How to import a new character ?

info_2259bb432ainfo_2259bb432a Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello everybody

I'm an absolute newbee at DAZ.
This morning I bought the Gecko in the DAZ shop. Now, I 'm trieing to open it in DAZ ( Yes, I copied it into the right folder ;) )
But, I'm not able to open it. At the Tab" Actor's Wardrobe & Probs" I can't find him. So how to get the Gecko in?

Thanks a lot

Best regards
alex

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello info, and welcome.

Is it this item you bought : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toonimal-gecko/

Most items sold in the store before Genesis came out, were in Poser Format. They can be found in Content Library > Poser Formats > My Library > Figures. The different materials can usually be found in the Pose folder.

See if that helps?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Hello info, and welcome.

Is it this item you bought : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toonimal-gecko/

Most items sold in the store before Genesis came out, were in Poser Format. They can be found in Content Library > Poser Formats > My Library > Figures. The different materials can usually be found in the Pose folder.

See if that helps?

If you prefer to use categories so that you can arrange things to suit yourself then click on the content library tab. On the right hand side at the top should be a small triangle. If you click on the triangle you will get a drop down menu. Select scan known directories for new files. When th search is complete your item should show up under unassigned in the default section.

Hope this helps

Pen

• info_2259bb432ainfo_2259bb432a Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Pen,
    thanks a lot :) I found the folder.
    But now: How bring him into the scene?
    Puh, sorry for those silly questions.

Best regards
    Alex

edited December 1969

Either double click on the icon for the item, or drag and drop it into the viewport.

Make sure that it is the icon for the item itself, and not just a material file. If it is just a material file, you will get an error that says an item in the Scene must be selected first.

edited December 1969

Excuse me, there is mo Icon... Plus, my Gecko is in the DAZ Studio Formats-Folder. There I only get the four folders, like in the explorer / finder. I can open them, but there are only the data, by doubleclicking DAZ opens the folder and at when I try to doubleclick the data happens nothing. ;(

At the example Poser Formats> My library>Figures>DAZ Dragons I get the Icon and I can bring hin into the scene...
    What's gone wrong?

Thanks
    Alex

edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

I don't have this item, but it almost certainly has a CR2 (Poser) file for the character, and it should have installed into the My Library folder under Poser Formats. It should have been installed with the My Library as the end of the path, and not any sub-folder of it. Can you look inside the Documents folder.

The path should be C:\Users\<<em>Your Username>\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character.

edited December 1969

Hey thanks a lot for your help ;)

Hope it works with the attachments

Alex

DAZ-Gecko.PNG
    1598 x 1029 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Hey, I copied the files into the folder you said- and I got the Icon. Zhanks a lot.
    But now I got an Error-Message:
    Cannot find a file for....
    After copiing the *.ojk into this folder I'm able to put it into the scene. But I suppose It's not really clean and I will get lot's of errors.

Thanks a lot for helping:)

alex

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Install to the My Library folder, not the My Library\AniBlocks\Animals folder, and it will work as everything wills lot into the correct place.

edited December 1969

Hey Richard,
    thanks a lot - the programmis too huge to understand it all - plus, I'm not a native speaker of english. 0> just a lot of battlefields I've got to fight on. ;)
    So I'm glad for any hint, tipp and trick I could get.
    Thanks for your patience and the help.

Best regards
    Alex