Need help with DAZ Studio 4 Natural Ground Shaders

youngmoneycacheyoungmoneycache Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I got the shaders... http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-natural-ground-shaders
When I click on the file, there's always an error. I assume it's because the shaders are basically MATs, but that would mean I would have to apply the shaders to an object, and I don't know what that object is. :/
Please help,
Thanks

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2014

hi,:) If in the product, there is no plane or ground prop., create new prmitive , then select plane from top menu.
    or you can use other prop plane which you have bought already,,

then select the surface of primitive ground, by surface selection tool,
    or in surface tab, then apply shader (or shader preset) t, should work.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,672
    edited December 1969

In DS4 using the Surface Selection tool you don't need to select the item first - just click on the area you want with the Surface Selection tool and both object and surface will be selected.

edited December 1969

But,, I think,, he need to select plane or choose plane, when create primitive from top menu,
    he may not hope to apply ground shader for sphere or cube,,,:down:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,672
    edited June 2014

Well, the shader would apply - how it looked I would be another matter, but some might be useful. But I did misread your post, sorry.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • youngmoneycacheyoungmoneycache Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi,:) If in the product, there is no plane or ground prop., create new prmitive , then select plane from top menu.
    or you can use other prop plane which you have bought already,,

then select the surface of primitive ground, by surface selection tool,
    or in surface tab, then apply shader (or shader preset) t, should work.

Tried doing that, but the plane still looks plain :\ (No pun intended)
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You are doing a full 3Deight render I hope, DAZ Studio Shaders only render in 3Delight render mode not in any of the OpenGL render modes, they only use the built in settings of your Video Card.

• youngmoneycacheyoungmoneycache Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You are doing a full 3Deight render I hope, DAZ Studio Shaders only render in 3Delight render mode not in any of the OpenGL render modes, they only use the built in settings of your Video Card.

I don't think that's the problem. I do use 3Delight. The problem is that the shaders do not show up when I'm editing a scene. Like, when I load a plane, select it, then double click on a shader, nothing happens.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

I select the surface in the surface parameters tab, it turns the text yellow
    then click on shader or drag it in
    other ways find often do not apply
    you can hold ctl and select several surfaces too

edited June 2014

Hi,

1 to see shader effect, we may need render. (not see effect in 3d view about many case,
    it depend on how the shader made, I simply think, shader need render to see the effect ^^;)

2 If you use surface selection tool, then select the plane surface in 3d view,
    it is same, select surface in surface pane>Editor
    (I said both already)

If user think surface selection can not work , you may better send bug report, I believe.
    if it can not work with 3d view, surface selection tool has no meaning.:roll:

And usually primitive have only one surface group. you can not choose many surface grouop.
    Anyway select surface group, in 3d view or surface tab>edit then apply (click ) the shader preset.
    and just render as jaderlair suggested already,:) you can see, your surface change in rendered pic, I believe.

surface_selection.JPG
    760 x 605 - 82K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here one is the Viewport Applied view the other the render...

Capture-002.png
    955 x 915 - 531K
    Capture-001.png
    956 x 911 - 41K
  • I was havng some problems with this one as well, until I discovered that - apparently - the natural ground shaders don't render in Iray. Just 3Delight. In Iray all I ever get is a smooth white plastic surface. 3Delight seems to behave as expected.

• Procedural shaders will not usually transfer between Iray and 3Delight or vice versa.