Announcing The Platinum Club Plus [Beta] Program

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited July 2014 in The Commons

In response to feedback from user surveys and community discussions about which features Platinum Club members would like to get out of their membership, we have created Platinum Club Plus [Beta]. This Beta program introduces the benefits you’ve been asking for, while adjusting those you are less interested in, to create a more valuable club designed to give you savings on the products you are most interested in.

With Platinum Club Plus not only do you get to keep most of the current benefits of Platinum Club, but these benefits are expanded to include select Premier Artists’ catalogs. A breakdown of Platinum Club Plus benefits are as follows:

- Gain access to five free new releases every month, just like the current membership.
- Receive a monthly $6.00 coupon good for DAZ Originals, like the current plan, with one exciting addition: Platinum Club Plus members can now use these coupons on Platinum Club Items (excluding new releases).
- Take an additional 30% Off all DAZ Original Items, exactly like the current plan.
- Receive 30% Off a rotating group of (select) Premier Artist Catalogs. This brand new benefit is EXCLUSIVE to Platinum Club Plus members and will stack with any other applicable promotions.
- Receive an additional $6.00 good toward anything in the store, including Premier Artist catalogs (excludes new releases, gift cards and memberships). This coupon requires an $18.00 minimum purchase giving Platinum Club Plus members up to 33% off Premier Artist products even if they aren’t currently featured or on sale.

To facilitate these added benefits without increasing the cost of your membership the catalog of $1.99 and $2.99 Platinum Club items will be adjusted to a “percentage off” discount structure for Platinum Club Plus Members. Rather than a flat price for each item, Platinum Club Plus members will get 70% off the list price of these items. This 70% will stack with the 30% intro sale giving Platinum Club Plus Members up to 79% off on new Platinum Club items. This new pricing structure allows for variance in the price points of different Platinum Club products so that a texture set is not the same price as an environment. Ultimately this means the Platinum Club can offer bigger and more robust items at competitive prices.

All of these new benefits are designed to bring you the best content at the best price. We want to make it possible for you to not only save on great PC items and DAZ Originals, but also on Premier Artist items.

We are launching Platinum Club Plus as a Beta program to test these new features and benefits without requiring any long term commitment from you. The Beta period for Platinum Club Plus will last from now until the end of July 2014, during which you may opt in at any time. We’ll use the Beta period as an opportunity to gather your feedback and insights on the Platinum Club Plus program.

To join the Platinum Club Plus Beta program open the Platinum Club portal in the “My Account” section of the site. Once there, click on the Platinum Club Plus icon to “opt in.” After you have opted in, you will remain a Platinum Club Plus member for full the duration of the Beta. If you have any further questions check out our FAQ below or ask them in this thread.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2014

Platinum Club Plus [Beta] FAQ

Q: What is Platinum Club Plus?
    A: Platinum Club Plus is a new subscription program introduced by DAZ 3D to extend your Platinum Club benefits to some of our most popular PA’s. The pricing scheme and subscription price is similar to the regular Platinum Club with any exceptions noted on this page.

Q: Why are you calling it a “Beta”?
    A: We want to make sure that we offer the best experience for our customers. Running the program in a Beta format for several weeks allows us to gather sales data, insights and customer feedback so we can make the program as good as possible.

Q: How long will Platinum Club Plus beta run for?
    A: From now until the end of July 2014. After that point more information on the future of Platinum Club Plus will be made available.

Q: If I am a Platinum Club member is this Beta program optional?
    A: Yes, participation in the Platinum Club Plus Beta program is completely voluntary. However, we are absolutely sure that you will love it.

Q: Can I opt in and then opt out later?
    A: No, if you opt in you will remain in the program until the beta ends at the end of July 2014. At this point all Platinum Club Plus members will become Platinum Club Members again. More information as to the future of the Platinum Club Plus program will be made available at that time.

Q: What is the cost of a Platinum Club Plus membership?
    A: Platinum Club Plus will have the same monthly, quarterly and annual prices as Platinum Club - $7.95/mo, $24.00/quarter, $70.00/year.

