THE ANNUAL SUMMER FUN AND PINUPS CHALLENGE!

music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
edited June 2014 in Freebies

... WELCOME...COME ONE...COME ALL! ...

Welcome to the 7th annual June "Summer Fun and Pinups" freebie challenge. As usual, the theme is fun and pinups. You can submit any kind of summer fun, that could be anything, and/or a pinup of your favorite character, male or female. You choose.

Here is where I usually list all the rules for the month, but since Chohole stuck them to the wall, you can go read them here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/

Please read them good and try to stay within them, they will not change throughout this month, so please don't ask me to make any exceptions. Rules is rules. If you want to discuss one, feel free to bring it to the table here in this thread. We will all discuss it and reach a decission on anything.

ok...with that out of the way, let's list the prizes and such. First, we will be having two mini contests within the main contest this year. We will have the usual "Bag the Hag" contest. This is where you take a drop dead gorgeous body character, and put a butt ugly face on them, then you hide it with my "Hag Bag" that can be downloaded here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/52489/browse/11/Poser/Hag-Bag-Poser-Version

or if you prefer the .obj version here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/34908/browse/11/Poser/HAG-BAG

Make your render, then post it with the bag hiding the face. There will be a vote later by comments of the people here, then three finalists will be chosen. Then we will unbag the three...OMG! We will then vote for a winner. That winner will get a nice prize.

The second mini contest will be a new one. With the permission from the creator, Lord Ganthor, we will be having a "Clone and Dress up Louie" mini contest. Here you will try to create your own Louie character, dress him up and place him in a funny scene. The person who makes him look as close to Louie as can be will be the winner. Also, the funnier the scene and dress up the better. The winner will win a nice prize.

Also this year, as always, I will be giving someone "THE ROCK!". Dleelaw made an entire family with them, hopefully he will come and post a few renders of the Rock family. Way cool! I will pick someone at random and send them a pm with a link to it! It will be someone in the thread at the time. I may do this more than once.

Now...Prizes. I will be giving a few prizes myself:

Beach Complex - Grand Prize - over 30 props!
Beach Volleyball - to all winners.
Also, I will be giving all the mini contest prizes. Not gonna say what...lol.

There will be other donations, some by Daz PA's and vendors stores. Here is a list of who I have already to give:

1) STONEMASON - Will give one pick from his store to the first place winner. He will have Kevin issue the prize.

2) ADAM THWAITES - from mostdigitalcreations will give his newest sculpted reality character EMMA for Gen 2 female. Real nice character.

3) APRILYSH - Will give a choice or a bundle from her Daz store (only AprilYSH items, no collabs).

4) AGE OF ARMOUR - Will give the second place winner a choice of one item from their store here.

5) THORNE - will be giving a copy of her Pabu for V4/A4 character to a winner from her store here.

6) JADERAIL - Will be giving his usual prize GCs to the winners.

7) DAZ - Will be giving their usual GCs to all the winners:
1st - $15.00 GC
2nd - $12.00 GC
3rd - $8.00 GC

Anyone wanting to help with a donation, please do. Just say it here, then pm me with the info. I will then get with you and figure a way to give it and to who.

ok...that's about it.

once again, I want to welcome all and hope to have a blast this year. Throwing pies is allowed...

**heaves one at Jeeperz...SPLAT!...then runs!**

:shut:

:-)

...Sooooo, let's get ready to RUUUUMMMMBBBBLLLLEEEEE!!!!

Post edited by music2u4u on

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Here is this months banner for any who want it.

BannerJune2014.png
    480 x 80 - 57K
    edited June 2014

PINUP....Care to join me for a dip? (one of last years finalist...I think this render won...not sure though.)

CareToJoinMeForADip401.jpg
    724 x 966 - 245K
    edited December 1969

SUMMER FUN....FAMILY VACATION AT THE BEACH. (also a finalist from last year)

FamilyVactionAtTheBeach75.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 663K
    edited December 1969

One of my PINUPS....

BeachPinupDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 216K
    edited December 1969

I have one judge...Jeeperz. I will need two more if anyone wants to do it, just ask here.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Alas, I will be out of town the last weekend in June and the first few days in July, so I would not be able to give you my votes in a timely manner. Sorry about that...

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Looks great Music. The new mini contest would seem to be a very challenging and fun one too. Lots of nice prizes to boot. I think we are going to have some fun! I have something in mind will see how it goes.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I will help judge.

