Please help with transferring M4 head wound morph to Genesis

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I recently bought a morph package that contains wounds like gunshots, stab wounds, and slash wounds for M4's head and body. I would like to use them on Genesis. I can't quite figure out how to do this with Generation X. After dragging and dropping M4 into Gen X, dragging and dropping the M4 morphs++ (not sure if I have to do that or not), then dragging and dropping the head wound morph I want to transfer, I check under Head, but I don't see anything with a value other than zero. I go ahead and highlight Head, right click it and select either All or Highlighted, then Transfer: all for non-zeroed values, then click transfer. When the transfer is done, I clear the scene and load Genesis. When I look for the newly transferred morph, I can't find it anywhere, I even remember to look under Head, Generation X, and every option there. AM I missing something or doing something wrong?.

Comments

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited July 2012

I believe that sometimes morphs created with morph loader or GenX can often be found under the parameters tab and then morphs. Also if you import a 'morph' and haven't saved that morph it may not show up at all if you clear the scene and start a new one. You may have to redo the import process all over again for every scene until you save it so it shows up in the shaping and or parameters tab as a slider.

As far as also importing the morphs++ you may not need to use them if the original morph package didn't use them. Most likely if the M4 product is custom sculpted than just the m4 base and the wounds morphs should be all you need but I maybe wrong on that part.

Post edited by fictionalbookshelf on
  • BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

I found the slier I made for the transferred morph both in the Parameters tab and in the Shaping tab. I named it M4 head wound1. When I slide it up, all that happens is the head turns into the base M4 head, the gunshot in the head doesn't show up. I tried loading the morph to M4, and it doesn't need any morphs, even the base morphs, to apply it.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I have a question for you are you sure the wound pack you bought is a morph pack??or is it a texture pack to add the wounds to the textures???If it is a texture pack GenX won't help you use it .....
    What is the name of the wound pack you bought??

edited December 1969

The name of it is Henrikas_M4wounds. They are a set of wounds that put like an indention into M4's head, neck, back, or slash-like indentions in various body parts, all depending on where the morph supposed to be applied. Here's an image of the head wound I'm trying to transfer to Genesis.

wound1.png
    802 x 627 - 499K
    edited December 1969

Where is that from?? I want to look at it closer. Cause it seems to me that the bullet wound could be done with displacement,but I could be totally wrong.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

cecil30 said:
    I recently bought a morph package that contains wounds like gunshots, stab wounds, and slash wounds for M4's head and body. I would like to use them on Genesis. I can't quite figure out how to do this with Generation X.

You don't need to load the M4++ Morphs for this process. The process you want to transfer any morph pack is:

Load M4 (or whatever base figure goes with the morphs)
    Load the morph pack
    Go through the list of morphs under the head and/or body parts selecting the morphs you want by clicking on the box at the left of the line, a tick should then appear in the box (alternatively press "Select" and then "Transfer All: On" to transfer everything).
    Ensure "Selected Morphs" is selected
    Click on "Transfer"

I've just confirmed this process is correct by successfully transferring the M4 Creature Creator morphs using this method.

The transferred morphs are found under actor/Generation X/Michael 4

edited December 1969

Actually its from...... Renderotica.:red:

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    cecil30 said:
    I recently bought a morph package that contains wounds like gunshots, stab wounds, and slash wounds for M4's head and body. I would like to use them on Genesis. I can't quite figure out how to do this with Generation X.

You don't need to load the M4++ Morphs for this process. The process you want to transfer any morph pack is:

Load M4 (or whatever base figure goes with the morphs)
    Load the morph pack
    Go through the list of morphs under the head and/or body parts selecting the morphs you want by clicking on the box at the left of the line, a tick should then appear in the box (alternatively press "Select" and then "Transfer All: On" to transfer everything).
    Ensure "Selected Morphs" is selected
    Click on "Transfer"

I've just confirmed this process is correct by successfully transferring the M4 Creature Creator morphs using this method.

The transferred morphs are found under actor/Generation X/Michael 4

I tried that, DWG. For some reason it isn't working. I have successfully transferred M4 Creature Creator morphs also, alone with the Morphs++.

edited December 1969

So looking at the product it is a morph which means GENX should work to transfer it to Genesis .......try loading a fresh M4 (no morphs) then inject the wound of choice and use GenX to save it .....

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I believe that sometimes morphs created with morph loader or GenX can often be found under the parameters tab and then morphs. Also if you import a 'morph' and haven't saved that morph it may not show up at all if you clear the scene and start a new one. You may have to redo the import process all over again for every scene until you save it so it shows up in the shaping and or parameters tab as a slider.

Any morph transferred with GenX should automatically appear under the parameters tab, generally under Actors/Generation X (it is possible to override this, but that's not something you should do until you understand the process), however it will only do this for a newly loaded Genesis figure, existing figures in the scene do not automatically update*. As the GenX transfer process writes the morph into the appropriate folder under data it is not necessary to save to have the morph available in future.

* To update an existing Genesis figure in a scene, select it, load a Genesis, press undo.

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Here is a tutorial with photos for using GenX at Renderosity,
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2851334

Also by any chance are you using GenX with Daz4.5 release candidate or are you using GenX with a Daz 4.0.xx.xx version? GenX from my understanding doesn't work yet with 4.5 release candidates.

edited December 1969

Here is a tutorial with photos for using GenX at Renderosity,
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2851334

Also by any chance are you using GenX with Daz4.5 release candidate or are you using GenX with a Daz 4.0.xx.xx version? GenX from my understanding doesn't work yet with 4.5 release candidates.

Thank you, Fictionalromance. I already have that tutorial bookmarked and have been referring to it from time to time as I try to learn Gen X. I am currently using Daz Studio 4.0.3.47 Pro.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2012

-Save the figure with the morph as a cr2. (look where that morph is listed on the figure)
    -Open Genx in daz.
    -Load that figure and Find the morph (should be listed under head)
    -Tick only that morph (this is if you have already transferred all m4++ morphs over. if so you do not need to do it again)
    -Choose selected morph with properties as transfer method
    -Transfer
    -Set Group and region where you want the morph saved
    -Thats it really.

4.jpg
    1502 x 786 - 103K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

I should warn you that though the M4 shape is copied to Gen, the actual geometry is in different places because the polygon flow is different. This means that things like gunshot holes and such done by morphs may not retain the same exact shape they had on the "real" M4.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

hmm well if its the same effect as applying m4 texture to m5 uv preset on genesis, then I'll pass.