Missing in action

RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
edited August 2012 in The Commons

First-here is what is going on:

The majority of "Sky Hammer", and petals and section number 5 of Mean Green Mutha (stem) are missing.

What's going on with this?

Post edited by RPGMaker247 on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Assume that's DAZ Studio? Can you post a screenshot of your "scene" tab? It would help to see what's actually loaded. If you can refer to what file you actually loaded that would also help. I don't have those sets, but sometimes sets consist of multiple parts.

Here is the ship "Sky Hammer"

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/starship-sky-hammer

And here's the plant monster

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mean-green-mutha

From what it looks like the ship should be complete

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

The only time something like that has happened to me was with the Alruna armor. It turned out that I was missing some files. I uninstalled, re-downloaded, re-installed, and it worked fine.

edited December 1969

The only time something like that has happened to me was with the Alruna armor. It turned out that I was missing some files. I uninstalled, re-downloaded, re-installed, and it worked fine.

Tried that and the same thing happened.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Darn. So either it's something other than a missing-file problem, or the installers/zips you downloaded are incomplete. Is there a readme with a file list, and if so can you check it against the files you actually have?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

I had a similar thing happen last night, latest DS 4.5 RC3 64-bit.

I loaded Genesis, applied a skin then a Visual Style skin shader - looked fine in viewport and rendered fine at this point. I copied the diffuse map into the edge, occlusion and specular channels and the surfaces vanished. Backed up with ctrl-Z and the surfaces reappeared. Tried again with the pastes and the surfaces went again. Tried reloading the shaders, pasting again and they stayed.

This happened with clothes too - very hit or miss whether the surfaces stayed visible after loading a shader and tweaking. No consistent way to make them vanish or stay that I could discern.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

The last time I had an issue like you have with the ship was with an older model where the main portion of the ship had the internal name Body.

If possible, open the cr2 in a good text editor and see what internal name has been given to the body of the ship.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hi Imposer12 - I was wondering if you are using Daz 4.5? It seems there is a difference in how the current version of Daz and the beta 4.5 handle some files - I have no idea if that's what is happening, just a thought - I am using Daz 4.0.3.47 - I don't know about the plant as I don't have that, but the Skyhammer works fine for me - the file size is 29,000 kb and there is a metadata file as well (5,786 kb.) I've attached a picture I put together in a hurry. Filepath to the cr2 file if you use Daz Studio 4 setup should be My Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/Petipet/Starship Sky Hammer - the JetVanes are in My Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/libraries/Pose/Petipet/Starship Sky Hammer, and the fiery effects for the engines are in My Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/libraries/props/Petipet/Starship Sky Hammer. Readme is at Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\ReadMe's\ReadMe_13962_v1.1_Starship Sky Hammer.html. Hope that helps! -Cathy

Sky_Hammer.jpg
    800 x 640 - 117K
    Skyhammer_2.jpg
    800 x 465 - 119K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

Are you using MotionBlur in DS 4.5?

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Are you using MotionBlur in DS 4.5?

Motion Blur???

The DAZ I have is the freebie version 4.0----.
    Anyway, I have been having various problems with some items (hair, clothes, vehicles, etc.)

Time to pull out the trusty nerf gun and shoot a few people. It's frustrating at times.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Exactly which version of DS is this - Help>About DAZ Studio.

• TheMightyThorTheMightyThor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am glad some one else has trouble with this model, i cannot find out how the Turrets that are in the front wings middle position come out of the where they are buried underneath the circular flaps/sliding doors with the eagle emblem on them, there seems to be no pose or a parameter that opens the sliding doors and there is no way to raise the turrets underneath, has any one found that parameter yet? thanks in advance

• TheMightyThorTheMightyThor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am glad some one else has trouble with this model, i cannot find out how the Turrets that are in the front wings middle position come out of the where they are buried underneath the circular flaps/sliding doors with the eagle emblem on them, there seems to be no pose or a parameter that opens the sliding doors and there is no way to raise the turrets underneath, has any one found that parameter yet? thanks in advance

never mind, insert one DOH moment HERE! :)