Looking forward to seeing all the great renders and the mini contests sound like a lot of fun.

Now I just have to get some inspiration.

*throws a pie at music then runs off to find a dark corner to contemplate this month's theme*

edited December 1969

Why thank you Kismet...I couldn't have gone another day without that!

WOW!...seems like old times!

I accept you as judge number 2.

pie2.jpg
    500 x 332 - 36K
    edited June 2014

So....I got a question. Is there, out there in the world, a single auto mechanic who can fix something broken on my car without breaking something else? I have had about four repairs done on my car. I have been across 5 counties looking for one who won't break something while fixing something. Even the Chrysler dealership here cracked my windshield all the way from the bottom to the top while charging my a/c unit, which didn't hold the charge. Then they wouldn't agknowledge that they broke it. They refuse to fix it. Now two days ago, I took my car to another mechanic because the dealership said it needed a new a/c compressor ($1,298.00). They just put a new one on last year, but my waranty ran out weeks before this one tore up. So, they broke my windshield and ticked me off real bad, so I found a new mechanic. He put a new compressor on for $850.00 but when I got my car back my exaust was leaking so bad it sounds like a hot rod now, and my power steering squeels whenever I turn the steering wheel. I took it back yesterday and they said they had to pull the engine up to get the old compressor off, and they must not have put the engine back in right. WHAT!...PULLED MY ENGINE OUT!

Gawd...please help me find a good honest mechanic who can fix my car without tearing up something each time. If this keeps up...I'll have to go buy a new car from them tearing it up! Then it starts all over again.

OH....This is not facebook...sorry!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You need to come live up on this Welsh mountain. Our Mechanic is great. He does little jobs and says settle up later when it's worth paying, and he hasn't cheated us yet. We are running a 20 year old car and it has just passed yet another MOT. He is over qualified for the place he works, and a bigger dealership is trying to poach him away, but the locals are all trying to persuade him to stay, as the place is miles and miles away.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    So....I got a question. Is there, out there in the world, a single auto mechanic who can fix something broken on my car without breaking something else? I have had about four repairs done on my car. I have been across 5 counties looking for one who won't break something while fixing something. Even the Chrysler dealership here cracked my windshield all the way from the bottom to the top while charging my a/c unit, which didn't hold the charge. Then they wouldn't agknowledge that they broke it. They refuse to fix it. Now two days ago, I took my car to another mechanic because the dealership said it needed a new a/c compressor ($1,298.00). They just put a new one on last year, but my waranty ran out weeks before this one tore up. So, they broke my windshield and ticked me off real bad, so I found a new mechanic. He put a new compressor on for $850.00 but when I got my car back my exaust was leaking so bad it sounds like a hot rod now, and my power steering squeels whenever I turn the steering wheel. I took it back yesterday and they said they had to pull the engine up to get the old compressor off, and they must not have put the engine back in right. WHAT!...PULLED MY ENGINE OUT!

Gawd...please help me find a good honest mechanic who can fix my car without tearing up something each time. If this keeps up...I'll have to go buy a new car from them tearing it up! Then it starts all over again.

OH....This is not facebook...sorry!

I can't remember what it was, but I heard about a car once that they had to pull the engine to change the oil filter. A lot of bad engineering going on out there. Glad I have my Toyota Camry XLE!

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I've got a 1997 Saturn station wagon with 230,000 miles on it. Don't think that I didn't shed a tear when they went out of business! Just about the best little car I've ever owned and probably ever will. Ya wanna know what I think is wrong with car makers today? Well, I'll tell ya...

Oh, yeah...not Facebook, like da man said. Sorry...

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

Ok so what's a clone and dress up Louie...what or who is Louie? Are you by any chance talking about Lord Ganthor's avatar?

edited December 1969

Ok so what's a clone and dress up Louie...what or who is Louie? Are you by any chance talking about Lord Ganthor's avatar?

Yes, Louie has had numerous adventures in the Freebie Challenge over the past couple of years. You can probably see them in the galleries, but I'm not sure all of them will be in there.

Dana

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

Oh I have seen the images, I just never knew what the character was named. Is Louie in the Daz store? I would like to have as many images as possible to try and do the clone thing for the mini contest.

edited December 1969

Oh I have seen the images, I just never knew what the character was named. Is Louie in the Daz store? I would like to have as many images as possible to try and do the clone thing for the mini contest.