Q: If I opt in will it change my Platinum Club billing date or cycle?
    A: No, your billing cycle, date and information will remain the same.

Q: If I opt in can I still use my June PC coupon if I haven’t already?
    A: Yes and no. Once you opt in you will be given a new coupon code for June and the coupon code you have won’t work so hurry and use your PC coupon.

Q: Sounds like a great program, how do I opt in?
    A: You can opt in through the Platinum Club portal in your “My Account” section. Click on the “Convert Account” button to opt in to the Platinum Club Plus beta program and start enjoying your benefits. Keep in mind once you convert your account to Platinum Club Plus it will remain so until the end of the Beta period.

Q: I’m not a Platinum Club member but have been considering joining. If I sign up now will I be signed up for regular Platinum Club or Platinum Club Plus?
    A: If you sign up for Platinum Club you will become a Platinum Club member. You can then opt in to the Platinum Club Plus program the same way any existing Platinum Club member would (see the above question).

Q: Why are there no longer $1.99 and $2.99 items?
    A: In order to extend Platinum Club benefits to select Premier Artists the pricing scheme for Platinum Club items differs for Platinum Club Plus members. Plus members will still have access to these items at steep discounts, but rather than pricing each item at a flat rate Platinum Club Plus members will receive 70% off all items in this category. This 70% will stack with the 30% intro price for these items meaning that PC+ members can save up to 79% on new Platinum Club Items.

Q: How much will PC Items cost?
    A: The price of Platinum Club items will now be based on their list price. This will also allow Platinum Club greater flexibility to price their products based on production costs. This will lead to more high quality PC items that still fit your budget.

Q: Will I still get my 30% off DAZ Original items?
    A: Yes, this benefit will be for both Platinum Club and Platinum Club Plus members. Platinum Club Plus members will also get 30% off select PA catalogs.

Q: How does the 30% off Select PA Catalogs work?
    A: The discount will work similar to the DAZ Original discount you already enjoy. With the following differences: Premier Artists will be included on a rotating basis so you won’t get a 30% off of all PA’s all the time. But we will keep it fresh and rotate PA’s in and out on a regular basis. The 30% discount may or may not stack with intro pricing on new items, this is left up to the PA’s discretion. It will stack with other discounts on a PA’s store just like your DAZ Original discount stacks with other current promotions.

Q: You mentioned our benefits would be extended to select PA’s is the 30% discount the only thing you are offering?
    A: Absolutely not! In addition to your regular $6.00 coupon good for DAZ Originals you will also receive a monthly $6.00 coupon good for anything in the store excluding new releases, memberships and gift cards. The coupon requires a $18 minimum purchase.

Q: While we’re on the subject of $6.00 coupons will I still get my regular $6.00 coupon for DAZ Originals?
    A: Yes, with the added benefit that you can also use it on PC items now! The coupon cannot be used on new Platinum Club items but it can be applied to the entire back catalog of Platinum Club items. It will continue to apply to any non Platinum Club DAZ Original whether or not it is a new release.

Q: What happens at the end of the Beta program?
    A: What happens at the end of the Beta program will be determined by the customer feedback, sales data, and insights we receive during the Beta program.

Q: I’d like to leave feedback, where can I do that?
    A: There is a field in your Platinum Club Portal for you to submit feedback. Fill out the field with your suggestions and comments and then click “Submit Feedback.”

Q: If I opt in to the Beta program, will Michael and Victoria come out of my computer and become my best friends.
    A: Yes, we guarantee it. If for some reason the friendships don’t blossom, we will give you DAZ Studio PRO for FREE!

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited June 2014

EDITED. To do something useful with this post, I have added a translation of post 1&2 into German language, for the convinience of German native speakers.

