bar girls over in my DA Gallery.

edited December 1969

DazStudio!

And I've gotta say something. No, I do not like all these uniforms ... most of them, but not all. Honestly, would you guys wear half the crap you put on the females? Pants down to your loins, and skirts up to the yingyang, I don't think so. Try sitting a long time on a nice leather office chair [like one might have on a bridge] ... or a cheap plastic whatever like one might have in the rec room ... and stand up. After you have finished peeling your skin off the chair, and wondering how long it will take for that nasty red mark to go away, I'm looking forward to some more practical, still can be sexy as all whatever, realistic space uniforms, ty.

Would you please indicate. Which ones you hate and which ones you like. If I'm on the hate list I hope to correct that.

Thanks!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I keep DS3A installed for Plugins not supported in DS4.5+ at this time.

I did the same thing and now I cannot remember why I have DS3 installed.

To answer Tim, DS46 user only.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969
    JT_TPAP_Daz_cover.jpg
    1235 x 1999 - 475K
  • siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

I won't start a troll DS / Poser, So instead i'll say I use DS and carrara a little.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    bwaomega said:
    TimG said:

Studio user primarily. DS3 by preference, since I hate the Poser and DS4 interfaces.

I hate the DS 4 interface as well but I'm running DS 4.6.3.52 I configured it to look almost like DS3A but a lot more powerful. It is a fully configurable interface. That Said I keep DS3A installed for Plugins not supported in DS4.5+ at this time.

Do you have the ability to reclaim the viewport space that had been seized by things like video tutorials in DS4 since the first versions? Everything else I can adapt to, but having a quarter of my screen taken up by something I never use was a deal breaker.

edited December 1969

I simply turned the full teaching bar, tutorials, lessons and all off. So yep it can be removed or even minimized on the screen as a closed tab.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Jaderail said:
    I keep DS3A installed for Plugins not supported in DS4.5+ at this time.

I did the same thing and now I cannot remember why I have DS3 installed.

To answer Tim, DS46 user only.Umm.. I'll not say the last time I opened DS3A but it has been sometime now I do admit.

edited December 1969

Yup, I've created a totally unnecessary model of the tri-dimensional chess set! I hope it is accurate to the concept, although I admit it is not at all canon - the pieces are my design, not the "Classic" set that was actually used, and the board is also my design, but it has the same layout. I've downloaded another chess set - I think it was from XCalPro, but I'm not absolutely certain about that - and it's a good model (I've used it in a few of my own previous pictures!), but I just had an idea for an image and I wanted to model the chess set specifically for it ;).

I plan to post this to ShareCG - I don't know if I'm going to include 32 separate pieces, or just the 6 unique designs and let the user duplicate and color them appropriately ;).

taking_it_to_a_new_level_by_ptrope-d7ovd1m.jpg
    960 x 1070 - 189K
    edited December 1969

Made a furry tribble.

If anybody is interested D/S4.6.whatever we're at ... STILL cannot weld together body parts. So TODAY I once again used D/S3 to make a .cr2.
    It's an experimental model for another project so is not being released yet.
    However, D/S4.6.whatever we're at ... exports out the .obj files at about 1/2 of the weight Hexagon makes 'em.
    Curious I imported into Hexagon one of the 1/2 weights and exported it out again and once again Hexagon made it huge.
    With D/S4.6.w made a .duf prop file. Would have to be morphed for bending, not that tribbles bend a whole lot.
    Sure would be nice if rigged figures could also be made with the push of a button.

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Made a furry tribble.

If anybody is interested D/S4.6.whatever we're at ... STILL cannot weld together body parts. So TODAY I once again used D/S3 to make a .cr2.

"I fell your pain"

Yes, I've been plagued by this for quite a while now. I've built many a model using DS3's "Figure Setup Tools", which have now been incorporated into DS4 but it still won't work with anything other that the 'weight mapping' system. This has meant that I have to have both DS 3 and 4 installed for the CR2's that I'm creating (see attached pic).

I've brought this matter up last year on one of the other forum pages but, with each new iteration of DS4, there has been no progress made in correcting this flaw ( I couldn't even really call it an error as it is, apparently, a deliberate decision on the part of the DS programmers). Even if you try the 'legacy' option, it still won't work.

Hold onto your copy of DS 3 because that's the only version that will allow both of us, and perhaps others, to do what we're trying to do.

Variant_04_[640x480].jpg
    600 x 385 - 23K
    edited December 1969

Made a furry tribble.

"I fell your pain"

Yes, I've been plagued by this for quite a while now. I've built many a model using DS3's "Figure Setup Tools", which have now been incorporated into DS4 but it still won't work with anything other that the 'weight mapping' system. This has meant that I have to have both DS 3 and 4 installed for the CR2's that I'm creating (see attached pic).

I've brought this matter up last year on one of the other forum pages but, with each new iteration of DS4, there has been no progress made in correcting this flaw ( I couldn't even really call it an error as it is, apparently, a deliberate decision on the part of the DS programmers). Even if you try the 'legacy' option, it still won't work.

Hold onto your copy of DS 3 because that's the only version that will allow both of us, and perhaps others, to do what we're trying to do.

Looking good though.

I have found the D/S4.x legacy rigging can be quite okay for 'sets' wherein all one wants to do is rig walls for quick show/hide; rock showers and stuff like that where nothing needs or indeed wants to be welded to any other part. The options for angles is gone so it's a rather quick rigging set up, just adjusting the twist and exporting the file. But there is no legacy rigging of clothing for example!

