Questions/ Observations about the new Site

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

At least, I can access the bug tracker (it was down as well a few days ago). That would be "DAZ Web Search", I reckon.

Clicking on a link opens the page in the same window, there is no "target=blank" in the "a href"-line. I can't back out from the bugtracker, for example, and have to type the DAZ URL anew and login. Then search for the forum thread and comment I had clicked on the link on the first place.

I would also like to know when the links are stable so I can save them as bookmarks. None of the earlier ones work.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you have bookmarks to pages in the old forum, then you need to add archive to the link,

So you get a link that reads http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3269492#3269492

Instead of one that reads http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3269492#3269492

And I am not going to apologise for the inconvenience, because we told them, way back in February that they need to keep the old forum archive on it's original server, and have the new one on a new server, with a redirect.

edited December 1969

Thanks! Very helpful. I thought the new forums - I wonder whether they stay where they are now or not.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Thanks! Very helpful. I thought the new forums - I wonder whether they stay where they are now or not.

As some famous man once said

There are some things so serious you have to laugh at them.

• edited May 2012

Hi Guys, long time no see!!

Really don't care for this new site at all, I just typed a reply here, the smilie didn't work and the whole reply vanished before I'd finished it. Anyway what I was saying is that I hate those blue words that keep appearing now and then that when you run your mouse over them, they bring up some stupid b***** add that you certainly don't wish to see! Why on earth has Daz stepped to such a low level - frankly it sucks!

Just noticed also, that everyone here is listed as a new member!

Post edited by narji2_36bceaf2ee on
    edited December 1969

You stop being a new member when you have posted more than 25 times, so on the 26th post you become a fully fledged member, and get a little green square tingy under your name.

It's not much of a substitute for an avatar, but it's all we get at the moment. :shut:

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

@JoAJ
    OMG, one of my long lost Peasant Girls!

Yup, we're all new, you don't know me and frankly, I've never even heard of you. I keep having vague flashbacks from another life in a previous forum, at least, I think they're flashbacks.

@Pam
    Just out of curiosity, did DAZ actually test this new system on a clone of the original server before it went live? Have to wonder because if they did, there's no reason all this stuff shouldn't have been running properly from the start. If you play around with a clone of the forum on an identical configuration, and get it right, you also get it right when it goes live.

It amazes me why they even need to sort out these problems after making it live. It should have been done before it went live, by testing on an identical offline clone of the original server. We have a saying here in the UK, when we see something ridiculous from America on the TV, and we say, "Only in America". I think we need a new one that goes something like, "Only DAZ".

I was just about to post a smiling smiley to show that I mean that in good humour, but as I said, the new smilies look crap so I absolutely refuse point blank to use them!

Post edited by pumeco on
  • FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

LEN! *glomp* missed you.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

JoAJ said:
    Anyway what I was saying is that I hate those blue words that keep appearing now and then that when you run your mouse over them, they bring up some stupid b***** add that you certainly don't wish to see! Why on earth has Daz stepped to such a low level - frankly it sucks!

?

edited December 1969

JoAJ said:
    Anyway what I was saying is that I hate those blue words that keep appearing now and then that when you run your mouse over them, they bring up some stupid b***** add that you certainly don't wish to see! Why on earth has Daz stepped to such a low level - frankly it sucks!

?

Ditto that, I haven't seen anything like that...

• tpstigerstpstigers Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

JoAJ said:

?

Ditto that, I haven't seen anything like that...

I will third this.

JoAJ - I'm pretty sure your system has been compromised. You should check it thoroughly for viruses/worms/trojans/malware.

edited December 1969

Hi JoAJ - nice to see you back, long not seen. The blue things are links, if you get somewhere else than anything DAZ, your browser might have a problem.

edited May 2012

LEN! *glomp* missed you.

Thankyou WinterFlame, another one of my lovely Peasant Girls!

Thanks for the passionate snog, and I wish the DAZ Peasants would hurry up and fix the avatars, because that way I can start a new Peasant Girl thread and open it by declaring my new avatar. It's a picture of me, something for all my Peasant Girls to fantasize over!

