bought the Victoria 5 pro bundle and it isn't working

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I try to load victoria 5 and it says I am missing /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf
can someone explain what I'm doing wrong

Comments

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Do you have Genesis Starter Essentials loaded?

• edited December 1969

I believe I have that, isn't that the stuff that came free with the program?

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials comes with DAZ, but has to be loaded in addition to Daz Studio.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I believe I have that, isn't that the stuff that came free with the program?

You need to make sure that you installed the V5 bundle into the same place as the Genesis Starter Essentials bundle.

How did you install V5, was it using DIM? Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials with DIM also?

DIM by default, installs to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library, and you need to make sure that V5 was installed there as well. V5 is a morph of Genesis, so you MUST have Genesis Starter Essentials installed first, or it wont work at all.
  • edited December 1969

how do I load it? I think it is already loaded as I have the poses that came with it...

edited December 1969

How did you install your content? Did you use the DAZ Install Manager (DIM)?

If so, you should find Genesis in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats > People, and V5 should be under DAZ Studio Formats > People > Characters.

• edited December 1969

I used the install manager for everything
    and by looking into my finder on my mac it seems that the victoria folder is in the genesis folder... lot of files and don't really see the organization but looks right.

• edited December 1969

anyone able to help? I really want to get this working

• edited December 1969

if this helps here is where the files are

location.png
    1600 x 900 - 370K
    edited December 1969

If so, you should find Genesis in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats > People, and V5 should be under DAZ Studio Formats > People > Characters.

The above is from my previous post, do you see Genesis under DAZ Studio Formats > People in the Content Library pane? Do you also see V5 under Characters as explained above?

I have just seen the recent screenshot that you posted, but it I'm sorry, means nothing to me as I use a PC.

Please try the suggestion above, if you can't find the figures there, then the content is not installed properly, or you don't have the folders set up correctly.

• edited December 1969

I'm seeing nothing like any of that when I open content library. it is tiny and lacks anything in it.
    can I delete everything including daz and redownload it all? or will it try to make me pay for Victoria again?

edited December 1969

I am assuming that the Mac interface is the same as the PC one.

You need to go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and post a screenshot of the expanded DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats listings on that screen.

You need to tell DAZ Studio where the content has been installed to, DIM does not communicate with DAZ Studio, so you need to enter the path to wherever DIM installed the content to, then it will appear in the Content Library.

edited December 1969

can I delete everything including daz and redownload it all? or will it try to make me pay for Victoria again?

Anything that you have ever bought from DAZ 3D (paid for or free) is kept in your My Account > Product Library area, and can be redownloaded at any time.
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

Hello,

It do say it's missing " /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf", which comes with the Genesis Essentials installation, which is free. If you search for this in DIM by tuping Genesis Starter in the search box when you have the third TAB named Installed selected, is it found? If it's found, hover your mousepointer over the row (sometimes needs nudging), and DIM will show some info, for example to what directory it is installed.

If that doesn't match the directory you have you other stuff in, you can uninstall it and reinstall it to the correct location, or ad this location to DAZ Studio in the Content Directory Setup.

Victoria 5 is depending in Genesis as it's based on the genesis foundation.