Two questions - cameras and queues

ewangrant1ewangrant1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Question 1

Looking round a scene in perspective mode, find a much better camera angle for scene. How can I load a new camera to this point, or how do I discover xyzTr and xyzRo of current view so I can manually feed that to new camera?

Question 2

Can you queue scene files to render through the night?

Thank you.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Question 1

Looking round a scene in perspective mode, find a much better camera angle for scene. How can I load a new camera to this point, or how do I discover xyzTr and xyzRo of current view so I can manually feed that to new camera?

Question 2

Thank you.

Camera pics attached.

002.png
    794 x 621 - 101K
    001.png
    998 x 582 - 137K
  • ewangrant1ewangrant1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Omg how embarassing. I must have seen that a thousand times and never noticed. haha. I just load a camera and then start moving it about, never studied options. Thanks a lot, that'll help. :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

My Art Studio thread has a reference page with good links to all different subjects. Take a look at the camera section. :)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28138/#418498

• ewangrant1ewangrant1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Already bookmarked that thread. Seems I have a preference for just working away rather than reading. I'll get to them one day, promise. :D

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Question 2

Thank you.

DraagonStorm has a product in the store to do batch rendering. I have it and it works quite well.

Batch Render for DAZ Studio 4 and RIB

edited December 1969

mark128 said:

DraagonStorm has a product in the store to do batch rendering. I have it and it works quite well.

I am not a technology person- I'm lucky if I can change the volume on my computer. (Well, not that bad...) Doing "bat" files- what the heck does this entail? In other words, how hard is this product to use? I don't recall seeing it discussed in detail but the forums are huge and I don't surf every section. So how do you use this product if you don't mind me asking?

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    mark128 said:

I am not a technology person- I'm lucky if I can change the volume on my computer. (Well, not that bad...) Doing "bat" files- what the heck does this entail? In other words, how hard is this product to use? I don't recall seeing it discussed in detail but the forums are huge and I don't surf every section. So how do you use this product if you don't mind me asking?

The bat file are for use with the stand alone version of 3Delight which is a command prompt application (no GUI interface). I assume you are not using that.

The Batch Render product is a DAZ script. There is a icon in the content library to load it. I brings up a dialog box where you add the DUF scene files to be rendered. The only strange thing about it is that when you click add, you select the png files that correspond to the DUF file. I am guessing this is so you can use the previews of this PNG in file browser dialog to see image of the scene you are selecting to render.

You then select the render type. RIB render is for the stand alone 3Delight. For a DS render you select JPG, PNG, TIF or BMP.

You can use the render settings saved in the DUF file for each render or you can use a predefined set of render settings for all the renders. I always use the saved render settings.

You then select the folder you want to render to and click the render button. The rest of the settings are only for the render to RIB option for use with the standalone 3Delight. DAZ Studio will load the DUF files one after another and render them.

If you want to use the standalone 3Delight, this product is a real time safer. When you manually do render to RIB in DAZ Studio it writes the RIB files into a location in your Temp directory. If you want to queue up a whole bunch of scenes for batch render you have to keep changing the value of the Temp directory so they don' t overwrite each other. Then create some kind of a script to run all the renders in the command shell. This product takes care of all of that. Generating the RIBs in different directories and creating the bat shell script to run them.

However, it is very useful even if you just want to render in DAZ Studio too.

BatchRend.jpg
    710 x 716 - 92K
    edited December 1969

Okay, when I get around to it, I may have more questions- but thank you SO much. I'll put a link in my Reference Links for "Batch Rendering" so this can help other folks. Appreciate it very much. (FYI for those who don't know, the first post in the Art Studio thread has a link to the Reference Section and you can check by topic for information. It's about two years of compiling tips from the forums.) This will be very helpful- thanks for the screenshots.