How do I save a custom morph?

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I want to start fresh of my character in every aspect but her face. How do I save just a face morph and pose? I know how to export a pose by itself, but I want the orph, too. Just for the head, though.

Working in DS4.6.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2014

Is this a character based on pure dial spins? If so, zero out any dial you don't want saved and go to File > Save As > Shaping Preset. Right click in the box and go to Check Only > Check All Modified Only (this is why you zero out the unwanted dials first, it makes things easier), and hit accept..

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited June 2014

Vaskania said:
    Is this a character based on pure dial spins? If so, zero out any dial you don't want saved and go to File > Save As > Shaping Preset. Right click in the box and go to Check Only > Check All Modified Only (this is why you zero out the unwanted dials first, it makes things easier), and hit accept..

I started with a freebie character that was close to the work I wanted then dialed from that point. So you are saying zero out the body dials?

I can't get to the 'right click' step. Where is that?

Post edited by WillowRaven on
    edited December 1969

Yep. Zero out the body and save from there.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Yep. Zero out the body and save from there.

OK ... So I'm basically saving the entire figure, with it saving the face the way I want it? What if I try to use that saved face on another character? Will it zero out any body morphs of the new character?

edited June 2014

It shouldn't. If you save any body dials in the preset while they're set at zero (ie having them checked in the save window), then it will zero out those dials when used, but if you zero them out first so they're not included when you 'Check All Modified Only', then the body dials won't be touched. The preset can only be used on characters of the same figure (ie if it's a Genesis-based character, it will only work on Genesis), unless you use GenX2 to transfer it.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

OK ... I'll give it a go :D