I know I bought a tutorial or 2 for the new rigging but so far it just hasn't clicked for me. Seems to me to be rather tedious to "pick pixels" to weigh or whatever it's doing ... got half way through a horse which sits gathering dust now.

Oh yes, the other good thing as to reasons for holding onto the D/S3 is for the inj/rem script for making them. Requires a little text editing, but then that too was par for the course 'once upon a time'. There's a rumour that D/S4 is supposed to be able to make these too ... but you know, nobody knows how! Seems it requires a mysterious other element which isn't likely to ever be put into place. Sometimes I can figure things out, even if they are work-a-rounds so have a slow project in mind to try some ideas and see if the mystery cannot be discovered.

edited December 1969

almost ready...will be shared as freebies.

1) Klingon Combadge and Rankpins from Star Trek Online MMROPG

From what I was able to find out, the Klingons appears not to have a rank Lt JG so it goes directly to Lieutenant. No Admirals but Generals.

Ranks support:
    O1 Warrior
    O2 Lieutenant
    O4 Lt Commander
    O5 Commander
    O6 Captain
    G1 Brigadier General
    G2 Major General
    G3 Lt General
    G4 General

The Klingon combadge is based on a image from the net. I'm also looking at creating some addl. insignia to be attached to the Klingon sash.

2) I've redone the STO Veteran Combadge (for players who have paid for a lifetime subscription in Star Trek Online).

Comments welcomed.

Russ

STOVeteranCombadge.png
    860 x 898 - 211K
    STO_Klingon_Combadge_Rankpins_Image.png
    860 x 898 - 674K
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:

From what I was able to find out, the Klingons appears not to have a rank Lt JG so it goes directly to Lieutenant. No Admirals but Generals.

Ranks support:
    O1 Warrior
    O2 Lieutenant
    O4 Lt Commander
    O5 Commander
    O6 Captain
    G1 Brigadier General
    G2 Major General
    G3 Lt General
    G4 General

The Klingon combadge is based on a image from the net. I'm also looking at creating some addl. insignia to be attached to the Klingon sash.

2) I've redone the STO Veteran Combadge (for players who have paid for a lifetime subscription in Star Trek Online).

Comments welcomed.

Russ

Are you going strictly by the On-line universe? Cause in the movies, the Klingons had Colonels. Remember Colonel Chang from St:VI Undiscovered Country.

edited July 2014

mdbruffy said:
    rschulte said:

Ranks support:
    O1 Warrior
    O2 Lieutenant
    O4 Lt Commander
    O5 Commander
    O6 Captain
    G1 Brigadier General
    G2 Major General
    G3 Lt General
    G4 General

Comments welcomed.

Russ

Are you going strictly by the On-line universe? Cause in the movies, the Klingons had Colonels. Remember Colonel Chang from St:VI Undiscovered Country.

At this time, yes....

But I'm hoping to do another rank set later based on the following examples: one are worn on the collar and an insignia set.
    Thus illustrates how the rank structure in the Klingon military does not seem as clear cut as in the Federation.

I am open to suggestions, if people would rather see these insignia and not STO versions, then let me know.

1ca1629776fa9e28b51b5b05344e9c46.png
    700 x 525 - 635K
    Star_Trek__Klingon_ranks_by_althechi.jpg
    800 x 700 - 136K
    Ad-Rank4.gif
    596 x 704 - 9K
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    mdbruffy said:
    rschulte said:

Ranks support:
    O1 Warrior
    O2 Lieutenant
    O4 Lt Commander
    O5 Commander
    O6 Captain
    G1 Brigadier General
    G2 Major General
    G3 Lt General
    G4 General

Comments welcomed.

Russ

At this time, yes....

But I'm hoping to do another rank set later based on the following examples: one are worn on the collar and an insignia set.
    Thus illustrates how the rank structure in the Klingon military does not seem as clear cut as in the Federation.

I am open to suggestions, if people would rather see these insignia and not STO versions, then let me know.

works for me.. :-)

edited July 2014

Klingon Sash pins

1) Command Sash pin (worn by Worf in early season and by Klingon Command staff)

2) Honorific sash pins with support image showing names and titles.

still needs a little work.....

Comment welcomed...

Russ

Sashpin.png
    860 x 898 - 81K
    honorifics.png
    188 x 267 - 31K
    Honorifics_for_sash.png
    860 x 898 - 74K
    edited December 1969

A little off-topic, but you guys might find this intresting:

http://www.scifiairshow.com/ships-boneyard.html

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

Thought someone would find it interesting :-).

edited December 1969

I've been to the site before, but not since adding the boneyard; those are impressive :).

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    I've been to the site before, but not since adding the boneyard; those are impressive :).

Every once in a while, they add something new.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Klingon Sash pins

Comment welcomed...

Russ

Outstanding work you are doing on these pins and rank insignia Russ! Can't wait to get my hands on them

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Klingon Sash pins

Comment welcomed...

Russ

Outstanding work you are doing on these pins and rank insignia Russ! Can't wait to get my hands on them

Thanks!

My brother, who played far more STO then me, has suggested the version of Klinon rankpins are not realty used often and suggested I complemented these with rank emblems for the sash instead. I'm in the process on creating a sash (using the Valiant tabbard). I'll be making some additional badges.

This discussion has been closed.