Exporting from DAZ to Poser: texture problem

meassemmeassem Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi all,
I couldn't find anything about this problem on this forum:
I have problems exporting figures from DAZ Studio Pro (4.0.3.9) to Poser Pro 2012.
I have followed exactly this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDYEvSb7jQs
But when i try to open my character (Michael5) in Poser, it has "problems" opening the textures and this is the result i get! (Attachment).
What am i doing wrong?
Please help.
Thankyou.

Comments

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

meassem said:
    Hi all,
    I couldn't find anything about this problem on this forum:
    I have problems exporting figures from DAZ Studio Pro (4.0.3.9) to Poser Pro 2012.
    I have followed exactly this tutorial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDYEvSb7jQs
    But when i try to open my character (Michael5) in Poser, it has "problems" opening the textures and this is the result i get! (Attachment).
    What am i doing wrong?
    Please help.
    Thankyou.

Sadly, that tutorial is somewhat out of date which is why I wrote a commercial tutorial that's more up-to-date and covers more issues.

PLUG ALERT:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-to-poser-cr2/

DAZ Studio does some things that Poser either doesn't do, or does differently, and the conversion process that the .CR2 exporter goes through can be only partially successful if it encounters one of these particular differences. In the case of Michael 5, some of the materials are specifies in what I beleive are DAZ-specific file format (.dsi files) so Poser doesn't understand what it's trying to do. Just changing the .dsi referecnes to .jpg references does a FAIR job of correcting that problem.

However, your problem looks more extreme and you haven't mentioned any error messages, which gives me pause for thought. I wonder - have you got the textures for M5 in a runtime that Poser is linked to?

Cheers,

Cliff

• meassemmeassem Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Hello Cliff,
    Thank you for your fast reply!
    You are right...One thing i forgot to mention was that Poser shows me errors while loading it.
    This is the result when i cancel searching for textures because i have no textures at all.
    I Thought DAZ Studio will create textures for export automatically!
    Do you think downloading this plug in will solve my problem?

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

meassem said:
    Hello Cliff,
    Thank you for your fast reply!
    You are right...One thing i forgot to mention was that Poser shows me errors while loading it.
    This is the result when i cancel searching for textures because i have no textures at all.
    I Thought DAZ Studio will create textures for export automatically!
    Do you think downloading this plug in will solve my problem?

Ah right - well you don't need the tutorial (which is a commercial product telling you how to use the exporter plus a few extras like how to overcome problems with M5 materials and so on) but what you do need to do is add the DAZ Studio "runtime" to Poser. It's covered in the tutorial I mentioned - which I'd profit from, so beware of ulterior motives in my recommending it - but it's also documented in all sorts of other places, probably including the manual. The exporter does not export the textures, but if you add the DAZ Studio runtime to Poser's libraries then it will be able to find them :)

Cheers,

Cliff