Als Antwort auf Rückmeldungen aus Umfragen, sowie Diskussionen der (Foren)Gemeinschaft darüber, welche Eigenschaften Platinum Club(PC) Mitglieder durch ihre Mitgliedschaft erhalten möchten, haben wir den Platinum Club Plus [Beta](PC+) ins Leben gerufen. Diese Beta-Programm führt die Eigenschaften ein, nach denen gefragt wurde, und schraubt diejenigen Bereiche zurück, die nicht so gefragt waren. Hierdurch wird ein [für die Mitglieder] wertvollerer PC geschaffen, der den Mitgliedern Einsparungen bei den Artikeln verschafft, an denen sie am meisten interessiert sind.

Mit dem PC+ behält man nicht nur die Vorteile des aktuell PCs, sondern diese Vorteile werden auf die Shops/Kataloge ausgewählter Premiere Artists ausgedehnt. Die Vorteile des PC+ im einzelnen:

- Erhalt von 5 kostenlosen Artikeln, wie bei der aktuellen PC-Mitgliedschaft
    - Erhalt eines monatlichen $6.00 Gutscheins, der auf DAZ-Originale angewendet werden kann, mit der Neuerung, dass PC+-Mitglieder ihn jetzt auch auch PC-Artikel anwenden können (ausgenommen Neuerscheinungen).
    - 30% Rabatt auf alle DAZ-Originale, wie bei der aktuellen PC-Mitgliedschaft
    - 30% Rabatt auf eine wechselnde Gruppe von PA-Shops. Dieses brandneue Angebot gilt exclusive für PC- Mitglieder, und lässt sich mit anderen Rabatten kombinieren.
    - Erhalt eines zusätzlichen Gutscheins von $6.00, der auf alles im Shop (ausgenommen Neuerscheinungen, Geschenkkarten und Mitgliedschaften) angewendet werden kann. Dieser Gutschein benötigt einen Mindesteinkaufswert von $18.00, und gibt PC+ Mitgliedern einen Rabatt von 33% auf PA-Shop-Artikel, selbst wenn diese keine anderen Rabatte haben.

Um diese zusätzlichen Vorteile zu finanzieren, ohne den Mitgliedsbeitrag anzuheben, wird der $1.99 und $2.99 PC-Katalog bei PC+ Mitgliedern zugunsten eines prozentualen Modells aufgegeben. Anstatt eines Einheitspreises für alles gilt dann ein Rabatt von 70% auf den Listenpreis der Artikel. Dieser Rabatt von 70% wird mit einem zusätlichen Rabatt von 30% kombiniert, solange die Artikel noch Neuartikel sind. Diese Kombination von 70%+30% gibt PC+ Mitgliedern einen Rabatt von 79% auf PC-Neuartikel. Diese neue Preisstruktur erlaubt eine Varianz bei den Preisen verschiedener PC-Artikel, so dass ein Texturen-Set weniger kostet als eine Landschaft/Gebäude. Letztendlich bedeutet es, dass der PC größere/umfangreichere und robustere Artikel zu wettbewerbsfähigen Preisen anbieten kann.

All diese neuen Vorteile wurden entwickelt, um den Mitgliedern die besten Artikel zu besten Preisen anbieten zu können. Wir wollen ermöglichen, dass Mitglieder nicht nur bei tollen PC-Artikel und DAZ-Originalen sparen, sondern auch bei PA-Artikeln.

Wir starten den PC+ als Beta-Programm, um die neuen Funktionen und Vorteile ohne langwierige Verpflichtung der Mitglieder zu testen. Die Beta-Periode des PC+ beginnt jetzt und endet Ende Juli 2014. Während dieser Zeit kann man dem Test jederzeit beitreten. Wir werden die Beta-Periode nutzen, um Rückmeldungen und Erfahrungen der Mitglieder in das PC+ Programm zu sammeln.

Um den PC+ Beta Programm beizutreten, muss man das PC-Portal unter "My Account" der Webseite öffnen. Dort angekommen klickt man auf das PC+ Icon "opt in" um beizutreten. Nachdem man beigetreten ist, bleibt man ein PC+ Mitglied, bis die Beta-Phase beendet ist. Für weitere Fragen bitte das untenstehende FAQ lesen, oder die Fragen hier im Thread stellen.

