"For my Summer Vacation I went to...". August Freebie Challenge

BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in Freebies

Welcome to the August freebie challenge.

The theme is "For my summer Vacation I went to...".

Remember when you were a kid and your teachers asked what you did during your summer vacation? Was it a week at the beach swimming, sunning & other water sports? How about a camping trip in the back woods? Or a road trip visiting historic sites and amusement parks?
You decide and you render it.

Rules

1. a) Minimum of 10 freebies including at least one from our freebie vendor of the month Hobobo.
b) Links must be provided for the freebies to count and; unless specified otherwise; must point to the download page of the freebie.
c) Limit of 2 freebies from a single vendor (or artist)

2. Maximum of 3 paid for items allowed. M4; V4; Genesis and M4 & V4's Morphs ++ are not counted towards your freebies or paid for items.

3. The sofware allowed is DAZ Studio; Poser or Bryce. You can use any free rendering program as long as you provide a link (it will not count as a freebie). The "Reality" plug-in for Lux renderer will count as a paid for item.

4. Postwork will be limited to combining of partial scenes to make a complete scene; adding borders or adding signatures.

5. HAVE FUN!!!

Prizes

1st Place

$10.00 DAZ gift certificate*

2nd Place

$5.00 DAZ gift certificate*

3rd Place

$3.00 DAZ gift certificate*

Honourable Mentions (2)

$2.00 DAZ gift certificate*

* donated by your host

Lazy Days texture for mamomamo's Knit OnePiece set for V4 by me

Mark for Apollo by Shaaelia

more prizes will be announced (music2u4u will be providing something)
also I am looking for donations for a prize.

Judging will be done by: Yandorx ; jeeperz &

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Remember when you were a kid and your teachers asked what you did during your summer vacation? Was it a week at the beach swimming, sunning & other water sports? How about a camping trip in the back woods? Or a road trip visiting historic sites and amusement parks?
    You decide and you render it.

Rules

1. a) Minimum of 10 freebies including at least one from our freebie vendor of the month Hobobo.
    b) Links must be provided for the freebies to count and; unless specified otherwise; must point to the download page of the freebie.
    c) Limit of 2 freebies from a single vendor (or artist)

2. Maximum of 3 paid for items allowed. M4; V4; Genesis and M4 & V4's Morphs ++ are not counted towards your freebies or paid for items.

3. The sofware allowed is DAZ Studio; Poser or Bryce. You can use any free rendering program as long as you provide a link (it will not count as a freebie). The "Reality" plug-in for Lux renderer will count as a paid for item.

4. Postwork will be limited to combining of partial scenes to make a complete scene; adding borders or adding signatures.

5. HAVE FUN!!!

Prizes

1st Place

$10.00 DAZ gift certificate*

2nd Place

$5.00 DAZ gift certificate*

3rd Place

$3.00 DAZ gift certificate*

Honourable Mentions (2)

$2.00 DAZ gift certificate*

* donated by your host

more prizes will be announced (music2u4u will be providing something)
    also I am looking for donations for a prize.

Judging will be done by: (looking for volunteers please)

this sounds like alot of fun B, I'll hang back and wait to see if you get judges, but if you run short I'll step in as one

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited July 2012

Gallery Set Up and ready.

Anyone wanna create a banner image to show for the gallery?

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Remember when you were a kid and your teachers asked what you did during your summer vacation?

I remember the teacher asking me what I did for summer vacation.

I told her and was suspended for two weeks.

I will need to review the TOS for this one.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    BWSman said:

Remember when you were a kid and your teachers asked what you did during your summer vacation?

You naughty boy!

:-)

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited July 2012

music2u4u said:
    dleelaw57 said:
    BWSman said:

You naughty boy!

:-)

In my own defense it was not my fault.

If that bell hadn’t gone off I would have never started running ..
    and slipped …
    and bumped that cart …
    that rolled through the big window …
    and ended up in the fountain …

darn bell.

But I swear to you that display manikin was like that when I found her.

And that made me wonder why they don’t call that model a Ladykin.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kendall

One banner coming up. :coolsmile:

aug_banner.jpg
    400 x 100 - 42K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Kendall

Banner image is kind of useless right now. Who knows when we'll have that functionality available again...if ever?

Dana

edited July 2012

BWSman said:

Kendall

It is now the icon image for the Aug2012 Freebie Challenge Gallery Gallery.

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Kendall

It is now the icon image for the Aug2012 Freebie Challenge Gallery Gallery.

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/

Kendall

Do we have to register to see things here? For July I only see two images on one page. Am I doing something wrong?

Dana

edited December 1969

Never mind. I just noticed that they were thumbnails for sub-pages. :red:

Dana

edited December 1969

I'm open for someone to create "standard" icons for the thumbnails. By default the first entry in the album will be used.

Kendall

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

I'm only seeing the first 5 thumb images per sub page. The rest only have a text link. I'm using Firefox 3.5.

Gerry

edited December 1969

I'm only seeing the first 5 thumb images per sub page. The rest only have a text link. I'm using Firefox 3.5.

Gerry

Do a refresh, that'll grab the rest. The metrics gathering software is causing the "extra" links to timeout before your browser displays them. Once I can get some metrics for tweaking the site, this "side effect" will go away.

Kendall

edited July 2012

Here are some thumbnails I made in PSP for the standard icons. If the other ETOs like it we can use them or if anybody has suggestions I'd be willing to try something different.

