The new wishlist format driving anyone else nuts with the price being moved waaay over to the other

dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
edited June 2014 in The Commons

Is the new wishlist format driving anyone else nuts with the price being moved waaay over to the other side? I find myself looking back and forth constantly.

It is not all bad though, nice to see the comments now work and when you add something to your wish list you don't end up at your wish list. But the movement of the price is reallllly driving me nuts right now. I could scan down one column before and see if anything was on sale that was in my wishlist. Now I can't do that and, well not sure if I will bother to use the wishlist anymore. :/ If you didn't guess I have a huge wishlist heh.

In short if they move the price back the wishlist would be perfect (at least for me anyway). The only thing missing would be the ability to move items around on the list. Although one could move them to cart then back to the wish list if the need arises.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Poll removed. Please see item 17 in http://www.daz3d.com/terms-of-service

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited June 2014

I see. Never been on a forum where the software allowed everyone to post a poll yet it wasn't allowed except by certain individuals. I apologize, my mistake. As I said, usually the board software would block such action, since it didn't I assumed (wrongly) that as long as my poll was not out-of-line, rude/crude or otherwise it would be allowed. Again my apologies.

Post edited by dbdigital2 on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Actually, I happen to like the new look. The one other thing I'd really like is if the input field were smaller in height. There's so much space between items, I can hardly get more than 4 items in a full screen view. If they weren't so long I could see a few more on my screen at one time.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i find it inconvenient having slide to the right. i have my browser zoomed in cuz i can't read it otherwise. is a lot f shuffling horizontal bar.

the quantity box is gone, can't fix it now when the cart message comes up.

have to manually delete from w/l after moving to cart, it copies, not moves anymore.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I do like having the price right below the image so that I can see the two associated

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Before I even got half-way through my w/l, my eyes hurt. Having the price below the thumbnail was much better and easier on my eyes. If it stays on the left I guess I will reduce my buying even more.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited June 2014

Greetings,
    A long time ago (as per in my signature) I put together a greasemonkey user script (that also worked in Chrome) that improved the wishlist a little bit. Unfortunately userscripts.org is down now, so I had to re-tool it a little bit. This new version adds a link at the top which allows you to ONLY see the items which are currently discounted ('show specials'), and moves the price under the image. (And bumps up its font a little bit.)

It also eliminates the tabs on product details pages, as that was a feature request back in the early days of the store.

For FireFox, as long as you have the Greasemonkey extension installed, you can get the user script here: http://3dwishlist.com/daz3d.user.js

For Chrome, I have gone and created a free Chrome extension on the Chrome web-store.

I hope that helps! I'm open to other features that can be implemented with just information that's on that page...

[Edit: I've already added another feature! README links off of product details pages! And a cute piggy bank on the 'Show Specials' link...both inspired by an old code suggestion by Andy Berlin!]

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    A long time ago (as per in my signature) I put together a greasemonkey user script (that also worked in Chrome) that improved the wishlist a little bit. Unfortunately userscripts.org is down now, so I had to re-tool it a little bit. This new version adds a link at the top which allows you to ONLY see the items which are currently discounted ('show specials'), and moves the price under the image. (And bumps up its font a little bit.)

It also eliminates the tabs on product details pages, as that was a feature request back in the early days of the store.

For FireFox, as long as you have the Greasemonkey extension installed, you can get the user script here: http://3dwishlist.com/daz3d.user.js

For Chrome, I have gone and created a free Chrome extension on the Chrome web-store.

I hope that helps! I'm open to other features that can be implemented with just information that's on that page...

[Edit: I've already added another feature! README links off of product details pages! And a cute piggy bank on the 'Show Specials' link...both inspired by an old code suggestion by Andy Berlin!]

-- Morgan

oh good gravy, that is AWESOME!!! I'm trying it now in Chrome and it's PERFECT. The wishlist is so much easier to read now, and being able to sort it by "specials' is BRILLIANT. You, my sir, are INCREDIBLE. thank you thank you!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

I forgot I had Greasemonkey and went to check this out. Works a treat! Really really useful. Thank you!!!!

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

If I could shuffle around the list, I would probably go for something like this...

my-ideal-wishlist.jpg
    1155 x 618 - 120K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Being able to collapse the comment box would be nice.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Love it! I use Chrome and was able to make it all the way through my w/l without eyestrain and even made a purchase. Thank you so much!

edited June 2014

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

WOW! Thank you! While it would be best for DAZ to make the change, if enough people prefer the new way, this workaround is fine. And I do like the specials option. I never used grease monkey before, this is great. Again THANK YOU! My eyes are no longer driving me crazy constantly whipping back and forth. :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I'm still trying to figure out what the input field is for. What kind of comments does DAZ expect folks to put in there? I've never had a need to put any notes in those input fields, and it just makes the list clunky and too long.

@lee - I like your suggested "shuffling" around, but taking out, or shortening, the comments input field would allow for 4 items in that screenshot instead of just 2.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:

Thank you. I had forgotten about that.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited June 2014

Miss B said:
    I'm still trying to figure out what the input field is for. What kind of comments does DAZ expect folks to put in there? I've never had a need to put any notes in those input fields, and it just makes the list clunky and too long.

@lee - I like your suggested "shuffling" around, but taking out, or shortening, the comments input field would allow for 4 items in that screenshot instead of just 2.

I've always wondered what the comment box was for too. What do people write in there?

