*WINNERS ANNOUNCED!* RRRR Classic voting thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited July 2014 in The Commons

Welcome to the RRRR Classic voting thread.
Anyone can vote, but you cannot vote your own entries and you can only vote once.
You vote using the RRRR expert voting system (designed by the same company who designed the Palm Springs system used in the US presidential election in 2000)

Voting is is done in two categories, Best and Funniest. Best is more of the technical, and Funniest is self explaining. Also, the there is a second their, the artist with the most votes in the two categories, in total.

RRRR Classic voting machine

So, what do we vote for?

Entrries are here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41450/

Best & Funniest categories
1st $35 DAZ GC + One item from Either RawArt or Aave Nainen’s store (A midnight duel will solve who gets what)
2nd $20 DAZ GC + One item from Totte’s store
3rd $10 DAZ GC
4th $5 DAZ GC

But that’s not all!

The winner of the total grand prize will get:

Either:
- A $5 DAZ GC
- RPC Volume 1: Fallen Trees, Ivy and Vines, Wild Animals 1 by AM, The Moose, Kangaroos and Joeys & Warthog by AM from Alessandro_AM’s store
- Estroyer’s pack of her M5 poses.

or:
- Manga Studio 5 for Win and Mac OS X

The runner up takes the prize the winner didn't pick.

Voting starts now and ends on Sunday July 6 at 23:59:59 DAZ Time.

Now please vote!

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited July 2014

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

Best category
    WINNER! Tag: Spyro#1 The Seeker
    #2 Tag: TarinaKivi#1 Title: Falling Up
    #3 Tag: Kyoto Kid#1 Title: The Ol’ Swimmin Hole
    #4 TAG: KaribousBoutique #6 Title: Divinity

Funniest
    WINNER! Tag: barbult #1 Pigeon Poop Patrol
    #2 Tag: KaribousBoutique #7 Title: Cutting the Graaz
    #3 Tag: Totte#6 For she, I give five Camel
    #4 Tag: Jindi05 Title: Once a Showgirl…

Grand total prize!

WINNER! Luci45
    Runner up Spyro

Give the winners a big hand!

Now Spyro & barbult, a midnight duel (or if you come up with a less civilized way) please inform me who will take what of the 1sty prize donated items RawArt's of Aave Nainen's store item.

And Luci45 decides if she want's the First or second bunch for being Grand Prize Winner, Spyro will get what ever she she doesn't take. Inform me about choices too. GCs will soon be handed out when the maths is done and contributors informed.

It might take a few days, I'm rather busy prepping for the my big party this saturday ;-)

So, once again congrats to all the winners!

Post edited by Totte on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I will fill in the role of the dumb one of the party and ask: what is that ominous "DAZ Forum tag"?

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

For you... "cecilia.robinson" lol. It's there (I think) to make sure you don't vote twice, you don't vote for yourself, etc. :)

Check me off -- I voted! And MAN this was a tough decision. Glad there were both best AND funniest categories.

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Voted; and as others have noted, not without difficulty.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

I've voted

edited December 1969

For you... "cecilia.robinson" lol. It's there (I think) to make sure you don't vote twice, you don't vote for yourself, etc. :)

Check me off -- I voted! And MAN this was a tough decision. Glad there were both best AND funniest categories.

Thank you, I suspected "forum tag" was meant to be "forum nick". And I agree, the choice is tough! I will vote after work, perhaps on the weekend.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

As everyone else has said, it was tricky to vote - so many great entries, so sad to have to leave out so many of them. But I've come up with my list and voted before I could change my mind :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Voted--a tricky decision as always, especially in the "Best" category this time as there were so many excellent renders.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

It was sooo hard to make a decision and then not change my mind 20 times! (I only changed it 18 times :-P) But my votes are cast.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Never gets any easier. I have voted, but I hated having to leave so many worthy entries aside after choosing my final 10. Nice to look back on all the great work that came from this one though.

edited December 1969

Okay, done. Too bad there can't be ex aequo places, I had a few in mind - had to choose. Bleh. I needed to check the answers thrice, because there were so many and I almost got messed up.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

lot's of fun looking over all the images

I have voted

edited December 1969

Was difficult as always!

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited July 2014

Voted. Finally!

And MAN, was that a chore! Too many really great ones to choose from! I had to make three passes through the main thread, two more through the entries-only thread, and I'm still not sure I actually got the 'Best of the Best', and the 'Funniest of the Funny'.

I finally ended up having to settle for 'The Ones I Liked the Most'.

(ETA): And then I had to rank them!

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

So the results are due tomorrow? I'm very curious about the next installment!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited December 1969

Fantastic job, everyone. I didn't get time to enter this time, but I made sure to follow the entries as best I could. It was very difficult to narrow down the choices for voting. Congratulations one and all.

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Congratulations one and all.

Who's the one and who's all? Just kidding :coolgrin:. I had a real problem to vote, I wish it was okay to choose say two works ex aequo. Think about it next time!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited July 2014

...hoo wee that was a tough one. If there were eight selections for each category it still would have been difficult.

i_voted.jpg
    500 x 375 - 46K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I voted. Good luck everyone.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hoo wee that was a tough one. If there were eight selections for each category it still would have been difficult.

Lol. That's an adorable picture!
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Official Announcement:
    Totte has been off in the wilderness (real not CG) celebrating his birthday. He is on his way back and says the "vote tally will happen this evening or so." ;-P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2014

Yes, he got kidnapped Saturday morning and transported off into the wild to visit some old trouts without internet (or something similar). :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, he got kidnapped Saturday morning and transported off into the wild to visit some old trouts without internet (or something similar). :coolsmirk:

I think Gorm and Lomund were involved. ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2014

Quite possibly

He did shout out that he was being kidnapped, but both Jaderail and I decided that we weren't going to put up the ransom.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Quite possibly

He did shout out that he was being kidnapped, but both Jaderail and I decided that we weren't going to put up the ransom.

Lol...
    edited December 1969

I'm back, and in one piece!

Voting closed (but you knew that didn't you?)

Counting votes, winners will be announced shortly!

edited December 1969

Winners are now announced on the first page, second post!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...cool, congrats to all, nice to see several of the ones I liked made it.

edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! And thank you to Totte and all the sponsors! Another fun contest.

I look forward to the next RRRR when Totte is through celebrating his birthday. Happy Birthday, Totte! :lol: