Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics - July Freebie Contest

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

I know you didn't but in truth have you never thought when you were having a conversation with the female persuasion that said female just might be from Mars or something because she was not making any sense at the time? Even if she looked like Dejah Thoris?

Who? I had to look that up. No, I don't think women are from Mars, or Venus. And I've actually had plenty of conversations with men that made me think "What the hell is he talking about?" My trademark saying is, Sense is not common! And I see proof every day.

Dana

No tell me it is not so! I am right proud to provide you with a piece of triva that is somewhat worthless.

Well, that looks like it's a graphic novel or comic character. I'm not into those much these days. Even when I was into comics, it was mostly the super hero things. Mostly DC, but some Marvel, too. But I haven't bought them in ages. I have some from the 60s, and then I started up for a while again when they were going to kill Superman, the first time, with Doomsday. But at a certain point I stopped again.

Dana

Well she is a little older than that. 1911 is when she came on the scene as the love interest of Captain John Carter. Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote a whole series about the two and their children. So I met her when I was a youngun of 12 and just starting to read science fiction. Everytime I see a picture of Vicky, fighting in a temple, scantally clad, I think of her. I don't know if Burroughs ever made a comic out of the series. He died in 1950.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

I know you didn't but in truth have you never thought when you were having a conversation with the female persuasion that said female just might be from Mars or something because she was not making any sense at the time? Even if she looked like Dejah Thoris?

Who? I had to look that up. No, I don't think women are from Mars, or Venus. And I've actually had plenty of conversations with men that made me think "What the hell is he talking about?" My trademark saying is, Sense is not common! And I see proof every day.

Dana

No tell me it is not so! I am right proud to provide you with a piece of triva that is somewhat worthless.

Well, that looks like it's a graphic novel or comic character. I'm not into those much these days. Even when I was into comics, it was mostly the super hero things. Mostly DC, but some Marvel, too. But I haven't bought them in ages. I have some from the 60s, and then I started up for a while again when they were going to kill Superman, the first time, with Doomsday. But at a certain point I stopped again.

Dana

Well she is a little older than that. 1911 is when she came on the scene as the love interest of Captain John Carter. Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote a whole series about the two and their children. So I met her when I was a youngun of 12 and just starting to read science fiction. Everytime I see a picture of Vicky, fighting in a temple, scantally clad, I think of her. I don't know if Burroughs ever made a comic out of the series. He died in 1950.

There were lots of wrks based off of ERB, Below is a comic cover.

http://mensroommagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/John-Carter-Comic-John-Carter-Warlord-of-Mars.jpg

Kendall

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

Dana

Dana

That was such a lame story line... I was quite disappointed. Now, "Knightfall", the breaking of the Bat, that was a good story line. (For those that don't know: Batman ca. 1993-94).

Kendall

True but for its time it was groundbreaking. A world full of creatures that today still inspire our artists. A series that still inspires our SF writers, and our scientists. He pretty much created his story in a vaccum, no JJ Abrams around. My mom bought me the book because I was just crazy about space and space travel. I became an engineer because of some of the ideas contained in this book as well as many others. Ever read When Worlds Colide and After Worlds Colide?

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

Dana

Dana

That was such a lame story line... I was quite disappointed. Now, "Knightfall", the breaking of the Bat, that was a good story line. (For those that don't know: Batman ca. 1993-94).

Kendall

True but for its time it was groundbreaking. A world full of creatures that today still inspire our artists. A series that still inspires our SF writers, and our scientists. He pretty much created his story in a vaccum, no JJ Abrams around. My mom bought me the book because I was just crazy about space and space travel. I became an engineer because of some of the ideas contained in this book as well as many others. Ever read When Worlds Colide and After Worlds Colide?

I was referring to the bolded text. "The killing of Superman" was a lame story line. Not ERB.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

Dana

Dana

Kendall

I was referring to the bolded text. "The killing of Superman" was a lame story line. Not ERB.

Kendall

Oh shucks. Don't you just hate it when somebody goes all philosophical?

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited July 2012

DanaTA said:

Well, that looks like it's a graphic novel or comic character.

Actually, Dejah Thoris is from Burroughs' John Carter novels.

Edit: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH ... I hate when I come into a conversation late!

Post edited by Kludge on
    edited July 2012

Dollygirl said:

Y'know, you just keep giving me reasons to fall totally madly head over heels in love with you. ;-)

Seriously, When Worlds Collide and After Worlds Collide were part of my collection back on the mainland. While my collection was a bit more contemporary it did include Jules Verne and some ERB.

Post edited by Kludge on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

OK, as I said I never heard of her until now. My only exposure to John Carter is the ads for the movie when it was coming around...which I didn't see. I only get to see a movie in the theater maybe twice a year. The last one we saw was Men In Black 3. Before that it was The Green Lantern. Both were in 3D.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    OK, as I said I never heard of her until now. My only exposure to John Carter is the ads for the movie when it was coming around...which I didn't see. I only get to see a movie in the theater maybe twice a year. The last one we saw was Men In Black 3. Before that it was The Green Lantern. Both were in 3D.

