Zbrush 4R4 is finally here

MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am very excited for the new features .. the Q Remesher + replacing parts of the model with different models and 10.000 undo that are some of the new features I was waiting for.

you can read more about the new features by clicking the link bellow

http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/features/ZBrush4R4/feature-list/

Cath

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Sorry i beat you on this one in the PA forum LOL!
    Yes it an excellent upgrade making you own custom insert brushes with curves, sooo many ideas. I will be waiting for your Tut !!!

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

but not everyone have access to the PA forum hehe
    I already played all evening the insert mesh brushes are amazing also new Qremesher the work would be done so much easy now .

edited December 1969

Yes this will be a good place to learn from each other. I'm only through all the tuts once so it will take a few more time before they start sticking in the old brain Box LOL. I haven't figured out how to use the guides on the QRemesher. I'm starting to see some examples on utube. Here's one I liked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVuI-P7MOGU

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Downloading it right this instance...can't wait to play.

Cath, any hints on doing texture maps for Genesis in Zbrush?

hugs

Pen

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

mmm a nice re-topology update :lol:

now we need more Zbrush vs Daz tutorials.

only a few poor excists.

we need more well done Zbrush tutorials here...

Where are all the tutorial creator vendors?
    sell more useful tutorials and not only content to new 3d users.

it's more fun to teach people then sell 1 model.
    with more users = more millions of available content
    to all of us.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

I LOVE the new features..Time to start studying again.....

edited December 1969

I am doing only displacement and normal maps or eventual cavity maps in Zbrush, texturing process is to bad for me in Zbrush and the effect will be not optimal in DS it is good for high end rendering software , or eventually you can do is using Photoshop bridge and Zbrush what give better result, I am doing my textures still using DP3D with Photoshop bridge and I like it . The most turn off are all genesis UV's that are overlapped and you need to finish the full texturing before extracting the templates.

Pendraia said:
    Downloading it right this instance...can't wait to play.

Cath, any hints on doing texture maps for Genesis in Zbrush?

hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Well, every vendor is individual with own business , there are not group
    as I not see anybody will split the money with me or others
    so don't wonder, everyone keep today stuff for them self , minder concurrency more money for us hahahaha

beside there is not big deal selling tutorials
    and one tutorial will never bring as much as one model

and that is reality ...

well DAZ should open classes for new vendors and I see business in that
    as myself I run private classes not so long ago and that is different story

and to teach anybody in public ended always into profit of others without even of any credits so I am little tired of that after 14 years ,beside that I am very busy with project inside and outside this community and lately it is hard to find any time for anything else but in the winter period I would for sure have some time for tips and tricks

fixme12 said:
    mmm a nice re-topology update :lol:

now we need more Zbrush vs Daz tutorials.

only a few poor excists.

we need more well done Zbrush tutorials here...

Where are all the tutorial creator vendors?
    sell more useful tutorials and not only content to new 3d users.

it's more fun to teach people then sell 1 model.
    with more users = more millions of available content
    to all of us.

edited December 1969

Yes the insert brushes are a bit tricky to get good results the mesh insert and the poly-group needs to have around the same resolution or the insert mesh gets divided up to match the main mesh. I made up my own brush with a hexagonal cylinder very low res but I was tying to think ahead on how it would look with sub-D on. Defiantly has to be open ended or it won't work. So don't expect mesh fusion to work with all insert brushes. Alt drag the brush will put it on the inside. The tube insert is a bit heavy to be usable so you're better building your own. With just these tubes it added 200k . So still playing.

R2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 177K
    ZB1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 251K
    edited December 1969

They should made that simple mesh insert in DS , that would be cool for building new stuff .

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Just subscribing in case there is some more info here to go Gaga over! *just a little monster* :P

edited December 1969

it does make any sense t build informational thread that are flushed down in 3 days replaced by ODD thread that have nothing to do with 3D or this community at all ? it is sad .. other forum boosting each day with cool innovative info , and here just sales and commercial and nobody even want to share anything , it getting really backwards

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited July 2012

Part of the issue, which DAZ should have put at the TOP of the list is to make sure that newly posted to thread got put to the top of the page, instead if your not subscribed you WILL NOT see that thread in another day ever again! BAD DAZ, BAD! *spank spank spank* If Frank or Richard or Cho comes in here and tells me it's on the list I'm going to spank them too! GRRRRRRRRRRRR :coolmad:

In the long run this hurts their business and turns off forum members and quite frankly I've seen some past folks that STILL support Genesis take their business to 'Rosity to sell stuff. I'm sure it will all be worked out EVENTUALLY but it's just not doing their business, as a whole, any good in the mean time!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

Well starting to get the hang of the curve settings weld option on brush modify is a good one to. There are going to be so many tentacle beast it won't be funny.

Tenticles.jpg
    800 x 671 - 169K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

We spent a few hours playing with that tool yesterday too.

• edited December 1969

I'm working on a braid brush. The weld joins are not as smooth as I'd like -- I need a shorter, better modeled braid section for a smoother bend. I'm crap at modeling and rusty in hex (my only modeling app) but I'm having fun playing. I need to go back and play with the braid obj again.

I have yet to try the qremesher or to see if there are any changes other than the subtool grouping for fiber hair. This release is just so ridiculously awesome, lol.

braid01.jpg
    800 x 800 - 128K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

That is such a great tool. I have many plans for it in the future.

edited December 1969

That's looking great !
    I think all need to do is have less links in the braid so it's only one or two then it will be a lot smoother.
    The fiber mesh is a good idea to but you will loose the UVs when you make the curve.
    Great stuff

• edited December 1969

Playing with fiber hair and the braid brush. I should have made the braid larger. Anyway, I found that using the Curve Resolution slider in the Brush modifier palette smoothed out the braid nicely.

I uninstalled 4R3 once I had 4R4 up and running, but I forgot about GoZ, so now Studio is pointing to the wrong executable. I can't find where to set it up -- I know I had the option when I installed. Do I need to reinstall the plug-in?

jasmine_fiber2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 153K
    edited December 1969

I just tried goZ and it uses ZB4R4 but I'm using the latest build of DS4.5R3 and have the goZ plugin that goes with that I figured that's why they released DS4.5R3 around the same day as the new Zbrush. It export genesis no problem so make sure you have the latest.

• edited December 1969

I haven't installed DS4.5 yet so I guess that's the problem. I'm not planning to install 4.5 until the "official" release, so I guess I'll wait. Thanks for the reply.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Zbrush 4r4 is so great that I might be able to do something with it. Been playing with mesh inserts! So awesome.

• edited December 1969

Downloaded and installed but not had anytime to explore new bits and bobs yet, been really hectic in the studio!!!!