I think Louie is dial-spun by Lord Ganthor.

Dana

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kendall!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited June 2014

This is a bit Off Topic, but since most of the folks who know her are here, I'm going to post it here:

Alexa has been accepted into Purdue University's Computer Graphics Technology Program starting this August. It was the exact Degree Program that she wanted and was her primary choice. They accepted her into the program 3 business days after she applied. She applied on a Wednesday after taking a tour of the facilities (which put her application submission after office hours) and was given notice of admission the following Monday.

Just thought that her friends here might want to know that all of her hard work has finally paid off. I attribute her success to the support that she received here in the Freebie Challenge from all of her friends.

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

This is a bit Off Topic, but since most of the folks who know her are here, I'm going to post it here:

Alexa has been accepted into Purdue University's Computer Graphics Technology Program starting this August. It was the exact Degree Program that she wanted and was her primary choice. They accepted her into the program 3 business days after she applied. She applied on a Wednesday after taking a tour of the facilities (which put her application submission after office hours) and was given notice of admission the following Monday.

Just thought that her friends here might want to know that all of her hard work has finally paid off. I attribute her success to the support that she received here in the Freebie Challenge from all of her friends.

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

That's great! I hope she continues to do well and enjoy her endeavors, too!

Dana

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    PINUP....Care to join me for a dip? (one of last years finalist...I think this render won...not sure though.)

it was the winner yes http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23063/P420
    by Skywalker77

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

That's great, really happy for her. I just know she will do well. My son is just biting finger nails waiting to find out his final results for his BSc, and the hoping to go on for his Masters next school year.

edited December 1969

Congradulations to Alexa! God knows she has earned it and deserves it. She has been wonderful up in here helping us all out since she was 14. I hope she goes far with it.

edited June 2014

So for those of you who don't know who or what Louie looks like, here are a few renders of Lord Ganthors infamous character. He was created by LG so you will have to copy him as good as you can. Some know him as "DA REAL MAN". I think he is from Jersey!

origimage_1_3235477.jpg
    642 x 700 - 474K
    Real_Man_Snowbound_001.jpg
    549 x 650 - 291K
    Louie_and_the_Pie.jpg
    480 x 600 - 189K
    Godspeed_001.jpg
    457 x 478 - 182K
    edited December 1969

One of my favs....lol.

Running_Mice.jpg
    450 x 511 - 287K
    edited June 2014

Just remember Louie must have a bottle of beer in his hand, a hat on, and a cigar in his mouth in your entry.

A tip....if you go back through the challenge monthly contests where LG entered Louie in the contest, and look at his freebie lists, you can click a link to most of the items used for Louie. But only you can dial the character to look like Louie.

Oh...BTW...Lord Ganthor, you are not allowed to enter the mini contest....BRUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Real_Man_Complains.jpg
    486 x 577 - 260K
    Louie_Plays_Death.jpg
    720 x 600 - 222K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

Please forward my Congratulations to Alexa!

Here's hoping we'll see her art somewhere prestigious (or profitable, or both) and say "I knew her when..."

Oh...BTW...Lord Ganthor, you are not allowed to enter the mini contest....BRUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

What, you don't remember the Woody Allen stand-up routine where a moose entered a costume contest and placed third, losing to a married couple dressed as a moose?
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all of you.
    Kendall

Tell Alexa congratulations, Kendall. How exciting for her, starting on a new journey. So are you. Will you be an empty nester in August?

edited December 1969

Just a heads up for those newbies and even us "been around the block kind" that don't have very many freebies that follow the theme this month. Mmalbert has a blog where she posts what she calls Spotlights. There are oodles and oodles of links to free stuff with thumbs to show you what they are. She also offers her own freebies. So if you need a Hawaiian shirt texture then she has it. Her work is for DAZ Studio but she is Poser friendly. Her Summer Solstice Freebie Spotlight is here.

If you have time you might want to take look at her blog. She offers postwork advice and points you to free sources. She has other spotlights, like Cinco de Mayo and Space Day. These spots are set up the same way as the Solstice spot. She has lots of spin dial characters for M4 V4 and K4. She offers textures for various free and paid for items and she has DAZ Studio shaders for metals, velvet and such. Her blog is a treasure trove for us freebie junkies. Hope you have as much fun as I have poking around her blog.

LouieImposter.jpg
    1000 x 1647 - 494K