ROFL ... You're a lot more current than I am. The last movie I saw in a theater was "Independence Day" which was a while back.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Don't worry - the movie only shared names (and a couple of designs) with the novels.

The first few John Carter novels are old enough to be in public domain - check Project Gutenberg if you're interested.

edited December 1969

Is it just me or has this topic ground to a halt except for a slow discussion about ERB's novels?

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    Is it just me or has this topic ground to a halt except for a slow discussion about ERB's novels?

Everybody except Alexa has finished what they intend to enter?

Kendall

• ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    edited July 2012

I haven't posted in one of these threads for so long! XD I don't think I'd be able to get anything finished in time for the deadline, but I thought I'd throw in a NAE since I liked the outcome with the toon shader. Rendered with DS2 in 2008, when I first started playing with Studio. I'll try to track down the freebies if anyone wants them.

Title: Devils Never Cry

Dante_002toonsm.jpg
    700 x 906 - 149K
    Post edited by Shanarah on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

love the new gallery Kendall. It is a little slow to load the renders but you have done a GREAT job on it.

edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Good possibility. I am looking forward to what she comes out with next. Her work is always sooo delightful.

In the meantime, on the subject of Science Fiction, I wonder how many are familiar with H. Beam Piper ... :)

edited December 1969

I'm actually looking to see what I can throw together in the few minutes that I have available today. We'll see.

Kendall

edited December 1969

I haven't posted in one of these threads for so long! XD I don't think I'd be able to get anything finished in time for the deadline, but I thought I'd throw in a NAE since I liked the outcome with the toon shader. Rendered with DS2 in 2008, when I first started playing with Studio. I'll try to track down the freebies if anyone wants them.

Oh, my. That's a cool piece ... and someone I'd hate to meet if he's got an issue with me. :bug:

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Kendall

I'd like to do one more entry but I don't know if I'll have time to complete it.

edited December 1969

I like it! Very polished look!

Dana

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

One last try.

I thought of this last night while watching an anime movie that was nothing like this render.

Title: Big Ape

A3
    A3 free site reg req
    Sumire Hair A3 fourteen down
    sione-Aiko3-ForestElf three down
    Scene
    PsychoHouse free site reg req
    City
    3DF-Radiant_Skys backgrounds 6 3D Freak Backgrounds 6 down
    ufo
    G4M_Betty_Bomber free site reg req
    Ultimate Shader Pack free site reg req., used on psycho house

Paid
    Gorilla free site reg req

DAZ Studio 3.0
    Two Spot Lights one set to specular only
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

Big_Ape.jpg
    800 x 648 - 377K
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    One last try.

I thought of this last night while watching an anime movie that was nothing like this render.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=11252_t4R8ElUNpB9xstcorDol&board_id=1

Very funny! I love it!

Dana

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Here's my entrie.
    Unfortunately I can't conclude all the scenes because my DS4-Pro totally chash, it don't open. Complete uninstall and reinstall following documentated instruction from daz3d page doesn't work. I can't believe I can solve this in 3 days, and I don't know if my daz archive is corrupted or not.

These are any scene I created to compose with a couple of lighting presets.

Title: Leap To Vengaence: Kira have not patience, have not mercy...but she is full of wrath.

Render:

Totally in Daz Studio 4. Toon shaders and outliner are developed by me (WIP) using shader builder. I create my own functions and macros to the shaders. Parameters enables switch between absoluty plane duo tone toon shading and Color/Strenght Light affected toon.

Freebies:

1. Free Conforming Bodysuit for Genesis ( Most Digital Creations) (enemy bodysuit)
    http://www.most-digital-creations.com/www.most-digital-creations.com_GenesisBodysuit.zip

2. V4 Kickin' Beauty (Kickass Poses collection) (poses)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/35457/related/11/Poser/V4-Kickin-Beauty-(Kickass-Poses-collection)

3. Plane Legs for Aiko 3 (enemy's legs)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/39555/gallery/11/Poser/Plane-Legs-for-Aiko-3

4. Sci Fi Helmet for V4 (enemy's helmet)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/37364/View/11/Poser/Sci-Fi-Helmet-for-V4

5. Level 50 Sci fi Environment for Poser (walls, ceiling and floor)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/13146/View/11/Poser/Level-50-Sci-fi-Environment-for-Poser

6. M4 Hero Hair (Beta Version) (Kira's fibermesh hair)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/60142/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Hero-Hair-(Beta-Version)

7. V3-Warrior character+outfit (Kira's Suit)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/15953/gallery/11/Poser/V3-Warrior-character+outfit