Platinum Club Plus [Beta] FAQ

Q: Was is der Platinum Club Plus?
    A: Platinum Club Plus ist ein neues Abonnement-Programm, dass von DAZ 3D eingeführt wurde, um die PC-Vorzüge auf einige der populärsten PA-Shops auszuweiten. Das Preis- und Mitgliedsschaftssystem ist dem des regulären PC, mit Ausnahme der auf dieser Seite gemachten Ausnahmen, ähnlich.

Q: Warum nennt ihr es ein “Beta”?
    A: Wir wollen sicherstellen, dass wir unseren Kunden beste (Einkaufs-)Erfahrungen anbieten. Das Programm für einige Wochen im Beta-Format auszuprobieren, erlaubt es uns, Verkaufsdaten, ERfahrungen und Rückmeldungen unserer Kunden zu sammeln, damit wir das Programm so gut wie möglich gestalten können.

Q: Wie lange wird das Platinum Club Plus beta Programm laufen?
    A: Ab sofort bis Ende Juli 2014 (31.7.2014). Danach gibt es weitere Informationen über die Zukunft des Platinum Club Plus.

Q: Is diese Beta-Programm für Platinum Club Mitglieder optional?
    A: Ja, die Teilnahme am Platinum Club Plus Beta Program völlig frewillig. Aber wir sind uns sicher, dass Sie es lieben werden.

Q: Kann ich [in das Programm] ein- und später wieder aussteigen?
    A: Nein. Wenn man in das Beta-Programm eingestiegen ist, bleibt man im Programm, bis die Beta-Phase Ende Jule beendet ist. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt werden alle PC+ Mitglieder automatisch wieder reguläre PC-Mitglieder. Mehr Informationen zur Zukunft des PC+ Programms gibt es dann ebenfalls.

Q: Wie hoch sind die Kosten der Platinum Club Plus Mitgliedschaft?
    A: Platinum Club Plus wird die selben monatlichen, quartalsmäßige und jährliche Mitgliedsgebühren haben, wie der reguläre Platinum Club - $7.95/Monat, $24.00/Quartal, $70.00/Jahr.

Q: Ändert sich mein Rechnungslegungsdatum/-zyklus, wenn ich in das Platinum Club Plus Beta einsteige?
    A: Nein. Rechnungslegungsdatum/-zyklus bleiben gleich.

Q: Wenn ich jetzt in das Programm einsteige, kann ich dann noch meinen Juni-PC-Gutschein verwenden, falls ich ihn noch nicht verbraucht habe?
    A: Ja und nein. Sobald man in das Programm eingestiegen ist, bekommt man zwei neue Gutscheine für den Juni, und der bisherige Gutschein-Code funktioniert nicht. Darum sollte man den PC-Juni-Gutschein verbrauchen, bevor man im PC+ eintritt.

Q: Hört sich nach einem tollen Programm an. Wie kann ich eintreten?
    A: Um den PC+ Beta Programm beizutreten, muss man das PC-Portal unter "My Account" der Webseite öffnen. Dort angekommen klickt man auf den "Convert Account" Schalter, um dem PC+ beizutreten, und dessen Vorteile zu geniessen. Nachdem man beigetreten ist, bleibt man ein PC+ Mitglied, bis die Beta-Phase beendet ist.

Q: Ich bin kein Platinum Club Mitglied, aber überlege, ob ich beitreten soll. Wenn ich jetzt beitrete, trete ich dann dem regulären Platinum Club oder dem Platinum Club Plus bei?
    A: Wenn man dem Platinum Club beitritt, wird man ein reguläres Platinum Club Mitglied. Man kann dem Platinum Club Plus Programm auf die gleiche Art beitreten, wie jemand, der bereits Platinum Club Mitglied ist (siehe voranstehende Frage).

