Aging morphs for genesis

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I'd like some 'aging morphs' for genesis.

I'd like to be able to add some slight tweaks to show age progression in a character. I realize there is an age dial, but it makes the face large and look strange.

I'd like some simple wrinkle morphs, eyebags, etc.

Plus morphs for the body to look more stooped for some types of elders.

I'd also like more middle-age morphs too. Not everyone should be very old, or very young.... And perhaps some good skins to go with?

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Someone (DAZ_Rand, I think) has said there's a forthcoming age set for Genesis. You can see a preview of it here: http://www.daz3d.com/media/products/genesis/michael/genesis-figure-platform-diagram.jpg (the "Old" character). In the meantime you can use the textures (including displacement maps) from Aged for V4 and M4 on Genesis...those provide wrinkles and things. There are some middle-aged and older characters in the store...Phoenix1966 in particular has some nice ones (I own and recommend Stefan).

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I'd like some 'aging morphs' for genesis.

I'd like to be able to add some slight tweaks to show age progression in a character. I realize there is an age dial, but it makes the face large and look strange.

I'd like some simple wrinkle morphs, eyebags, etc.

Plus morphs for the body to look more stooped for some types of elders.

I'd also like more middle-age morphs too. Not everyone should be very old, or very young.... And perhaps some good skins to go with?

I want to see morphs like this too. Using morphs from character morphs tend to change your own character too much. Age lines and sagging of skin is something I'd like to see. There is also youthifying the face. There is a young morph in Genesis and both V5 and M5, but it would be cool to see something that compliments your own character that you have dialed yourself, respecting the shape that you have created without losing the face. I hope these new morphs and textures that are being developed offer something close to this.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Have you tried "Young" face morph from Genesis: Evolution morph bundle? I have used it, and it successfully kept my character as young, while keeping the dialed facial morphs.

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Have you tried "Young" face morph from Genesis: Evolution morph bundle? I have used it, and it successfully kept my character as young, while keeping the dialed facial morphs.

I have used it successfully but IMHO it kinda loses the character I dial in and gives you a default face. Besides it never hurts to have even more face morph options.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

This is true. I totally would love to get more morphs on that front.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

The young face morph also works pretty well for a certain amount of aging if you dial it in the negative direction.

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

I've used the free die trying morphs to help get an aged look to the mesh, the texture is a different story but doable, or use geb 4 stuff like others have suggested.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

I have a few freebie genesis age morphs by Zev which work well. Jowls is one of them: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64698/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/FaceJowls-for-Genesis

I don't like the young morph. I think the aged side just looks big and weird-looking to me.

I still want a daz version though. Not everyone ages the same so some crows feet, slight lines etc. Essentially, I want to do what I do with sims. Make a child, have him age, and get older until he is elder.

• Bruno AcciolyBruno Accioly Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Released: http://www.daz3d.com/aging-morphs-for-genesis

That's what I wanted!

• Downloaded aging morphs for Michael and Victoria. How do you apply them to the figure? New to DAZ