Until then, here's a return snogging *GLOMP*
    And of course, a humping *HUMP*

Post edited by pumeco on
    edited May 2012

pumeco said:

@Pam
    Just out of curiosity, did DAZ actually test this new system on a clone of the original server before it went live? Have to wonder because if they did, there's no reason all this stuff shouldn't have been running properly from the start. If you play around with a clone of the forum on an identical configuration, and get it right, you also get it right when it goes live.

!

As I said in another thread

Well there is an official answer to this, but I am not certain I am allowed to post it here, as we don’t have any content advisory flags yet. ;-)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

JoAJ said:
    Hi Guys, long time no see!!

Just noticed also, that everyone here is listed as a new member!

HEY!!!JoAJ! Great to see you. All us 'New Members' got to stick together.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Coming out of exile temporarily because apparently PMs to me do not work. Can someone try and PM me to see if it works? If not, please post here so I'll know and then I can open up a ticket (or whatever it is I have to do).

Thanks.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

It doesnt like your username, says it is invalid when i try to send you a PM. Argh!

edited December 1969

It doesnt like your username, says it is invalid when i try to send you a PM. Argh!

Thanks Rashad. I'll send an email or open up a ticket or whatever. That's the error other folks are getting too.
    Thanks!

edited December 1969

Works now, Richard has changed your name from the backend, and I just sent you an email to test it

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Works now, Richard has changed your name from the backend, and I just sent you an email to test it

Except now my screen name is all hosed. I did not want 2012 in it. I want the old one back.

edited December 1969

Ok, hopefully the PM thing is fixed so I can get out of the forums. Can someone please PM me and see if it works?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

PMs are working now. See you all later.

edited December 1969

See, Moderators are good for some things. :coolhmm: despite what a lot of people say about us. :roll:

edited December 1969

pumeco said:
    LEN! *glomp* missed you.

Thankyou WinterFlame, another one of my lovely Peasant Girls!

Thanks for the passionate snog, and I wish the DAZ Peasants would hurry up and fix the avatars, because that way I can start a new Peasant Girl thread and open it by declaring my new avatar. It's a picture of me, something for all my Peasant Girls to fantasize over!

Until then, here's a return snogging *GLOMP*
    And of course, a humping *HUMP*

LoL. *grin* Thanks I needed a giggle.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    See, Moderators are good for some things. :coolhmm: despite what a lot of people say about us. :roll:

No, moderators ARE evil. It's just you that's good.:-)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Hey I'm not evil....today!

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Hey I'm not evil....today!

:lol:

• edited December 1969

Hi Pumeco, Horo, Booksby David, Rashid etc etc etc.....so nice to "see" you all again.

Really I sort of stopped visiting the forums as I haven't been doing anything at all with Bryce, started for awhile around Xmas time but was so disgusted with everything I did that I stopped again.

Need a new computer really, this is getting a bit on the slow side although I can load Bryce easily enough, my Daz Studio links just take forever to load.

Bye the way, I think I fixed those Hover Add links at last, installed a program called Adblock Plus which seems to have done the trick, I didn't have any viruses or Malaware luckily.

Must say I find the new site awfully glare-y with all the white, not easy on the eyes at all.

Still seems funny being a New Member! Guess I'll have to try and think of things to post to become a "real" member. LOL
    '

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Mentioned this at The Commons but didn't get a response but I'm very security conscience and concerned about this error message every time I post to the forums. Any suggestions?

non_secure_daz.jpg
    425 x 134 - 14K
    edited May 2012

@Michele
    I'm pleased to hear the PM's are working, we can talk dirty again *HUMP*

@Moderators
    I think you just might be sadistic as well as evil if you expect us to be satisfied with the new smileys. I mean I'm not religious, but dear god, please change them to the older type. There's just something about them, they look really effeminate or something, and dare I say it, I'm sure that if they did the rounds on YouTube, people would be inclined to think they were a bit gay.

I'm literally having to force my hand to click on these, just to show you what I mean:

:-) :) %-P :red:

All you need is a mustache added to this one and you could claim campiest set of smileys on the internet:

:ahhh:

I just can't use those smileys, give me a break, I mean even the uber-cool Hoff would have trouble shaking-off any gossip that would surely accumulate if he were to use one of those smileys.

Please, don't do this, you can't expect blokes to use those!

After posting those smileys, I feel like I need to find a video to make me feel like a man again.
    Ah, here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vNsDhFaKUk

Post edited by pumeco on