Q: Warum gibt es keine $1.99 und $2.99 Artikel mehr?
    A: Üm die Platinum Club Vorteile auf ausgesuchte PA-Shops auszudehnen, ist das Preisgefüge bei Platinum Club Artikeln für Platinum Club Plus Mitglieder anders. Plus-Mitglieder erhalten auf diese Artikel immer noch einen hohen Rabatt. Aber anstatt auf jedem Artikel einen Einheitspreis zu bekommen, erhalten Platinum Club Plus Mitglieder 70% Rabatt auf alle Artikel der [PC] Kategorie. Zu diesen 70% gibt es noch einen 30% Zusatzrabatt während der Neuartikelphase, was bedeutet, dass PC+ Mitglieder bis zu 79% bei Platinum Club Neuartikeln sparen.

Q: Wie viel werden PC-Artikel kosten?
    A: Der Preis der PC-ARtikel richtet sich jetzt nach dem Listenpreis. Das erlaubt dem Platinum Club azch eine größere Flexibilität, um die Preise an den Produktionkosten auszurichten. Diese wird zu mehr hochwertigen PC-Artikeln führen, die immer noch ins [enge] Budget passen.

Q: Bekomme ich immer noch meine 30% Rabatt auf DAZ Original Artikel?
    A: Ja. Diesen Vorteil gibt es sowohl für Platinum Club als auch für Platinum Club Plus Mitglieder. Platinum Club Plus Mitglieder bekommen außerdem 30% Rabatt auf ausgesuchte PA-Shops/Kataloge.

Q: Wie funktioniert der 30% Rabatt auf ausgewählte PA-Shops?
    A: Der Rabatt funktioniert ähnlich der Rabatt bei den DAZ Original Artikeln, den man bereits kennt. Es gibt aber zwei Hauptunterschiede: Die PA-Shops nehmen abwechselnd, in einem Rotationsverfahren teil, so dass man die 30% Rabatt bei einen PA-Shop nicht ständig bekommt. Aber wir werden die PA-Shops regelmäßig wechseln, um keine Langeweile aufkommen zu lassen. Der 30% Rabatt kann (wenn es der PA möchte) mit dem Neuartikel-Rabatt kombiniert werden. Ansonsten gilt der 30%-Rabatt nicht für Neuartikel eines PA-Shops. Der Rabatt kann aber mit anderen laufenden Rabattenaktionen kombiniert werden (genau wie der DAZ Original Rabatt).

Q: Ist der 30% Rabatt bei den PA-Shops der einzige neue Vorteil, der angeboten wird?
    A: Natürlich nicht! Zusätzlich zum regulären $6.00 Gutschein für DAZ-Originale gibt es jetz außerdem einen monatlichen $6.00 Gutschein, der auf alles im Shop angewendet werden kann, wenn man einen Mindesteinkaufspreis von $18.00 erreicht. Ausgenommen sind hier jedoch Neuerscheinungen, Mitgliedschaften sowie Geschenkkarten.

Q: Wo wir grade beim Thema $6.00 Gutscheine sind - bekomme ich witerhin meinen normalen $6.00 Gutschein für DAZ Originale?
    A: Ja, mit dem zusätzlichen Vorteil, dass man ihn jetzt auch auf PC-Artkel anwenden kann. Der Gutschein kann nicht auf PC-Neuerscheinungen angewendet werden, aber ansonsten auf alle anderen PC-Artikel. Der Gutschein kann, wie gehabt, auf alle "nicht-PC" DAZ-Originale angewendet werden, unabhängig davon, ob es sich um Neuartikel handelt, oder nicht.

Q: Was geschieht am Ende des Beta-Programms?
    A: Was am Ende des Beta-Programms geschieht, ergibt sich aus Kundenerfahrungen, Verkaufsdaten und Informationen, die wir während des Beta-Programms bekommen.

Q: Ich möchte meine Erfahrungen und Vorschläge and DAZ rückmelden, wie mache ich das?
    A: Im Platinum Club Portal gibt es ein Feld, in dem man seine Erfahrungen und Vorschläge aufschreiben kann (Feedback). Man trägt seine Erfahrungen und Vorschläge in das Feld ein, und clickt auf “Submit Feedback.”