Edited to add a couple more

NAE_thumb2.jpg
    200 x 200 - 25K
    entries_thumb2.jpg
    200 x 200 - 26K
    NAE_thumb.jpg
    200 x 200 - 26K
    entries_thumb.jpg
    200 x 200 - 26K
    Post edited by BWSman on
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like the theme BWSman :)

edited December 1969

This week's DAZ freebie item fits nicely in with my theme.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/summertime-grill/

go pick it up and start rendering.

edited December 1969

How about these thumbnails for the icons?

I'll let you all guess which is which. :-)

Kendall

nae_thumb.jpg
    250 x 194 - 25K
    entry_thumb.jpg
    250 x 173 - 16K
  • edited December 1969

Interesting theme. Though I never had a summer vacation per se. I just had weeks where I didn't go to school. I suppose you could've called them really long weekends.

Must see if I can squeeze in a render.

edited December 1969

Interesting theme. Though I never had a summer vacation per se. I just had weeks where I didn't go to school. I suppose you could've called them really long weekends.

Oh .. assasin. here is ahug :)
    I was a lot at my grandma.. She lived ona country side, and her neighbours had a pretty big farm. We always enjoyed staying at grandma.. every evening we went to the farm to pick up milk, freshly milked from a cow, went in the mourning to the store to buy yet warm bread and then having it for breakfast,and were peaking strawberries, and rasberries. Our favorite game was collecting the snails.
    My sister once collected like 30 of them, and got them to the box, and under her bed... She was very suprised in the mourning, when the box was empty ( when you 6 you do not think about covering the box).. and the snails.. all over the house .

Oh I remember my grandma's house really good . It was old house, since she passed my unkle lives there, and they made a lot of changes, but I can still remember it pefectly

We also had few family camping trips , we were few times to the beach, to the lakes...

OOps, sorry to put it on you guys.. just have so much fun memories of summer, and vacations...

• edited December 1969

Krissy said:

I was a lot at my grandma.. She lived ona country side, and her neighbours had a pretty big farm. We always enjoyed staying at grandma.. every evening we went to the farm to pick up milk, freshly milked from a cow, went in the mourning to the store to buy yet warm bread and then having it for breakfast,and were peaking strawberries, and rasberries. Our favorite game was collecting the snails.
    My sister once collected like 30 of them, and got them to the box, and under her bed... She was very suprised in the mourning, when the box was empty ( when you 6 you do not think about covering the box).. and the snails.. all over the house .

Oh I remember my grandma's house really good . It was old house, since she passed my unkle lives there, and they made a lot of changes, but I can still remember it pefectly

We also had few family camping trips , we were few times to the beach, to the lakes...

OOps, sorry to put it on you guys.. just have so much fun memories of summer, and vacations...
    I lived in the country, with my grandparents (and my aunt 'n' uncle, and my dad). Depending on the year, there were two to four horses that needed riding each day, paddocks that required tending after the winter slush had dried up, fences to mend, wood to chop, eggs to collect (if you could find them) ... when the sun went down there were always books to read and stories to write.
    Good times. Just not really a vacation as I did it all year round.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Hi everybody. I have posted the winners for the July freebie contest. Congratulations to the winners. Now let's have some summer fun!
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3187/P765/#63503

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

I lived in the country, with my grandparents (and my aunt 'n' uncle, and my dad). Depending on the year, there were two to four horses that needed riding each day, paddocks that required tending after the winter slush had dried up, fences to mend, wood to chop, eggs to collect (if you could find them) ... when the sun went down there were always books to read and stories to write.
    Good times. Just not really a vacation as I did it all year round.

Really nice... So you had a busy childhood :)

Thou I understand. My family was also not rich.. we always were jelous when other kids were talking camps and other stuff, but well staying at grandma was also cool :D

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

On the off-chance somebody doesn't know where to find HoboBo's stuff, surf to http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=HoboBo and discover over 2000 downloads... (Some of these are artwork, but the vast majority aren't.)
  • fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

I have decided to donate a prize to the top three winners. I created a sculpted V4 face which I named V4 August Prize. See the image below to see what she looks like. This is just for the face morph which I will not release as a freebie or for sell anywhere. So the only users who will receive her will be the winners and myself. (sorry no textures I don't have a good resource yet).

V4AugustPrizePreview.JPG
    600 x 800 - 89K
    edited August 2012

Very nice! I'm sure the winners will like her!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Agree with Dana. She's very nice.

I'm not sure to participate this month. Have no Idea yet of what to render.

edited December 1969

If one doesn't get to take vacations, what are our options? I haven't had a vacation in 4 years (a week in Florida). Can we render a "wish for" vacation? :-)

Kendall

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

If one doesn't get to take vacations, what are our options? I haven't had a vacation in 4 years (a week in Florida). Can we render a "wish for" vacation? :-)

Kendall

Kendall puts forth a very good question. Is this literally something where we have to show what we, ourselves did, or simply showing our characters on vacation?
    edited December 1969

Sounds kind of simple to me...it's just like the report in grade school that some teachers used to have the class do. I suppose some of the kids made things up, especially if they were not as fortunate and just stayed home all summer. Like me. But I didn't make up stories. In fact, I don't really remember having to do that. I remember hearing about other classes that had to write somethign up. Some classes just had to stand up and tell the class. Sometimes they had show and tell I guess. Maybe I had those a couple of times, I can't remember though. Maybe I blocked it out of my memory, since it wasn't fun to hear about the others going to amusement parks, Disneyland, or some mountainous area.

OK, maybe TMI.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kendall

Well IMO A good book is also a vacation ... :D

And I am sorry guys I am going to disapear for some time. There is something wrong with one of our beloved kitties. She barely walks, got very skinny and do not eat or drink.. and yet yesterday all was good. I am really worried.. I would say she ate something outside, or maybe was attacted by something, but no I am waiting for my man to come home to take her to the vet, and I am afraid for the worst ...