"This is really cool, but wait till a sale"
    "Buy this as soon as you have money!"
    "Reminds me of my grandmother"

I've never used it. I'd rather see checkboxes next to each item so you can mass delete if you want to. What I'd REALLY love to see implemented is some sort of "tab" system, where you can sort your items according to categories. Like, you could have a tab called "PC Items" or a tab called "Female clothes" or "Things I Need for that big project coming up" or "Stuff I don't really need but are too cute and shiny to pass up". Or "Items Under $10" etc, for when you have that tiny bit of spare cash.

:D

Whether the store software could handle that, I have no idea, but I have seen it done on another site.

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • madfrogmadfrog Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

The Firefox script works in Opera too, using Violentmonkey. Thanks for this, I really appreciate it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

I'd like the option to be able to share the wish list and for others to buy items as gifts from shared lists

edited June 2014

jakiblue said:
    Miss B said:

I've always wondered what the comment box was for too. What do people write in there?

"This is really cool, but wait till a sale"
    "Buy this as soon as you have money!"
    "Reminds me of my grandmother"

I've never used it. I'd rather see checkboxes next to each item so you can mass delete if you want to. What I'd REALLY love to see implemented is some sort of "tab" system, where you can sort your items according to categories. Like, you could have a tab called "PC Items" or a tab called "Female clothes" or "Things I Need for that big project coming up" or "Stuff I don't really need but are too cute and shiny to pass up". Or "Items Under $10" etc, for when you have that tiny bit of spare cash.

:D

Whether the store software could handle that, I have no idea, but I have seen it done on another site.

I don't know what Daz had in mind when they created the comments option, but I think it can be handy for items such as Jaki mentioned. However, hiding the comments box would be handy for those that don't use it I admit.

As for check boxes to "mass delete" what I do is right-click the X and select "open in another tab". What this does is delete the item from the list but keep your current view unchanged and you don't have to reload the page or find where you were before to continue deleting. Sure it opens a bunch of tabs with your wishlist but you can close them easy enough after you are done. And it is certainly easier than clicking the X, waiting for the list to load, and trying to find (or remember) your exact place again.

As for share, technically that is already there. Up at the top right is a RSS feed. I suspect you could give that out to anyone to see your wishlist. Not as handy as a full "sharable" list, but it is there in some fashion.

Personally I would love to see a ability to sort/drag around items so you can move more important items to the top. Currently all we can do is move something to the cart, then back to the wishlist to add it again, but this time at the bottom. Categories would be even better I admit but just some kind of manual sorting would go a long way.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited June 2014

I prefer the wishlist format the way it used to be. I can get used to it on the right I guess, but liked it better the other way.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • meghanmeghan Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Post #10:

lee_lhs said:
    If I could shuffle around the list, I would probably go for something like this...

I Like

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Seems to be fixed now, although for some reason the item name is still stuck above the comment box instead of beside the thumbnail.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

much better the price is back near the thumbnail. :) :)

it was reminding of the menus with no prices, if you have to ask, it's too expensive.

edited December 1969

It is much better I admit (thank you Daz), but the original position under the thumbnail is still the best location (in my humble opinion). But this change certainly makes the wishlist useable by default. However, I am still using the greasemonkey script for now. :) Thanks again Cypherfox (Morgan)!

• scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Definitely another vote for mass deletes, since it's not smart enough to remove items you've already bought.
    Being able to move items to cart or remove them from the list entirely in bunches would mean that I might
    actually clean up my wish list.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,301
    edited December 1969

Definitely another vote for mass deletes, since it's not smart enough to remove items you've already bought.
    Being able to move items to cart or remove them from the list entirely in bunches would mean that I might
    actually clean up my wish list.

+1

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

I've never seen the new Wishlist because the Wishlist won't open since it was updated...

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Just a quick clarification. Items get removed from the wishlist when they are purchased (and will work through sub-items in a bundle, so if you have multiple items in your wishlist that are all in a single bundle, buying the bundle will remove those sub-items since you would now have them).

We did one pass of pruning everyones' wishlists from items they already own. We are going to be doing a second pass to catch anything we may have missed, but no one should really have items in their wishlist they already own "normally".

The one caveat to that is, going forward, if you add it to your wishlist after you already own it, it will let you add it again.

So, mass add to cart and mass delete from list may be helpful, it isn't needed for cleaning up the wishlist from items you already own. Would be used for selectively adding things to your cart or removing mass removing things from your wishlist things you are no longer interested in.

• DirewrathDirewrath Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    Just a quick clarification. Items get removed from the wishlist when they are purchased (and will work through sub-items in a bundle, so if you have multiple items in your wishlist that are all in a single bundle, buying the bundle will remove those sub-items since you would now have them).

We did one pass of pruning everyones' wishlists from items they already own. We are going to be doing a second pass to catch anything we may have missed, but no one should really have items in their wishlist they already own "normally".

The one caveat to that is, going forward, if you add it to your wishlist after you already own it, it will let you add it again.

So, mass add to cart and mass delete from list may be helpful, it isn't needed for cleaning up the wishlist from items you already own. Would be used for selectively adding things to your cart or removing mass removing things from your wishlist things you are no longer interested in.

Thank you

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    My script has been updated, since the wishlist now has the price nestled to the right of the thumbnail, and my script was making it worse now, not better. I still bump up the font for the price a smidge, and have the specials filter, as well as the details page changes.

If you're running Chrome, it'll auto-update to the latest version of the script. If you're using Greasemonkey, I think you have to load it again.

-- Morgan