Die letzte Q/A habe ich wengen infantilem Inhalt nicht übersetzt.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Laurie SLaurie S Posts: 393
    edited December 1969

Once you are in, you can not opt out until the beta is over at the end of July.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2014

lee_lhs said:
    You write in the first post hat you can opt out of the Beta at ny time, then in the Q?A it says you can't opt out... What is it, now? :-)

I don't think the first post says anything about opting out. It does say you can opt in at any time; it doesn't say anything about opting out. Once you opt in you definitely can't opt out during the beta period.

Unless I'm completely blind and I missed it. In which case please point it out to me.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

When do intend to implement these changes, I got a years membership on the strength of the way things are now, I really don't like the sound of this % I really dislike that you plan to change the terms in the middle of my membership

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

When do intend to implement these changes, I got a years membership on the strength of the way things are now, I really don't like the sound of this % I really dislike that you plan to change the terms in the middle of my membership

Nothing is being currently implemented other than the opt-in beta. Any longer term changes to the regular membership will be discussed and addressed at the appropriate time, if necessary :)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited June 2014

DAZ_jared said:
    lee_lhs said:
    You write in the first post hat you can opt out of the Beta at ny time, then in the Q?A it says you can't opt out... What is it, now? :-)

I don't think the first post says anything about opting out. It does say you can opt in at any time; it doesn't say anything about opting out. Once you opt in you definitely can't opt out during the beta period.

Unless I'm completely blind and I missed it. In which case please point it out to me.

:red: :red: Seems like I'm the one who can't read. So, please accept my apologies. :-) First post re-edited, off to ponder wether to participate in this new Beta thingy. :-)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

Nothing is being currently implemented other than the opt-in beta. Any longer term changes to the regular membership will be discussed and addressed at the appropriate time, if necessary :)

Well my feed back is this from looking at the currant V4 sale while not logged in we are going to be paying an average of $4-6 per item and if base prices continue to increase as has been happening that will go up, having seen the recent sales there will be little to keep me in the PC club. The repetitiveness of products and the numerous refits that are being produced does not give me confidence that it would be worth my while to stay. I would much rather you just increase the price so that I know where I stand financially the % means that you can increase what we pay just by slowly increasing base prices.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

I refuse to negotiate until Xiao Me by FWArt is released unconditionally.
    +stands firm+

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

OK... so the downside is paying more for PC stuff like the Viking hair would be about 3.50 and the textures about 2.30. Not that bad with the trade off being discounts on PA items. Though not on new releases. Hmm...

I've been up for about 19 hours, so maybe it's time to sleep on it or my head could explode. LOL

But it actually sounds pretty fair (in my sleep deprived brain?). Good thing I'm off tomorrow to ponder. :lol:

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited June 2014

Greetings,
    Interesting; the primary benefit is for older members who have all or a significant amount of the older PC items that they'd want. Those items go up to $2.99 through $5, based on 70% off of $9.99 through $16.95, which are the typical range of PC base prices. If those are less interesting, probably because you own many of them, then the discount for the newer items and PA items becomes a more significant value.

I...really don't know what to think. I certainly own a significant percentage of the old DAZ items that I'll want to buy, and a discount on PA items (even if it is $18+) is tempting.

My reading of this is that the beta program will go away completely in July, and DAZ'll run the numbers to see if it's a viable alternative, and how it affected sales from those who joined it. (Although the sales of the last month and some may bias the results, since I at least am pretty tapped out.) They'll see which aspects were used most often, and how much that would cost them / net them across the entire PC user base.

I'm considering opting in just to give it a try, although it would definitely mean higher priced new PC releases, which concerns me a bit. 79% is not 88%, but it IS $3.56 which compares closely with...competing sites club prices. I'd have to buy out my currently wishlisted PC items, as they'd almost all go up to $5.09, being out of 'new release' discount and $16.95.

Interesting! I'm going to have to sleep on it, and think about it deeper tomorrow. It's not a 'reject out of hand', nor is it a 'must have', which means some careful compromises were made.