8. Aggro Collection final version (Kira's right glove)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/37000/gallery/11/Poser/Aggro-Collection-for-V4-A4-G4-Alice--final-version

9. Cosplay Costume 9 (Kira´s boots)
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/download_item.php?item_id=63478

10. MPHAR-20 Heavy assault rifle (enemy's weapon)
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/download_item.php?item_id=63288

11. DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs (Genesis Conversion) (enemy's long nais)
    http://www.sharecg.com/login.php?ref=58198&PSID=95a1eb0767a2e32cd33f2ac615b95d31

12.Anime-Style Weapons Pack #2 (Kira´s weapons)
    http://www.sharecg.com/login.php?ref=36939

Base Figure for Genesis:

V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis/

Paid Items:

1. Hitomi 3D Anime Girl for Genesis (eyebrows, Lashes shape and cornea reflects)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hitomi-for-genesis-bundle/

2. Nata for Genesis (Kira's body mix with V3)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/nata-for-genesis/

3. Toon Amy for Genesis (Only teeth)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toon-amy-for-genesis-character-hair/

4. Real Emotions for DAZ Studio 4
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/real-emotions-for-daz-studio-4/

toma_general_sin_luz.png
    1222 x 846 - 1M
    downagro_overcast_garden.png
    945 x 846 - 792K
    Lagarto_on_scanner.png
    945 x 846 - 655K
    acerca1_overcast_garden.png
    945 x 846 - 720K
    acerca1_on_scanner.png
    945 x 846 - 783K
    edited December 1969

... and a couple of versions more

kira.png
    744 x 846 - 295K
    acerca1_plano.png
    945 x 846 - 783K
  • ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    One last try.

:lol: Nice one, dleelaw!

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've started the thread for the August Challenge

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4897/

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Here's my entrie.
    Unfortunately I can't conclude all the scenes because my DS4-Pro totally chash, it don't open. Complete uninstall and reinstall following documentated instruction from daz3d page doesn't work. I can't believe I can solve this in 3 days, and I don't know if my daz archive is corrupted or not.

Sorry you're having such troubles with DS4. I hope you can get it sorted out!

That's one angry woman there!

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    ...Unfortunately I can't conclude all the scenes because my DS4-Pro totally chash, it don't open. Complete uninstall and reinstall following documentated instruction from daz3d page doesn't work. I can't believe I can solve this in 3 days, and I don't know if my daz archive is corrupted or not.

Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit? If you are trying to use the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine, you must install DS in a seperate folder on your "C" drive outside the programs folders. It will work then.

also...how big are your texture sizes...if you have the default openGL render engine that came with your pooter, it is probably pretty weak. Upgrade to a better graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS perhaps) and it will handle up to 4000x4000 size textures without causing DS to crash...or, resize your textures down to 1500x1500 and openGL will handle it.

:-)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    gilikshe said:
    Here's my entrie.

Sorry you're having such troubles with DS4. I hope you can get it sorted out!

That's one angry woman there!

Dana

Thanks, It's not first time I lose DS4, but it is first time that reinstall doesn't work. Definitively I must change for 4.5 release, with o without problem with plugins.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    gilikshe said:
    ...Unfortunately I can't conclude all the scenes because my DS4-Pro totally chash, it don't open. Complete uninstall and reinstall following documentated instruction from daz3d page doesn't work. I can't believe I can solve this in 3 days, and I don't know if my daz archive is corrupted or not.

Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit? If you are trying to use the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine, you must install DS in a seperate folder on your "C" drive outside the programs folders. It will work then.

also...how big are your texture sizes...if you have the default openGL render engine that came with your pooter, it is probably pretty weak. Upgrade to a better graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS perhaps) and it will handle up to 4000x4000 size textures without causing DS to crash...or, resize your textures down to 1500x1500 and openGL will handle it.

Windows 7 32 bits, DS4 32 bits 4.0.3.47. NVIDIA Geforce 8500 GT 512 Mb. I have 2 GB in DDR2 RAM with shameful frequency. Core2 duo. When memory for DS4 is more than 500.000, it become paralized, don't save scene, smart content vanishing and renders go black. Next, DS4 dead and no open more. In another contest I lose it, but I can reinstall it. Just now nothing! I think that 4.5 release can be an option.

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    music2u4u said:
    gilikshe said:

Windows 7 32 bits, DS4 32 bits 4.0.3.47. NVIDIA Geforce 8500 GT 512 Mb. I have 2 GB in DDR2 RAM with shameful frequency. Core2 duo. When memory for DS4 is more than 500.000, it become paralized, don't save scene, smart content vanishing and renders go black. Next, DS4 dead and no open more. In another contest I lose it, but I can reinstall it. Just now nothing! I think that 4.5 release can be an option.

Have your RAM tested. This reads an awful lot like a bad RAM cell. DDR2 RAM is very cheap for modules 2G or smaller.

Kendall