Particle blur

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am trying to use a one polygon sort of like a diamond as an object in a particle emitter so a smoke trail. NOW if U was using the preset DIAMOND in the emitter I could set an OBJECT BLUR to the emitter, say between 8-12 and go form there.

BUT it's apparent one can NOT apply an OBJECT BLUR to an Emitter IF it uses an OBJECT! WHy the hell is that

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Ummmm..... I don't know.

Have you tried the smoke preset from the Simple Particles directory in your Object Browser? I've had good luck modifying that and using it for smoke trails. The added advantage is that you can get an idea as to how it's built. If I recall it uses squares and a particle shader system. A good way to learn about the emitter and the particle shaders in my opinion!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Richard, I just had a thought regarding the blur issue. Instead of using blur on the emitter, use it on the object you're emitting. Basically the emitter is replicating your emitted object. I've made simple bird models, rigged them, and animated flapping wings and used an emitter to simulate a flock of birds, so maybe you can use the blur function directly on the object.

• edited December 1969

Thats exactly what I am trying right now!

• edited December 1969

Ummmm..... I don't know.

Have you tried the smoke preset from the Simple Particles directory in your Object Browser? I've had good luck modifying that and using it for smoke trails. The added advantage is that you can get an idea as to how it's built. If I recall it uses squares and a particle shader system. A good way to learn about the emitter and the particle shaders in my opinion!

Well I would LOVE to try the PARTICLE EMITTER SMOKE! BUT get this every time I pick it!

Picture_3.jpg
    677 x 467 - 48K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Well I would LOVE to try the PARTICLE EMITTER SMOKE! BUT get this every time I pick it!

See this post by 3DAGE:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/54218/