Edit:

Ippotamus said:
    I refuse to negotiate until Xiao Me by FWArt is released unconditionally.
    +stands firm+
    LOL! Stay strong, broth...ummm...sist....umm...ah, heck...co-forumite! :)

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

OK... so the downside is paying more for PC stuff like the Viking hair would be about 3.50 and the textures about 2.30. Not that bad with the trade off being discounts on PA items. Though not on new releases. Hmm...

I've been up for about 19 hours, so maybe it's time to sleep on it or my head could explode. LOL

But it actually sounds pretty fair (in my sleep deprived brain?). Good thing I'm off tomorrow to ponder. :lol:

Yes you get the 30% discount off of PA items, plus a coupon that can be applied to PA items if you spend 18$ , in addition you will also have the 6$ coupon that can now be applied to PC items ( aside from new releases) :-)

edited December 1969

I would much rather you just increase the price so that I know where I stand financially the % means that you can increase what we pay just by slowly increasing base prices.

The issue that we have with the current model is that a fixed price of a 1.99 doesn't really make sense. Why should an environment be the same price as a pose pack, when one costs more to produce than the other?

Furthermore, not all environments are the same, same are a lot smaller.. some are a lot bigger. Should they be the same price? The % does allow the base prices to be adjusted to more accurately reflect each products size and contents - and as continue to offer all items at a deep discount.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm Confused I am paid up tell: Expiration Date:December 03, 2015

Don't like changes if I lose benefits.

Can we get out of being a Platinum member at all & get our money back from paying up tell December 03, 2015 since Daz change the game?

If we move up, I have to pay again & lose my other money I paid?

I am trying to weigh it all out, got blind sided by Daz here. lol

So many Que. & No right anc. to my concern. :(

edited June 2014

Can we get out of being a Platinum member at all & get our money back from paying up tell December 03, 2015 since Daz change the game?

DAZ have not changed the game.. This is a beta program that you can join until the end of July or not join, you do not have to pay to opt in. If you opt in you will get the new prices on PC items, but you will also get the new benefits.. if you choose not to opt in then nothing will change for you.

Post edited by Laurie S on
    edited December 1969

LaurieS said:

DAZ have not changed the game.. This is a beta program that you can join until the end of July or not join, you do not have to pay to opt in. If you opt in you will get the new prices on PC items, but you will also get the new benefits.. if you choose not to opt in then nothing will change for you.

So since I'm paid up tell December 03, 2015, if I get in it want cost me any thing else right?

edited December 1969

So since I’m paid up tell December 03, 2015, if I get in it want cost me any thing else right?

Right ;-)

edited December 1969

LaurieS said:
    So since I’m paid up tell December 03, 2015, if I get in it want cost me any thing else right?

Right ;-)

Thanks for explaining the Money end of it, ya know Money talks & Bull - just go home. lol ;)

edited December 1969

I would much rather you just increase the price so that I know where I stand financially the % means that you can increase what we pay just by slowly increasing base prices.

The issue that we have with the current model is that a fixed price of a 1.99 doesn't really make sense. Why should an environment be the same price as a pose pack, when one costs more to produce than the other?

Furthermore, not all environments are the same, same are a lot smaller.. some are a lot bigger. Should they be the same price? The % does allow the base prices to be adjusted to more accurately reflect each products size and contents - and as continue to offer all items at a deep discount.

That exactly, prices can be 'adjusted' at any time, you could take out a years membership and to start with pay only £3 on average for a PC item, but in a few months if the base prices increase you could be paying up to $5-7 and that can continue to increase with out there being anything members can do.
    Personally I would just like to see an increase in the price of PC items, I realise that some things are not equal but isn't that part the point of the club thing.
    Why even bother with a Membership if at some point the sales will mean you can get this stuff cheap any way.

edited December 1969

That exactly, prices can be 'adjusted' at any time, you could take out a years membership and to start with pay only £3 on average for a PC item, but in a few months if the base prices increase you could be paying up to $5-7 and that can continue to increase with out there being anything members can do.
    Personally I would just like to see an increase in the price of PC items, I realise that some things are not equal but isn't that part the point of the club thing.
    Why even bother with a Membership if at some point the sales will mean you can get this stuff cheap any way.

