8.5 beta

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Will this update my Carrara 8.1 to 8.5 or will it install a completely new separate application

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

It says in the first paragraph of the announcement that it can run side by side to 8.1

• edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    It says in the first paragraph of the announcement that it can run side by side to 8.1

Which mean I have to find updated versions of all my Plugins then such as DCG!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

create a new folder and install it to that
    call it Carrara beta
    you can reinstall copies of your plugins to that folder too
    you manually create a shortcut to the program or your C8.1 dep on which one the desktop shortcut goes to
    I actually replaced C8.1 64bit but reinstalled C8.1 64bit to my external drive if I really need it, I have C8.1 32bit and C8.5 beta 64bit on my computer.
    stuff done in the 32bit renders in the 64 so if I do not want to use the beta, I just do it in the 32bit save and then render in tge 64bit beta.

• jrm21jrm21 Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

create a new folder and install it to that

VERY important to do that. A default install of the beta will over-write the version 8 install. You must manually choose a different folder.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Should I uninstall the last Beta (I assume it won't touch the regular) or just install over it. I don't want extra uninstallers hanging around either.