It's taken over 10 years to get this far, so I don't see anything increasing that rapidly over that short amount of time :)

With regards as to why bother getting a membership, just look at the new benefits as part of the PC+.

edited December 1969

Just a quick question.
    I forget, how long is something considered new? ;)

edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Just a quick question.
    I forget, how long is something considered new? ;)

60 days :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Could somebody help me with the math?
    As I read it, I have to pay 70$ for my PC membership (yes, I am and will stay yearly) - and then, to get the PLUS (which will cost me more on PC items) I have to pay another 70$?

Upsides like having to buy 18$ worth of items and be able to use my 6$ coupon and being able to use said coupon on older PC items (which will be much higher in price) ...

Or I just stand still and don't move a finger to click anywhere and I will still have 1.99$ PC items?

Uuuuuhm ...
    I really have to think!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    As I read it, I have to pay 70$ for my PC membership (yes, I am and will stay yearly) - and then, to get the PLUS (which will cost me more on PC items) I have to pay another 70$?

Upsides like having to buy 18$ worth of items and be able to use my 6$ coupon and being able to use said coupon on older PC items (which will be much higher in price) ...

Or I just stand still and don't move a finger to click anywhere and I will still have 1.99$ PC items?

Uuuuuhm ...
    I really have to think!

No, the beta you can opt-in to now without costing you any additional money. But yes, if you chose not to opt-in, you remain a regular PC member.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Uuuuuhm ...
    I really have to think!

Oof, I forgot that the "old" pc items wouldn't be $1.99 anymore for the "new" coupon.
    I think I've reached my math limit for one night. :)

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not because it seems so complicated. I've sometimes barely been able to understand some of the recent sale criteria and this PC+ thing sounds like it will make it even more difficult to figure out discounts. I often buy PC items just because they're £1.99 not because I really need them - push the price up to $3.50+ and I won't be doing that any longer. Will that benefit DAZ? Maybe/maybe not but eventually I'll visit less because the prices have gone up and impulse buying isn't worthwhile. For example, I'm a member of another site who charge $3.50 for their club items - I have loads of them in my wishlist but never buy them unless I really need to. No impulse buying at $3.50 because it soon adds up when a lot of items at this price are added to the cart. So PC+ might be worthwhile but atm it's very difficult for me to work out the long term benefits.

• achimsachims Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Should

"100% Off Dark Sisterhood OR Gated Courtyard"

and the other Countdown 2 Summer rewards still work
    after switching to PC + ???

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I have the same experience as SuperDog. I buy nearly all the $1.99 products in the DAZ club... but in the club with the $3.50 more like 20% of them.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

There are TWO $6 coupons in the beta.
    One is for DAZ Originals and now also PC items, no minimum (I think?)
    Second is for DOs, PC items and PA items, $18 minimum.
    (not to mention the 30% discounts on DOs and weekly scheduled PAs)

PAs are taking our share of hit on this second coupon. Survey says this is what majority PC members wanted so quite a few PAs are going to trial the beta period in the hopes it increase sales # enough to more than make up for the lower prices ... win for PC members and win for us PAs.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Kerya said:

Uuuuuhm ...
    I really have to think!

Oof, I forgot that the "old" pc items wouldn't be $1.99 anymore for the "new" coupon.
    I think I've reached my math limit for one night. :)

I don't think we (PC members) have to pay more to become a PC+ member. It's my understanding that PC+ may replace PC if the trial is popular. Getting a $6 coupon to buy $18 of products that each used to cost $1.99 but now cost $3.50+ isn't very appealing. Even if this does include a few PA back catalogues at full price. I assume (could be wrong) PA back catalogues won't be on sale when they qualify for PC+ so probably no extra discount when using the $6-$18 voucher. I'm predicting the need to read more restriction clauses.

This discussion has been closed.